Confirmed with Link: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Riley Sheahan to a one-year 2.1M contract

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Most player dont get better after 26. Some do, most do not.
war-basic-chart.png
Wtf happens at age 39 that you randomly get better than at age 38? Haha

Reactions: Jacob

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kunitz was a first liner for most of his career pretty easily. Just because he sucked after 2014 doesn’t mean he wasn’t very good before.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Actually he got all 3 points against the Flyers. When he played with Kessel (which I would say is the coach trying to put him in a position to score) he got nothing. He played most of the Washington series with Kessel.

Nobody scored versus Washington other than line 1 or the PP. So I'm not sure why you'd focus on that for Sheahan. Heck, I think Malkin had zero goals at 5 on 5 that series as well.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Survivor bias.

By that, I mean it's less likely that players get better at 39 and more likely 38 is a glass ceiling for role players, but not for stars. F/e, Craig Adams finally washed out around his 38th birthday. Joe Sakic played until he was 40.

And in saying that, he put up 100 points at 37. He remained a PPG player throughout his entire career. I don't think Sid and Geno see a decline like people are anticipating when they hit 35. If anything, when they are 35 they really have no obligation to the players union anymore and they can take lesser deals to really make runs for it later in their careers.

Reactions: Peat

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Nobody scored versus Washington other than line 1 or the PP. So I'm not sure why you'd focus on that for Sheahan. Heck, I think Malkin had zero goals at 5 on 5 that series as well.

I was responding to the idea that Sheahan outplayed Brassard in these playoffs. He didn't.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yup, and Sheahan didn't do anything in an elevated role. Maybe that was a poor coaching decision by Sullivan.

He didn’t really have a choice since Brassard’s groin was shot. Then Malkin came back on one leg. We were neutered at C and the winger that could carry a line was injured too (Kessel)

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sheahan had some nice things to say about Sully.

Free agency update: Michael Grabner, Chris Kunitz the...

Playing for Mike Sullivan played a big role, he said.

“I loved it,” Sheahan said. “He’s great. He’s so fair, so honest. He’s not going to tell you things that you want to hear, and then do something different behind the bench. As a player, it’s all you can ask for, that honesty. He expects at lot but, at the same time, he’s so respectful about it. He loves the game and loves his plays, wants us to succeed. He’s been great for me and my career.”

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sheahan had some nice things to say about Sully.

Free agency update: Michael Grabner, Chris Kunitz the...

Playing for Mike Sullivan played a big role, he said.

“I loved it,” Sheahan said. “He’s great. He’s so fair, so honest. He’s not going to tell you things that you want to hear, and then do something different behind the bench. As a player, it’s all you can ask for, that honesty. He expects at lot but, at the same time, he’s so respectful about it. He loves the game and loves his plays, wants us to succeed. He’s been great for me and my career.”

Hunwick said he really liked Sully too as he was leaving.

Reactions: cheesedanish87

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He didn’t really have a choice since Brassard’s groin was shot. Then Malkin came back on one leg. We were neutered at C and the winger that could carry a line was injured too (Kessel)

Okay, but to the original point that doesn't mean Sheahan outplayed Brassard.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad