OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Great White North Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I’m not a basketball expert by any means, but it seems people are really over reacting to this loss in regards to embiid\simmonds. They are still young and lost on miracle bouncing buzzer beater in game 7 to one of the best players in the world. It’s not like they completely blew it.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I’m not a basketball expert by any means, but it seems people are really over reacting to this loss in regards to embiid\simmonds. They are still young and lost on miracle bouncing buzzer beater in game 7 to one of the best players in the world. It’s not like they completely blew it.

yeah but it's only one guy and we have 4 stars, you dont see anything wrong with that? the organization said these were win now moves, they werent expecting a second round exit, the expectation was getting to the finals. something has to change.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bolden is the answer next year, he was just too raw to trust in a playoff situation this year, but I can see him playing 20 minutes a night as both Embiid's backup and a stretch 4.
And I think as he gets stronger, Simmons can play center for a small lineup.

They'll have #24, 32, 34 or so, perfect for adding bench players.
If they resign Butler and Harris, they're gonna need a lot of lost cost bench players, so developing young players makes sense, and in 2-3 years if you're lucky, you hit paydirt.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
yeah but it's only one guy and we have 4 stars, you dont see anything wrong with that? the organization said these were win now moves, they werent expecting a second round exit, the expectation was getting to the finals. something has to change.

Uh Toronto won 58 games with Leonard only playing 60 games in the regular season.
Gasol was defensive player of the year a couple years ago.
Ibaka, Siakam, Lowry, Green, VanFleet, Powell.

Give the Sixers some credit, tough defense made a lot of Raptor players look worse than they are.

If they fire BB they're idiots, there simply wasn't time to integrate four of seven players into a cohesive playoff unit
(Butler, Harris, Scott, Ennis), and Brand failed to build a deep bench.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
My thoughts on Embiid/Simmons is that many fans are dumb.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You mean that after two full seasons of play, most NBA players are finished products?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Bolden does have the potential to provide what we're looking for from an Embiid backup. Scored efficiently with a .595 TS% that included 35% from 3 on 96 attempts. Had more assists than TOs. Showed potential as a rim protector (12th in Blks/possession, 52.8% rim defense) and he could move in space for pick and roll defense.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Bolden does have the potential to provide what we're looking for from an Embiid backup. Scored efficiently with a .595 TS% that included 35% from 3 on 96 attempts. Had more assists than TOs. Showed potential as a rim protector (12th in Blks/possession, 52.8% rim defense) and he could move in space for pick and roll defense.
I'm a bit concerned about Bolden's size, if he's big enough to bang with some other centers. But spot on, he's the guy that could be a diamond in the rough and really good bench player for this team, a better Richaun Holmes.

Reactions: sa cyred

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm a bit concerned about Bolden's size, if he's big enough to bang with some other centers. But spot on, he's the guy that could be a diamond in the rough and really good bench player for this team, a better Richaun Holmes.

I kind of like Bolden as a PF more than C, but he could certainly see time there. I don't know if I would commit to him as the backup C next season though. I think they still need to bring in a solid veteran to back up Embiid.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I kind of like Bolden as a PF more than C, but he could certainly see time there. I don't know if I would commit to him as the backup C next season though. I think they still need to bring in a solid veteran to back up Embiid.
Agreed.

That is where I am at, the PF spot. Maybe he adds the muscle and looks better but he got pushed over against big centers. You would see that when Bolden came in, they would post him up where he would shoved past. I think he fits the mold of the PF.

I think a big concern is the SG spot, especially with JJ maybe not coming back. I wouldnt mind him back but defensively he really is bad. Coming off the bench wouldnt be a bad option. I would love to groom a C but we are in "win now" mode, especially if we resign Butler and/or Harris.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Side note. We need a bench. Like... we really do. Hopefully Zhaire comes in and pushes for playing time. Backup PG would be nice also.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Listening to the radio I have to laugh about people that complain about Simmons not taking shots but in the same breath complain about Embiid taking too many 3s.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In that game, there were missed calls all night. And let's be honest, either team could have run away with that game if they actually were able to make open shots. There were so many rebound opportunities because neither team could make a shot for lots of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->