OT: The Pet Thread

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
This is Stepan. Rescued him shortly after Hurricane Sandy. We call him Steps for short. Loves my boat. Gets pissed if I don't take him.

Steps.jpg

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
This is Windsor, an almost six-year old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix.

windsorheadshot_orig.jpg

When I adopted her, she was quite smol--the runt of her litter (5 pounds).

baby13_orig.jpg

She...got bigger. Quickly (one year side by side).

adoptiversary1_orig.jpg

She was born on Christmas day, so she gets rather festive during the holidays.

dsc00093_orig.jpg

She LOVES the snow. I have not yet informed her that she is...unlikely to see much of it since we moved to Arkansas.

snowdoge1_orig.jpg

She is a bit theatrical. Her name is from Shakespeare's play, The Merry Wives of Windsor. I was in a production of that show when I adopted her, and didn't think I had enough time to get her home and settled before I had to be at the theater. I called the director, told her I adopted a 5-pound floof, and the director was thrilled to have me bring her to the show. The woman who played my wife in the show thought the puppy was a better prop than her handbag and--without asking the director--she walked out for Act 1 Scene 1 with this tiny puppy sleeping on her arm. The whole cast joked that the puppy was the "Merry Woof of Windsor," and the name stuck. She was also a "soldier" in chain mail in a production of 2 Henry 4 later that year.

img-1862_orig.jpg
dsc01659_orig.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is Windsor, an almost six-year old German Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix.

windsorheadshot_orig.jpg

When I adopted her, she was quite smol--the runt of her litter (5 pounds).

baby13_orig.jpg

She...got bigger. Quickly (one year side by side).

adoptiversary1_orig.jpg

She was born on Christmas day, so she gets rather festive during the holidays.

dsc00093_orig.jpg

She LOVES the snow. I have not yet informed her that she is...unlikely to see much of it since we moved to Arkansas.

snowdoge1_orig.jpg

She is a bit theatrical. Her name is from Shakespeare's play, The Merry Wives of Windsor. I was in a production of that show when I adopted her, and didn't think I had enough time to get her home and settled before I had to be at the theater. I called the director, told her I adopted a 5-pound floof, and the director was thrilled to have me bring her to the show. The woman who played my wife in the show thought the puppy was a better prop than her handbag and--without asking the director--she walked out for Act 1 Scene 1 with this tiny puppy sleeping on her arm. The whole cast joked that the puppy was the "Merry Woof of Windsor," and the name stuck. She was also a "soldier" in chain mail in a production of 2 Henry 4 later that year.

img-1862_orig.jpg
dsc01659_orig.jpg

Looks like you have an interesting library too.

Reactions: smoneil

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
View media item 8142View media item 8141View media item 8140Our Beagles.....Hank and Snoop. You can guess who Hank was named for....
I’ve always wanted a beagle, my parents don’t like small dogs and we have a pretty big yard so may as well take advantage and have big dogs. But once I’m living on my own the first dog I’ll get is probably a Beagle. Cant wait to give Ranger themed names too :laugh: Hank is an obvs choice, I like the name simply ‘Ranger’ too. Buch might be a good dog name as well

Reactions: Mandar

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I’ve always wanted a beagle, my parents don’t like small dogs and we have a pretty big yard so may as well take advantage and have big dogs. But once I’m living on my own the first dog I’ll get is probably a Beagle. Cant wait to give Ranger themed names too :laugh: Hank is an obvs choice, I like the name simply ‘Ranger’ too. Buch might be a good dog name as well
They are great dogs....lots of fun. Very strong and vocal....ours are 35-40 pounds, so not that small. You will love them!

We had Golden Retrievers for our kids growing up....the best dogs for kids to grow up with.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad