Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
usa_today_10283906.0.jpg

Reactions: domaug

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Just do whatever to get Lawrence, Trevor a few years from now. Go 0-16 for all I care ..

You poor poor soul lol.

I would love Lawerence... but we all know we wont be high enough to get him in 2/3 yrs.

We will he in QB hell once Ben retires for probably another 10-20 yrs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You poor poor soul lol.

I would love Lawerence... but we all know we wont be high enough to get him in 2/3 yrs.

We will he in QB hell once Ben retires for probably another 10-20 yrs.

Nah they won't wait that long. Theres guys they could sign to replace Ben if Rudolph isnt the answer. And if he isnt...and we do have a year where we miss the playoffs again and lets say finish with 15th pick. We will trade up to get our QB.

Wont be as bad as some think. And we should have a top defense by then too. Solid offense. As much as some complain about the Steelers ...we are like the St Louis Cardinals..we just dont go away. Well ran franchise.

Compare us to others around the league( other than Pats of course) and people will appreciate us more.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Nah they won't wait that long. Theres guys they could sign to replace Ben if Rudolph isnt the answer. And if he isnt...and we do have a year where we miss the playoffs again and lets say finish with 15th pick. We will trade up to get our QB.

Wont be as bad as some think. And we should have a top defense by then too. Solid offense. As much as some complain about the Steelers ...we are like the St Louis Cardinals..we just dont go away. Well ran franchise.

Compare us to others around the league( other than Pats of course) and people will appreciate us more.

It's crazy how NE fans forget how bad their org was until Brady and Bill showed up.

They were awful. Minus 2 shots at the superbowl were they ran into juggernauts both times.

But I guess 19 yrs of being on top and 6 SBs in that span can make one forget.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
At the time that happened, Colbert was right. Sanders was no AB. Had AB been bat-**** crazy like he is now, then perhaps events would have transpired differently. But in 2014, no GM would have taken Sanders over Brown.

I’m not saying they should have picked Sanders over Brown... but Colbert basically told Sanders he was worthless and had no right to turn down their offer (which was pure garbage) in so many words

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I’m sure it didn’t go down exactly like he said, and there are two sides to every story. I suspect Sanders said some dumb shit and Colbert fired back. There were enough rumors in Pgh about he and Brown calling themselves Young Money, but only one was worth a big contract at that point.

This is a guy who never broke 750 yards and he was acting like he deserved some big deal?

Steelers have churned out flankers, so over paying a guy who had avg numbers wasn’t smart business.

Reactions: KIRK

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’m sure it didn’t go down exactly like he said, and there are two sides to every story. I suspect Sanders said some dumb **** and Colbert fired back. There were enough rumors in Pgh about he and Brown calling themselves Young Money, but only one was worth a big contract at that point.

This is a guy who never broke 750 yards and he was acting like he deserved some big deal?

Steelers have churned out flankers, so over paying a guy who had avg numbers wasn’t smart business.

Didn't the Steelers first offer Sanders the contract that Brown eventually signed??? That's how I remember it going down. IF so, Sanders is a flat out liar.

I still think Colbert along with Tomlin should be shown the door. It's time.

Edit, nope. that was the Wallace contract.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Didn't the Steelers first offer Sanders the contract that Brown eventually signed??? That's how I remember it going down. IF so, Sanders is a flat out liar.

I still think Colbert along with Tomlin should be shown the door. It's time.

Edit, nope. that was the Wallace contract.

Yeah it was Wallace who they offered that same deal to and he turned it down and then they gave it to AB almost immediately after

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I’m sure it didn’t go down exactly like he said, and there are two sides to every story. I suspect Sanders said some dumb **** and Colbert fired back. There were enough rumors in Pgh about he and Brown calling themselves Young Money, but only one was worth a big contract at that point.

I’m not even sure he was asking for the same deal Brown got. My point was that Colbert even though he didn’t come right out and say it basically told Sanders that he wasn’t worth enough to reject a deal from them. It comes across as Colbert acting like no one should ever reject an offer if it’s from the Steelers, regardless of how trash it is.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yeah it was Wallace who they offered that same deal to and he turned it down and then they gave it to AB almost immediately after

The Steelers love to talk about their stability within the organization and there is some credit due for it. But there is a huge downside when employees don't feel pressured to do better and aren't pushed by ownership.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Welcome to the dark side.
the more i read up on Hockenson, the more i want the Steelers to grab him.

the more i want the Steelers to grab someone, i fear, the less likely it becomes that they actually get that guy.

so maybe i should want Hockenson a little less.

(i'm not usually superstitious, but i am a little stitious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad