The Pittsburgher Thread: Draft Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I would love to see the Steelers get a ballhawk safety in the draft on Day 2. Davis does nothing, well except breaking up interceptions on his own teammates. He will be an UFA after next season and they really need to start to get some playmakers in the secondary that can cause turnovers.

A few guys I like are Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Juan Thornhill.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I would love to see the Steelers get a ballhawk safety in the draft on Day 2. Davis does nothing, well except breaking up interceptions on his own teammates. He will be an UFA after next season and they really need to start to get some playmakers in the secondary that can cause turnovers.

A few guys I like are Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Juan Thornhill.
there is a very good chance we are going to still be waiting on our ilb and I hope we don't wait till day 3:)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Steelers needs and players who are projected to be available around then line up well for their pick. SOMEONE will fall into their laps in a position of real need.

I simply hope that they do not reach as they have too often in the past for a lower ranked player because of perceived athleticism but low production where they once more are arrogant enough to think that they know better than anyone else.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Steelers needs and players who are projected to be available around then line up well for their pick. SOMEONE will fall into their laps in a position of real need.

I simply hope that they do not reach as they have too often in the past for a lower ranked player because of perceived athleticism but low production where they once more are arrogant enough to think that they know better than anyone else.

That's Tomlin...they've also gone for production but low ceiling as projected for a NFL player and haven't done well there either...it'd be nice to get smart players with good athletic traits but maybe not the best measurables

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
where they once more are arrogant enough to think that they know better than anyone else.
I seem to know lots of people that fit that.:laugh:....... wait! are you talking about me.... you are, you are! good thing it takes a level of intelligence to be insulated. I'm safe.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
There are so many corners projected in the late 1st round/2nd round that I would definitely consider trading back if that's how the draft plays out, especially if there are 3-4 of them that they like. There is a legitimate chance that someone they like will be there at their 2nd round pick too. They like Rock Ya-Sin supposedly, but that's a good example of what I mean because while I'm sure the guy's good, he might last or you "settle" for a guy you like just slightly less a little bit later.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I hope the Steelers don't get wind of this thread. They may actually draft a corner before the 5th round.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

Cincy at pick 11 is really the turning point for the Steelers I think. If they go QB then that sets up perfectly for the Steelers to steal Bush. If they draft Bush at 11 then I’m not sure what direction the Steelers go

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
For #20 I'll assume one of these players are the possible picks.

Devin Bush(duh)
Clelin Ferrell
Greedy Williams
Darnell Savage
Justin Layne

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not sure how Clelin Ferrell fits in here. I really don't see him as an OLB.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
MLB.... TE..... RB....WR.....CB

blah, blah and blah.

I know one thing, if you are going to be effective with a 3-4 defense you need to be strong up the middle and that all starts with the NT. Did anyone pay attention to the master designer of this defense, Cowher, and what his NT's looked like???

Give me a big A$$ with power and quickness ala Casey Hampton or Joel Steed and suddenly watch the QB not being able to step up in the pocket. All of those half step wide misses by Dupree become sacks.

GET ME A BIG A$$ please... and move Hargrave to a mix position.

thank you

Reactions: AgentM

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Hampton wouldn't see the field in 2019.

The Steelers hardly even use a 3-4 look anymore. It's all about sub package defenses now.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Ha... ha

Maybe that's their problem. Why don't you take a look at all of the good defenses in the league and see how strong they are up the middle. yeesh

I think you need to look around the league. Who uses a zero tech nose tackle in the mold of Hampton? No one., if they do they rarely use them

It's four man fronts. with 5-6 DB's on the field.

The NFL is completely different than it was 10 to 20 years ago.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I picture Tomlin/Colbert sending Goodell their pick, a CB, and a random Steeler running onto the stage frantically screaming another player's name

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I'm hoping all these rumors of Savage being a consideration at 20 are false. That would be Edmund's part 2.

Hes got skills but if the Steelers like him that much use your 2nd and a 3rd to move up to early 2nd and take him then. Dont waste pick 20 on him. That would be another reach.

Especially is someone like Ferrell is there. If all our other targets are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad