OT: The Pet Thread

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fricking expensive one, haha. I had more than 50 small boxes of just books when I moved from Rochester to Arkansas. Probably doubled the cost of the move. Dangers of being an English prof.

Not sure how many books I have--I would guess around 3000 but it might be more. A lot of them are signed as well. Today's purchase was Colum McCann's new one. This is why I don't own boats or snowmobiles and when I buy cars they end up becoming teenagers. My other thing is guitars and I use to buy a lot of hockey equipment but since I gave that up it just goes back into books and guitars....oh yeah and beer.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
So many cute pets in here.

IMG-1711

Unfortunately, I had to put down my 16 year old Maltese (in the middle) on Wednesday night. Heart-breaking. In fact, all three of my elderly dogs passed away in the past 3 years. The one on the left was Galvin. The one on the right, Ming, lived to 17. He passed away on draft day a couple of years ago and I had to cancel my trip to Dallas. Like Lord Alfred Tennyson wrote: "Tis better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all". Dogs are the best.

I still have this cutie: Bailey. He's going to be 2 next month. The first night I got him we upset the Bruins. We were pretty bad at the time and I told him not to get used to too many of these wins.

IMG-1033

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Not sure how many books I have--I would guess around 3000 but it might be more. A lot of them are signed as well. Today's purchase was Colum McCann's new one. This is why I don't own boats or snowmobiles and when I buy cars they end up becoming teenagers. My other thing is guitars and I use to buy a lot of hockey equipment but since I gave that up it just goes back into books and guitars....oh yeah and beer.

I swapped out beer for wine for health reasons (the wallet is less healthy as a result, however). Academic books can get pricy. My car is also a teen, haha. My spending cash goes to books, barrister bookcases (I am a total addict. I have four of them), and artwork (I'm cultivating two main collections--one of original theatrical costume design art and another of original comic book art). On the book front, the vast majority of my books are academic books (a lot of titles on Fools, film, Education, all as it pertains to 15th/16th/17th century England). I have a mishmash of "fun reading" books as well. My go to authors are Tim O'Brien and Timothy Zahn. Very different writers, but I've yet to read a bad book by either.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I swapped out beer for wine for health reasons (the wallet is less healthy as a result, however). Academic books can get pricy. My car is also a teen, haha. My spending cash goes to books, barrister bookcases (I am a total addict. I have four of them), and artwork (I'm cultivating two main collections--one of original theatrical costume design art and another of original comic book art). On the book front, the vast majority of my books are academic books (a lot of titles on Fools, film, Education, all as it pertains to 15th/16th/17th century England). I have a mishmash of "fun reading" books as well. My go to authors are Tim O'Brien and Timothy Zahn. Very different writers, but I've yet to read a bad book by either.

I've read a bunch of O'Brien.....I'll have to check out Zahn.

keith hernandez

Jan 13, 2011
Potown
IMG_20181002_023550.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad