OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Great White North Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
It's amazing how much better this team is with Butler as the primary PG and Simmons playing a more point-forward type of position.
Against Toronto I think that tactic is more pronounced, because it decreases Leonard's brilliance on the defensive end since he's not harassing the primary initiator as much. A couple years ago coaches were just telling most of their players to stand in the corner if they were being guarded by him.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
The Sixers need to win game 4 to keep Toronto from getting any momentum, as I don't see them winning another game up there. They need to close it out in 6 games.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Butler is going to resign here, because you can see he loves his teammates and the fans.

He's so underrated b/c he's like a two way player in hockey, oh, he only scored 50 points, he's not a star because defense and PK doesn't count.
Butler does EVERYTHING, play backup PG, defense, rebound, and when needed scores, especially with the game on the line.

But there's only one basketball, a star who'll swallow his ego and do whatever is needed to win games is invaluable. Because he makes room for his teammates to shine, but steps up when needed.

You can see why they hated him in Minnesota, he's a winner and won't tolerate teammates that won't pay the price.

They should let Tobi & Bobi walk, re-sign Butler & Monroe. Get another 4 and sign a bench.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Jimmy Butler is my new fav Philly athlete. Has he complained at all since he's been here?
He blew up at Brett about something, and has shown derision on the bench about blown defensive assignments in losses. But most importantly, he hasn't complained about the fans, nor about his teammates in public.

Jimmy may be better than most of us thought based on his regular season performance. Playoff Jimmy is googles better.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Desean, Alshon, and Ertz were all at the game. The answer was as well. Pretty sick for them all to come out and watch that type of performance from the Sixers.

By the way, this is why the Sixers traded for Jimmy Butler. It might have taken some time on his part, and for BB to make some adjustments, but he is the FN man. This is not a knock at all on Ben Simmons but at this exact time I would consider him number 3 on the list after Butler with Jo obviously being number one. Just in terms of impact and importance to the team.

The Raptors are a good team though. This is FAR from over. I honestly think whomever wins game 4 will win the series.

Reactions: flyersphan20

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He blew up at Brett about something, and has shown derision on the bench about blown defensive assignments in losses. But most importantly, he hasn't complained about the fans, nor about his teammates in public.

Jimmy may be better than most of us thought based on his regular season performance. Playoff Jimmy is googles better.
You can just tell he is loving playing in this city with Embiid and Simmons. With the playoffs being here everything has gone to a whole new level and Jimmy has just become a completely different player for this team. The city and team is loving him right back as well and while at one point I thought he wouldn't be back, right now I'd be shocked if he isn't.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You can just tell he is loving playing in this city with Embiid and Simmons. With the playoffs being here everything has gone to a whole new level and Jimmy has just become a completely different player for this team. The city and team is loving him right back as well and while at one point I thought he wouldn't be back, right now I'd be shocked if he isn't.
Agreed. It'd have to take a real boneheaded move by Sixers mgmt to screw up contract negotiations. And that's accepting a world where Jimmy takes a smidge less than the max to improve the bench depth, because #reasons.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Agreed. It'd have to take a real boneheaded move by Sixers mgmt to screw up contract negotiations. And that's accepting a world where Jimmy takes a smidge less than the max to improve the bench depth, because #reasons.
Not sure if you heard but he held an easter egg hunt about a week ago for Sixers employees. Inside the eggs were all kind of prizes like 250 cash, tickets for winning a Tv, etc. He also had the event catered with ice cream and cookies. I think it's safe to say it has finally all come together. Butler realizes it would be good for his career to make this work, and he's also realizing that Embiid and Simmons actually work hard and care about winning unlike the young schmucks he used to play with. It's just been beautiful to watch in these playoffs, Butler is just an absolute alpha dog right now.

Reactions: Ruck Over

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
so

De angelo Russell, a RFA had his best yr in the NBA. This dude, decides to hide weed in an arizona ice tea can and trys to go through laguardia airport on his way to Kentucky for the derby.

He now faces suspension with nba and now might cause the Nets to not match any offer.

what's real dum, why not check the baggage in, as oppose to going through the TSA line. How dum can this guy be, does he realize the TSA can detect anything, they could even tell you what Dave's poop color will be.

You can't make this stuff up.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It has been precious to watch the Raptors last two games stand around and watch Leonard play hero ball. I hope they continue to play like a 1 man team. Credit our D for throwing the Raptors off their game. Leonard is a monster but he can't get them through a whole series on his own. Hope the Sixers can win the next game...then Toronto is cooked. If they don't probably gonna go down to 7 games....want to avoid at all costs.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm waiting for a game Kawhi doesn't perform like superman, he has to be due. Guy has a 69.4 TS% these playoffs lol

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am sure Lowry is gonna be floppin like a flip flop...

I think Siakam plays...gamesmanship...we did it with Embiid. But if he doesn't play..they have to put the boot on their necks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
so

De angelo Russell, a RFA had his best yr in the NBA. This dude, decides to hide weed in an arizona ice tea can and trys to go through laguardia airport on his way to Kentucky for the derby.

He now faces suspension with nba and now might cause the Nets to not match any offer.

what's real dum, why not check the baggage in, as oppose to going through the TSA line. How dum can this guy be, does he realize the TSA can detect anything, they could even tell you what Dave's poop color will be.

You can't make this stuff up.

Brooklyn isnt gonna care about weed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Get ready to be angry about the refs.

They paid attention to what Stern was preaching all those years.

If you would have told me Austin Rivers would be one of the swing players in the GS-Hou series so far, I definitely would not have believed you. Morey's strat of high variance players makes so damn much sense.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad