Confirmed with Link: The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Riley Sheahan to a one-year 2.1M contract

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Isn't it a bit pricey for a guy who likely will only produce around 15 to 20 points though? :sarcasm:

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
No, I didn't know you were going to use a weak ass insult.

He's 26yrs old, you think he's not going to evolve his game or anything anymore for some reason, yet most players do evolve their game as they get older, but some how, Riley Sheahan, in your opinion, is exempt from that.

But I guess anyone who disagrees with you just needs to "give up on life" right? :laugh:

Forgive those of us that aren't as high on him as you are. Clearly we've hit a nerve with you.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
But I guess anyone who disagrees with you just needs to "give up on life" right? :laugh:

Forgive those of us that aren't as high on him as you are. Clearly we've hit a nerve with you.

Give up on life because if at 26yrs old, you are done with your personal growth, then why the f*** bother right?

How many times have players around that age, continued to evolve their game and adjust with the NHL, the mere fact that you think this is what he is, is sort of a stupid argument in itself considering how many players have improved their game. Oh, then there's the fact that at 26, he actually did improve his game, kind of taking a fat shit on your entire notion that he is what he is when he's literally proven there's more to his game than this and he was just getting his confidence back after being on a shit Wings team for a few years.

But sure, you hit a nerve.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Give up on life because if at 26yrs old, you are done with your personal growth, then why the **** bother right?

Most 26 year olds aren't professional athletes.

How many times have players around that age, continued to evolve their game and adjust with the NHL, the mere fact that you think this is what he is, is sort of a stupid argument in itself considering how many players have improved their game. Oh, then there's the fact that at 26, he actually did improve his game, kind of taking a fat **** on your entire notion that he is what he is when he's literally proven there's more to his game than this and he was just getting his confidence back after being on a **** Wings team for a few years.

Sure his game went up from his last season in Detroit. It literally couldn't go in any other direction. That doesn't mean we have to believe he'll be this great 3C.

But sure, you hit a nerve.

Nothing to make me think otherwise.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Most 26 year olds aren't professional athletes.

Sure his game went up from his last season in Detroit. It literally couldn't go in any other direction. That doesn't mean we have to believe he'll be this great 3C.

Nothing to make me think otherwise.

No one said he'll be some great 3C, just that he'll be a good one and he's shown as much with weak line mates and even better ones. And I literally said you did hit a nerve with your comment, because it was stupid.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good signing

I’m still not convinced about his offensive abilities when he doesn’t have a great player carrying him. I guess we will see how he does in a full season playing 4C.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is fair for both sides.... if Sheahan repeats his second half production he gets a great payday... but his best chance at that is with the Pens

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Good deal for player and team. If he has a great year and prices himself out, good for him and Teddy can get some games this year.

Hopefully this gives JR some flexibility to do more than just blow the money on Jack Johnson

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Not a bad signing, more or less what I expected as a show me deal after he had his rebound. He proved me wrong in terms of that and our C depth is now set for the year. Will be interesting how him and Brassard shake out through this season into next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad