OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Great White North Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Kawhi looked like the best ball player in the world during this series, but i understand i don't know much about basketball

Leonard was virtually unstoppable this series. When Toronto made that move I didn't think much of it. I know Toronto got the best player in the deal and all, but I didn't think he'd make that much of a difference for them. I was wrong.

I'd argue now he's a top 3 player in the league.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
So much emotion after the game, not sure where that was during the game.

What was that stat they brought up on TNT? Raptors had something like 20-30 shots more than the Sixers in game 7? This game shouldnt have been close. They couldnt rebound to save their lives.

To those saying Brown should stay...i'd agree based on the fact that there isnt much out there but this guy was beaten by a one man show when he had a star laden starting 5. You figure he would let the rest of the guys try to beat them and double up on Kawhi but nope.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
So much emotion after the game, not sure where that was during the game.

What was that stat they brought up on TNT? Raptors had something like 20-30 shots more than the Sixers in game 7? This game shouldnt have been close. They couldnt rebound to save their lives.

To those saying Brown should stay...i'd agree based on the fact that there isnt much out there but this guy was beaten by a one man show when he had a star laden starting 5. You figure he would let the rest of the guys try to beat them and double up on Kawhi but nope.

especially after getting outcoached by a first year coach on the raptors in nick nurse, sure you give credit to kawhi but the reason why brett should go is because of his structure, it's not working, not to mention the fact alot of young players are struggling under him that's the reason why brand gave him vets because he cant develop young players, that's the big thing with pop and steve kerr is that he can develop young players, that's why they are dynasty coaches. you arent going to win a championship if you cant develop young players.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Just a general statement- if you (again, no one here) think Embiid is just here to clown around, watch him cry after last game. Listen to the pre game 7 presser where he said "if I have to he out there for 48 minutes so be it"

This team is already a powerhouse. It sucks watching them (mainly Ben and Embiid) not quite get it down for 2 seasons in a row. They'll be back, and they'll be there. I don't think it's gonna be much of an issue re-signing Butler, because this team f***ing cares.

I'm on the fence about Brown. I'm not picketing either way. On one hand he did a great job incorporating Butler and Tobi in such a short time but on the other hand....the end game offense leaves a whole lot to be desired for 2-3 seasons now. I could be convinced either way to keep or cut him based on those 2 points.

Seriously a tough one to see. f*** those bounces. f*** Kawhi's horseshoe up his ass

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Dumb question, but why didnt out Boban in to guard the in bound pass? Put his goofy 7+ foot ass on the guy and make it a bit harder to get that ball in

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Just a general statement- if you (again, no one here) think Embiid is just here to clown around, watch him cry after last game. Listen to the pre game 7 presser where he said "if I have to he out there for 48 minutes so be it"

This team is already a powerhouse. It sucks watching them (mainly Ben and Embiid) not quite get it down for 2 seasons in a row. They'll be back, and they'll be there. I don't think it's gonna be much of an issue re-signing Butler, because this team ****ing cares.

I'm on the fence about Brown. I'm not picketing either way. On one hand he did a great job incorporating Butler and Tobi in such a short time but on the other hand....the end game offense leaves a whole lot to be desired for 2-3 seasons now. I could be convinced either way to keep or cut him based on those 2 points.

Seriously a tough one to see. **** those bounces. **** Kawhi's horseshoe up his ass

Embiid needs to be in better shape. You can cry all you want, you can give it your all but if you don't take care of yourself off the court, especially when injury prone, then he won't have a very long career.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Dumb question, but why didnt out Boban in to guard the in bound pass? Put his goofy 7+ foot ass on the guy and make it a bit harder to get that ball in
Meh..not a bad idea..they did it to Lowry I think...but Boban to me is just useless. Don't want him back. Can't freakin clutch a ball on a rebound. Any bench player that is a minus liability when they play limited minutes against legit competition should not come back.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Meh..not a bad idea..they did it to Lowry I think...but Boban to me is just useless. Don't want him back. Can't freakin clutch a ball on a rebound. Any bench player that is a minus liability when they play limited minutes against legit competition should not come back.
Yeah, I remember them doing it at some other point in the series. I mean there were 4 seconds left. Wasn't like his useless ass was going to be stuck out there for 3 minutes or they'd have to burn a timeout to get him out. He would have been in for one play. He's so useless he probably would have stepped over the line and gotten a technical anyway

Reactions: Carter Hart

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
4 seconds is an eternity in a side out of bounds situation. He would have had to have run with the inbounder (often times the most dangerous guy). He can’t do that.

The other night when he did it it there was only a second left. Much different.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
4 seconds is an eternity in a side out of bounds situation. He would have had to have run with the inbounder (often times the most dangerous guy). He can’t do that.

The other night when he did it it there was only a second left. Much different.
The entire world knew Kawhi was getting the ball at some point and taking the shot.

But I get what you're saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad