The Peter DeBoer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 8m

Brodeur said he "tried" to let Volchenkov score on him, "but he didn't take it."

LOL Volch cant even score when Marty lets him

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
if you dont think Fayne is much better than Volch or Harrold than I dont know what to tell you.

I haven't seen anything from Fayne that makes me think he's much of an upgrade from Harrold. Fayne might be slightly better defensively (and that's debatable), but Harrold is an offensive upgrade from Fayne. Toss up between those two.

I agree that Fayne is better than Volchenkov, but the difference isn't all that significant. If you remove price tag and age and simply evaluate the players based on their on-ice play, Fayne is slightly better but they're not separated by much.

I know that's not a popular opinion on this board, but I don't see the reliable defenseman in Fayne that everyone else does.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I haven't seen anything from Fayne that makes me think he's much of an upgrade from Harrold. Fayne might be slightly better defensively (and that's debatable), but Harrold is an offensive upgrade from Fayne. Toss up between those two.

I agree that Fayne is better than Volchenkov, but the difference isn't all that significant. If you remove price tag and age and simply evaluate the players based on their on-ice play, Fayne is slightly better but they're not separated by much.

I know that's not a popular opinion on this board, but I don't see the reliable defenseman in Fayne that everyone else does.

Go back and watch the 2012 playoffs if you don't think Fayne is reliable.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Harrold is absolutely horrible defensively. Whatever...Fayne played 82 games plus the playoffs with a broken wrist in 2012 and he was consistent throughout.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
During some down time today, I finally thought of who could right the Devils ship when/should Petey D. gets the enviable hook from the Devils Coaching Position.

He won't be the favorite amongst everyone here, nor myself for that matter. However, he will get the most out of everyone on this roster. Moreover, he wants a Stanley Cup to his resume.

That man would be Pat Quinn. :yo:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I could also go back to the 2012 playoffs and see Stephen Gionta as an offensive dynamo.

3-4-7 in 24 games. And for those who care about advanced stats, by far the worst on the team that postseason. Let's *please* not extend this narrative about Gionta.

Pete has an irrational love affair with him to this day over that playoff run.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
again, if you don't think Fayne is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from 10 and 28, then I don't really have anything else to say

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
During some down time today, I finally thought of who could right the Devils ship when/should Petey D. gets the enviable hook from the Devils Coaching Position.

He won't be the favorite amongst everyone here, nor myself for that matter. However, he will get the most out of everyone on this roster. Moreover, he wants a Stanley Cup to his resume.

Still waiting for a single comment about the real culprit of this debacle of a roster.
Not a thread. That won't happen here. No one is winning with this roster.
Feel free to start a thread for objective conversation about this team and org.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Still waiting for a single comment about the real culprit of this debacle of a roster.

please tell me what you wanted Lou to do.

Clarkson was never coming back. Parise was never coming back. 17 quit.

he signed Brunner, Ryder, Clowe, and Jagr. Not perfect, but not bad either.

PLEASE post your thoughts on what Lou should've done and stop saying that the roster sucks. what would you have done differently then?

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County

We know it all starts with Lou & his decision-making.

I feel when Marty packs it in, so does Lou.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
please tell me what you wanted Lou to do.

Clarkson was never coming back. Parise was never coming back. 17 quit.

he signed Brunner, Ryder, Clowe, and Jagr. Not perfect, but not bad either.

PLEASE post your thoughts on what Lou should've done and stop saying that the roster sucks. what would you have done differently then?

Just check all my comments from before. I word have gutted the scouting department and rebuilt through the draft. Word have gave up pick #29 and kept #9 this year. Would not have signed one of the players he signed this off season. They need to clean house.the cupboard is bare. The best is Schneider. Only two years on the deal. If he's not signed by next summer heat walking. Plus still waiting for Marty to say he's done. Just a complete mess.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Not a mess. Don't see how the cupboard is bare because it is actually the opposite of bare.

Considering the roster, I thought it would be hard to lose with the depth it has, regardless of chemistry. I now see the importance of chemistry and a coach with his head on his shoulders and not between his cheeks.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Just check all my comments from before. I word have gutted the scouting department and rebuilt through the draft. Word have gave up pick #29 and kept #9 this year. Would not have signed one of the players he signed this off season. They need to clean house.the cupboard is bare. The best is Schneider. Only two years on the deal. If he's not signed by next summer heat walking. Plus still waiting for Marty to say he's done. Just a complete mess.

LOL. You wouldn't have signed Ryder, Brunner, Jagr, and Clowe? How exactly were we supposed to ice a team this year then? Just let Clarkson and Kovalchuk walk and not doing anything to help offset the losses. Yea, that would make a lot of sense.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
again, if you don't think Fayne is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from 10 and 28, then I don't really have anything else to say

I think he is but that aint sayin a whole lot. he's a run of the mill #4-6 defenseman.

I can't wait until our d prospects are no longer prospects. schneider+ the new wave of d will be the revival of the franchise.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

I'd rather throw myself off a bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad