Player Discussion The Perfection Line

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Again... how did that work out for us last playoffs, Toronto won 2 of 3 and the Blues 3 of 4, which pretty much was why we lost the cup.

What does the outcome have to do with whether or not Bergy & Co. always face the #1 lines? Is there some rule where if they don't capitalize against another teams non-#1 line than it doesn't count?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It didn't help matters that both Pasta and Marchand were playing with busted hands. I think 90 percent of players are hurt in the playoffs and are dealing with something, but when the skilled guys are playing with hand injuries, their games are going to be off. I think Marchand fought thru it better than Pasta, who couldn't receive a pass without fumbling it for the entire playoffs.

Reactions: RI.B FAN and LSCII

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Uh huh, if you say so...:laugh:

Don't like the perfection line. Check

Wrong, I don't like the name "perfection line". I actually think its one of the most dangerous lines in hockey when they are on their game.

Don't think they played perfectly in the playoffs. Check

Actually never said the playoffs. I said the SCF. But hey details are not important right.

Holding them to that standard even though you said you didn't agree with it. Check

Actually I didn't hold them to any standard. Other people want to call them the perfection line, so its their own standard is it not?

Pointing out Krejci's production being similar to Bergeron's. Check

Completely different discussion that was only brought up because Krejci's lack of production was brought up using skewed numbers. 100% I wish we got more out of the Krejci line last year.

Dismissing a counter point to your assertion that they were nearly statistically identical. Check

You mean the inaccurate counter point that Bergeron always plays against the best. Of course I dismiss it because its not true lol.

Admitting this was just a ruse to get to your point that DK should be with Marchand and Pasta? You: Who me? I never said that. Why would you say that I have an agenda??

I've actually never said this, nor do I think he should be.

See this is where I laugh. You say I have an agenda, but I don't. All you've done is take me not liking the name "the perfection line" added in adjusting Krejci's stats because they were cherry picked to make him look worse and somehow came to the conclusion that I want DK between 63 and 88.

You honestly haven't a clue what I think and you're breakdown of "my agenda" shows it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Wrong, I don't like the name "perfection line". I actually think its one of the most dangerous lines in hockey when they are on their game.

Actually never said the playoffs. I said the SCF. But hey details are not important right.

Actually I didn't hold them to any standard. Other people want to call them the perfection line, so its their own standard is it not?

Completely different discussion that was only brought up because Krejci's lack of production was brought up using skewed numbers. 100% I wish we got more out of the Krejci line last year.

You mean the inaccurate counter point that Bergeron always plays against the best. Of course I dismiss it because its not true lol.

I've actually never said this, nor do I think he should be.

See this is where I laugh. You say I have an agenda, but I don't. All you've done is take me not liking the name "the perfection line" added in adjusting Krejci's stats because they were cherry picked to make him look worse and somehow came to the conclusion that I want DK between 63 and 88.

You honestly haven't a clue what I think and you're breakdown of "my agenda" shows it.

Clearly I struck a nerve. Must mean I'm spot on with what I'm saying you're driving at but won't actually state. :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Thought it was interesting that you stopped prior to the season where Krejci led the team in playoff points :sarcasm:

Just to include it though....

Bergeron - 75 GP / 61Pts / 0.81 Pgp
Krejci - 73 GP / 56Pts / 0.76 Pgp

Not a very big gap considering Bergeron has had better talent around him. BTW Krejci had one less point in the post-season last year compared to Bergeron.

I thought six years ago was a little far to go back in regards to that...He hasn't scored a goal in his last 14 SC finals games and only has 2 total in 20 gp.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Clearly I struck a nerve. Must mean I'm spot on with what I'm saying you're driving at but won't actually state. :laugh:

Hit a nerve? lol no, not even close. I will say though, this is the response I expected to get. No real rebuttal to anything I said, but you're committed to the agenda angle now and must keep pressing forward with it.

I've got to run to a meeting and then I'm done for the day. If there is anything new you want to add to my agenda just PM me! You seem to keep better track of it then I do :laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I thought six years ago was a little far to go back in regards to that...He hasn't scored a goal in his last 14 SC finals games and only has 2 total in 20 gp.

So 6 years is too long, but 4 years is just right? I'm more of a fan of 3 years, but to each their own I guess. You have to admit that its suspect that you ended your numbers the year before his best post-season of his career.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hit a nerve? lol no, not even close. I will say though, this is the response I expected to get. No real rebuttal to anything I said, but you're committed to the agenda angle now and must keep pressing forward with it.

I've got to run to a meeting and then I'm done for the day. If there is anything new you want to add to my agenda just PM me! You seem to keep better track of it then I do :laugh:

Don't need to add anything new. Seems pretty straight forward enough. You compare PB and DK's production and say it's nearly the same. You then say that DK has played with lesser players the entire time (which is an entire argument unto itself). When someone points out that PB has also drawn the top players to play against, you dismiss that as well.

So uh, yeah. What conclusion are we supposed to draw from that? You won't say it, but it's pretty obvious what you're actually getting at, no? If you didn't mean to infer this, then why the arbitrary comparison of Bergery and Krejci, since nobody was talking about that? You were talking about the top line being shut down, and when myself and others pointed out that secondary scoring is key in the playoffs, you threw out a Bergeron vs Krejci comp and bristled when questioned on it.

Again, it seems pretty obvious what you're getting at, despite the constant denials. But hey, have fun at that meeting...:laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Don't need to add anything new. Seems pretty straight forward enough. You compare PB and DK's production and say it's nearly the same. You then say that DK has played with lesser players the entire time (which is an entire argument unto itself).

You realize that I wasn't the one to bring up DK right? It was actually Lou who mentioned Krejci and I just decided to have a discussion about it, while at the same time talking about why I don't like the name "The Perfection Line"

When someone points out that PB has also drawn the top players to play against, you dismiss that as well.

I didn't dismiss it. I dismissed the notion that "at the end of the day you'll get first line vs first line" because it not true lol. Sometimes they get the #1 line, but sometimes they get more favorable match-ups due to last change or icings.

So uh, yeah. What conclusion are we supposed to draw from that? You won't say it, but it's pretty obvious what you're actually getting at, no? If you didn't mean to infer this, then why the arbitrary comparison of Bergery and Krejci, since nobody was talking about that?

Post #51 was the first mention of Krejci and my post that you pointed out was #62. Now I'm not the best at math, but I'm pretty sure #51 comes before #62 and therefore somebody else brought up David Krejci. Funny enough you liked the post, so you know that it was before mine, but you still want to make it sound like I brought up Krejci HAHA.

You were talking about the top line being shut down, and when myself and others pointed out that secondary scoring is key in the playoffs, you threw out a Bergeron vs Krejci comp and bristled when questioned on it.

This is just 100% wrong lol. My post had nothing to do with the top line being shut down. It was a counter to the notion that "Krejci needs to take pressure a lot more pressure off." I was just showing that when you don't cut-off the data the year before Krejci's best post season, he's actually played pretty well from a production standpoint.

Again, it seems pretty obvious what you're getting at, despite the constant denials. But hey, have fun at that meeting...:laugh:

I don't get the have fun at that meeting with a laughing emoji comment.

You say its "obvious" what I'm getting at, but your thoughts on "my agenda" are not even close lol. I've also said previously (Post #78) that I don't feel like Krejci should be between 63/88 nor have I said he should be....funny you have seemed to ignore that part, but kept hammering that it is my agenda :huh:.

As much as I wish I could say "I can't wait to see what you make up next," its game day and I have no need or intention of coming back into this thread lol.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
What does the outcome have to do with whether or not Bergy & Co. always face the #1 lines? Is there some rule where if they don't capitalize against another teams non-#1 line than it doesn't count?
Listen, it doesn't matter what the point is, you just keep ignoring it. Then you move the goal post. Then you go on and do the "Answer with a question " thing. o_O yeah no habla español.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Listen, it doesn't matter what the point is, you just keep ignoring it. Then you move the goal post. Then you go on and do the "Answer with a question " thing. o_O yeah no habla español.

His first claim was that he didn't think the perfection line was perfect (which is a comment about their play, no?). I then brought up that to win in the playoffs you need secondary scoring, and Lou brought up DK. He then came back with simply not liking the name for that line (despite the earlier comment about their play), but also said in another post that DK played with lesser players than Bergeron. So what else are we supposed to draw from these inferences?

This is the semantics game he's playing. He makes silly inferences and when you counter it (since he's actually saying it), he backs off and says he didn't say that. It's so annoying. :laugh:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I think the days are long gone regarding the debate about who is better between Bergeron or Krejci. There is no point in that conversation.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
His first claim was that he didn't think the perfection line was perfect (which is a comment about their play, no?). I then brought up that to win in the playoffs you need secondary scoring, and Lou brought up DK. He then came back with simply not liking the name for that line (despite the earlier comment about their play), but also said in another post that DK played with lesser players than Bergeron. So what else are we supposed to draw from these inferences?

This is the semantics game he's playing. He makes silly inferences and when you counter it (since he's actually saying it), he backs off and says he didn't say that. It's so annoying. :laugh:
Reminds me of my neighbor's dog chasing his tail.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Obviously the puck is going in for these guys right now and they wont be able to keep up this amazing pace .

The funny thing though is Bergy is nowhere near the top of his offensive game . His shooting isnt as sharp as usual and he is a quarter step behind his usual speed . I know he is the least offensive talented guy of the three but it is quite amazing how good they are doing .

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I'm not sure if "The Perfection Line" is the cleverest possible name for them, but they definitely HAVE to have a line nametag. They are too great not to.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I hate the name so much, I still don't understand why it stuck. I know Jim Hughson just kept saying it over and over again during Bruins games on CBC, so I guess that's why. It's not clever in any way or even phonetically pleasing at all. Bergeron is one member of the line and people don't really call him Perfect Patrice much at all anyways.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I despise it. Sadly, several members of the media keep insisting on pushing it.

I like it. I think it was actually Dan (DKH) whom coined it in a thread started here quite awhile ago. I had other names in mind that I was spouting but all in all knew this line needed an actual name beyond 'Bergeron's line' as I miss line names so am glad something stuck.

It's a nod to 'The Production Line' of Howe, Lindsay and Sid Abel so it's kinda nice it reflects the games history and doesn't try too hard to be cute, while using 'Perfect Patrice'.

And it's lived up to it's name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad