OT: The Pet Thread

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Got furries? Share them here!

This little chicken shit is Yoshi. He’s a year and a half old Green Cheek Conure who thoroughly enjoys doing everything I don’t want him doing.

9340B046-8524-4F0F-AB2E-3E85B8F5D3C8.png

My last GCC lived 24 years. They can live up to 30 with proper care and diet, however, most perish after about 10 years due to owner neglect.

GCC’s are incredibly affectionate birds, but they can be nippers. He goes into attack mode when my friends try and handle him. They usually need a ton of toys to keep them entertained, toys which they intentionally break just to annoy you.

8F82DB9D-FDD9-4668-8A03-2FA55A23F475.png

This little chicken shit will want whatever Is in your hand. Like your phone, controller, drink, and especially food.

BBB75D57-65B6-4E31-8692-8A0744DC71E3.png

He recently started going behind my television and made some crazy noises. Weird noises lol. I took a look back there one day and my heart dropped because the little asshole started chewing through the power cord on my TV.

01052BE1-E616-4E46-9A8D-178B2B9CD020.jpeg

I ended up placing boxes and obstacles on and around my TV so he doesn’t try and go back there. He still tries though. Persistence little f***er.

6E6289CC-4DE0-454F-94C2-99DB8A5CDB80.png

When he’s not being a destructive little devil, he likes to cozy up on my shoulder and preens my beard, ears, eyebrows and hair.

He also like to shit every 10 minutes, so yeah, I always have one of his shit rags nearby.

75E87406-B3A9-49DF-98CF-CE2E41957E1F.png

So that’s my little buddy. Bless his soul. Satan himself spawned this little terror, but he’s a huge part of my life and is a great companion.

On a side note, my loving Ex-Wife never allowed me to get a bird. She thought they were lame. Who’s the loser now, bitch?!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Reminds me of the Senegal my mom had. That thing was a bastard too.
A lot of parrots only see 1 person as their master/mate/companion and can be downright evil to other members of the house. My old GCC loved my father, brother and myself.. But he hated my sister for some reason. It was kinda funny.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Got furries? Share them here!

This little chicken shit is Yoshi. He’s a year and a half old Green Cheek Conure who thoroughly enjoys doing everything I don’t want him doing.

View attachment 371725

My last GCC lived 24 years. They can live up to 30 with proper care and diet, however, most perish after about 10 years due to owner neglect.

GCC’s are incredibly affectionate birds, but they can be nippers. He goes into attack mode when my friends try and handle him. They usually need a ton of toys to keep them entertained, toys which they intentionally break just to annoy you.

View attachment 371729

This little chicken shit will want whatever Is in your hand. Like your phone, controller, drink, and especially food.

View attachment 371730

He recently started going behind my television and made some crazy noises. Weird noises lol. I took a look back there one day and my heart dropped because the little asshole started chewing through the power cord on my TV.

View attachment 371731

I ended up placing boxes and obstacles on and around my TV so he doesn’t try and go back there. He still tries though. Persistence little f***er.

View attachment 371732

When he’s not being a destructive little devil, he likes to cozy up on my shoulder and preens my beard, ears, eyebrows and hair.

He also like to shit every 10 minutes, so yeah, I always have one of his shit rags nearby.

View attachment 371735

So that’s my little buddy. Bless his soul. Satan himself spawned this little terror, but he’s a huge part of my life and is a great companion.

On a side note, my loving Ex-Wife never allowed me to get a bird. She thought they were lame. Who’s the loser now, bitch?!

Dude Yoshi is awesome!!! No one realizes how amazing birds are until you've owned one.
I have an african grey. 23 years old! She whistles the potvin sucks song when she feels like. No joke!

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Dude Yoshi is awesome!!! No one realizes how amazing birds are until you've owned one.
I have an african grey. 23 years old! She whistles the potvin sucks song when she feels like. No joke!

My good buddy had a Grey. His little cousin(s) took her outside when he was at work one day and she flew away, never to be seen again. :(

She used to hum a few Final Fantasy XI soundtracks. Like, very accurately.

GCC’s aren’t very vocal. Especially in comparison to Grey’s. But they can learn a few phrases — poorly lol.

The nice thing with many birds is their longevity. Greys can live like, 50+ years. The sad thing with cats and dogs is they usually make it till 10-15, then.. Memories.

I’ve experienced that and it’s heartbreaking.

If Yoshi lives to his potential, I’ll have him till I’m 70. Aside for their absolute affection and craziness, they stay a part of your life for a very long time.

Share some pics of your Grey man!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad