OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 43ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have no problem with weed, even though I have no personal interest in it. But if someone is paying you millions and one of the requirements is no weed, it is not that big a deal. Give it up until you retire.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Not even until you retire. Assuming a player has never failed a test, you get tested once at random and are not tested again all season if you pass. You have to be insanely stupid to get caught. There are certainly hundreds of users in the league and a handful of guys each year get caught.

Most of the guys who don't get caught aren't exactly mensa members either.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Don't forget that once you are put in the NFL drug program, you just need to stay clean for 90 days and then you are out of the program.

That's what makes it even more pathetic someone gets to stage four.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Well, First Take on ESPN debated the truly critical AFC Player of the Week "issue".

Skip is convinced that Goodell has it out for Touchdown Tom.:laugh::help:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
ESPN is still a thing?

I remember growing up and never changing the channel from ESPN (except when American Gladiators was on) and had it set as my AOL homepage and now I forget it exists most days.

Boy am I old...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
ESPN took a nosedive once it was bought by Disney. Sportscenter has become a long commercial for future programming and agenda driven "sports" features. I tried to dump it with my cable company and couldn't.

FYI, ESPN is the most expensive single entity with your cable bill. I believe their cost per bill is something like $9 per.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Only have ESPN bc of College football.

Regarding Bryant receiving "treatment" for weed, what a load of ****. If it was K2 than yeah alright but if it was just pure THC gtfo.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
ESPN is still a thing?

I remember growing up and never changing the channel from ESPN (except when American Gladiators was on) and had it set as my AOL homepage and now I forget it exists most days.

Boy am I old...

Blasphemy. American Gladiators was the pinnacle of sports television.

I gave up on ESPN when they ditched the NHL. The hockey coverage was lousy prior to that and became nonexistent afterwards.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Small thing, but watching Giants game so I have something to talk about with my boss and seeing lots of beckham jr. on consecutive catches over the middle saw him make brave catches in traffic just like Antonio brown would. beckham jr however got hit harder on those plays that I can ever remember brown getting hit. uncanny how good brown is at going over the middle and getting to ground without being crushed.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Mark Kaboly verified
Ryan Shazier and Dan McCullers won't play against Rams. Cortez is questionable.Gay, Wheaton, Heyward are probable.

Monster game for Shazier last week. Injured this week.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
**** our D is screwed. Oh well atleast Wheaton is playing, was a bit worried seeing his name on the injured list recently. Just win 45-42 I guess.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
ILB is one of our few deep spots defensively. Neither of the backups (Spence and Williams) are Shazier but both are solid fill in options.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
ILB is one of our few deep spots defensively. Neither of the backups (Spence and Williams) are Shazier but both are solid fill in options.

The other side of not being crazy about the Shazier pick was that I thought/think Williams is a starting caliber ILB in this league. Spence was a total wildcard at the time, but he's also proven to be damn good as a back-up.

ILB is easily our deepest position...but it still never helps to lose a guy who is looking like he's ready to be an All-Pro.

We're approaching 1,000 - I'll open up a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad