OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Great White North Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I can't say I'm optimistic yet, I just don't feel this is our year, and hope that Brand can keep the team together.
Problem is no one can guard quick guards, Butler is more suited to big guards/small forwards.
Smith would be the guy, but of course he's a Sixer, so his rookie year is wasted due to injuries. :thumbd:

Simmons is a work in progress, he's playing about as good on defense as you could expect for an inexperienced player against Leonard. But he can't handle tough defenses because he doesn't have a shot that anyone respects.

Embiid was a warrior, but he's also a work in progress, he just doesn't see the game unfold quickly enough to get rid of the ball, then reset for a pass - he holds it too long and gets forced into too many turnovers - and the offense stagnates when he's on the Court. This team is best when they're moving on offense, not waiting for Jo Jo to do his thing. He also needs to shoot about 10,000 3 pointers this summer - teams are giving him open 3s, hit 40+% and this offense becomes unstoppable.

They miss Scott, love Ennis' energy, hate his "clunkiness" on offense, don't expect him to score like this every game, he is a tough but stiff athlete (worse than Grant and not as explosive) but has enough experience to compensate for his limitations.

Monroe is a revelation, as he works himself into shape, how was he unemployed? Maybe he's not starting material, but can't see where he couldn't help a couple dozen teams off the bench. Bring him back next year.

Bolden may be the key player for the Sixers in the playoffs, because he's a true stretch PF who can hit the 3, protect the rim, rebound. He's too raw to stay out of foul trouble, but if he gives you 15-20 minutes a night he allows Harris to play SF and Butler the "2", giving Brown more options when he works in his bench players with his starters.

If they get past Toronto they have a shot b/c I don't think there's another team that is as tough defensively.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
The sixers stink. No one can guard anyone

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but their defense was great yesterday, minus some miscues in the 4th. There's nothing more that Simmons could have done against Kawhi - he was virtually unguardable last night.
Gotta give credit to Brown in switching up the defensive assignments - notably the switch between Joel & Tobi, which worked perfectly. Honestly, the only complaint that I had about the defense was the over-reliance on Redick/Butler attempting to help on Kawhi drives, leaving their man wide open for a kickout 3. If Toronto shot better, it would have been a killer.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but their defense was great yesterday, minus some miscues in the 4th. There's nothing more that Simmons could have done against Kawhi - he was virtually unguardable last night.
Gotta give credit to Brown in switching up the defensive assignments - notably the switch between Joel & Tobi, which worked perfectly. Honestly, the only complaint that I had about the defense was the over-reliance on Redick/Butler attempting to help on Kawhi drives, leaving their man wide open for a kickout 3. If Toronto shot better, it would have been a killer.
If you're not sure it's sarcasm, it's probably sarcasm

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Of course, if the Sixers stopped turning the ball over and hit their open threes in the first half, it's a 30 point lead at half-time.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
So I did hear that Butler bought a large place in the area just to the NW of Philly. I wonder if that means anything, we'll see

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Knocking on wood here...

I really like how zen is has contributed off the bench. With Monroe playing well, our depth is finally doing something.

Reactions: BigToe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->