The Pittsbugher Thread: 5-4 And Ice Follies in the Netherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Tessitore and Booger are terrible. Tessitore thinks the show is about his narration. Booger just says stupid **** all night
I agree. It is truly painful to listen to MNF. Nothing personal at all. It is just a straight up clown show.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Between the excellent Coyotes/Capitals game going to a shootout. Unfortunately I missed out on the MNF until the 3rd quarter because of the Capitals game, but the 2nd half and overtime have been incredibly entertaining. What a surprisingly great night for sports games.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This game is going to be a tie. I can't see SF pushing the play here and possibly giving up a turnover to blow the game.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Exactly like THAT kind of risk that they shouldn't be attempting!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh there is TWO minutes left! I thought there was only 1. Yeah they have to keep playing for it. Now they are in trouble with 3rd down with 1:42 left.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This is how football SHOULD be played. No f***ing endless commercials and constant play stoppages. This is pure awesome.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I despise that style of last second time-out icing the kicker.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The takes on Rudolph are great (all over, not just referring to a few here). Cant wait til he eventually proves people wrong like Fitz did.

Not sure how some cant see the signs. Hes no Landry. No Dobbs. No Dixon. And the QBs we had before Ben. Too young to watch Bradshaw other than highlights but obviously Ben was the best we've had since. And alot of Steelers fans saw that right away. Even tho he didnt get the credit around the league. He always came thru when needed. But he did have an experienced Ward(not sure who made the comment that Ben made Ward....Hines was lighting it up well before Ben..was drafted like 6 years before that). He had Bettis running guys over and Parker with his elite speed. Burress year 1. ARE as well.

• Ben helped AB, Sanders, Wallace, etc eventually. ..but want a perfect exanple of him not having an experienced WR corps? And what Mason is dealing with this season? The SB loss to the Packers. We lost cuz Brown and Sanders were rookies, couldn't get open and did nothing. We traded Holmes that summer. Horrible decision. So look no further than that game. We win that with an experienced WR group. It was a banged up Packers secondary in 2nd half too

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There is zero legit reasons to put this on the QB... I don’t get why people are still blaming MR. He carried out his fake, turned around and had the best DL of this generation right in his grill.

Was he supposed develop super powers and throw him off?

If he throws the ball away, which he would need those super powers to even have pulled it off without fumbling, it’s IG and still a safety or gets picked off.

9:49 of the video

I count 3.5 secs from snap to sack

9:51 he has MacDonald (or Vannett) crossing and he can easily throw it into his feet OR he can side arm it into Samuels ass, as he hasn't turned around

If this is anywhere BUT the EZ, then yes I can acknowledge Rudolph has to eat this one

But again, this is the 2nd safety in a row. He's responsible for getting the football out so he doesn't give up points. There's no other way to slice it.

Was this an ideal situation he was put in? Nope, but to put it into hockey terms this is like getting a pass in your skates...you sometimes have to make the best of things quickly.
Rudolph didn't for the 2nd week in a row

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The expectation of perfection is a logical fallacy. Realistically, Rudolph had less than 2 seconds to make a throw once he turned his head around and began scanning the field. He was doomed by the playcall, and had no chance to do much of anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonel Mustard

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
pass-chart_RUD321216_2019-reg-10_1573534170818.jpeg

Pretty clear improvement is pass distribution. Hopefully this continues.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
9:49 of the video

I count 3.5 secs from snap to sack

9:51 he has MacDonald (or Vannett) crossing and he can easily throw it into his feet OR he can side arm it into Samuels ass, as he hasn't turned around

If this is anywhere BUT the EZ, then yes I can acknowledge Rudolph has to eat this one

But again, this is the 2nd safety in a row. He's responsible for getting the football out so he doesn't give up points. There's no other way to slice it.

Was this an ideal situation he was put in? Nope, but to put it into hockey terms this is like getting a pass in your skates...you sometimes have to make the best of things quickly.
Rudolph didn't for the 2nd week in a row

I can only assume you never played QB in a real game before after reading this “breakdown”.

He had to carry out his fake, which put his back to the field, when he turned around to set his feet and make his reads, he had slightly around one second, which was just about enough time to make the smartest play he could and protect the ball.

The ball was snapped at 12:46... at 12:44 he had Donald in his face.

So in your estimation, he was suppose to carry out a long fake with his back to the play, turn around and see his reads, get the ball off... all within just about 2.5 s from the snap?

Maybe if it said Christ on the back of his jersey, sure.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I can only assume you never played QB in a real game before after reading this “breakdown”.

He had to carry out his fake, which put his back to the field, when he turned around to set his feet and make his reads, he had slightly over one second.

So in your estimation, he was suppose to carry out a long fake with his back to the play, turn around and see his reads, get the ball off... all within just about 2.5 s from the snap?

Crosby can play quarterback?

After seeing him try batting practice a few years ago and hit a ball into the river maybe I shouldn't question it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And what that doesn't show is how many of those DOWNFIELD white dots were drops because I counted at least 5 clean drops by balls that should have been caught on easy to moderate level of difficulty.

Rudolph looked pretty good and accurate. Those drops were unacceptable. All of them were perfectly placed easy catches.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

He had to carry out his fake, which put his back to the field, when he turned around to set his feet and make his reads, he had slightly around one second, which was just about enough time to make the smartest play he could and protect the ball.

I didn't say the throw was going to be a good one, nor do I expect him to fully plant his feet to release the ball, but it HAS to come out. If they rule IG then whatever...you roll with it.

I think we'll just disagree on this and leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad