Player Discussion The Perfection Line

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
even though theres a lot of main stream press saying "these guys are in the conversation for best line" I still think marchand/Bergeron/pastrnak are not getting their due credit. I feel like I could find a reason to come on here and brag about 1 or all 3 of these guys pretty much every night. so, hopefully no one will get too upset if I create a player discussion for the entire line

to get things started let me share a stat

I like looking at a players last 82 games and see how they have been for the 'past year.' due to some injuries and suspensions Bergeron/marchand haven't played a full 82 games this year and last so I have to go back to 2017 for some of this but here they are the last 82 'full regular season' games...

brad marchand 38 goals-63 assists and 101 points {not too shabby}
Patrice Bergeron 40 goals-45 assists and 85 points {anyone surprised he is a 40 goal man?}
david pastrnak 40 goals-45 assists and 85 points {the kid has arrived as a bonafide mega star}

118 goals between these guys in their last 82 games... that's crazy good. if this line doesn't deserve its own thread for us to come here and pay proper madd respect I don't know who does.

I will throw out a contest too... this line needs a nickname. does it have one now? honestly... I haven't heard it. I am embarrassed to try to create one myself, but id be interested if some of you creative people threw out a suggestion or two and we could see if we could make it stick

lets try to get these guys into the conversation for all star team recognition this year and even possibly the hart trophy. if Bergeron stays healthy and doesn't win the selke again it will be disgusting. the rest of the world hates us people... if we don't pump the tires for our heros no one else will. lets celebrate the best damn line we've had here in boston since the days of Esposito/hodge/Cashman.

its a damn good time to be a bruin fan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I had that name 2 years ago here and my buds have been calling it for a couple of years

Because I knew that he famed Red Wings line of Lindsay-Abel-Howe was called the Production Line and Bergeron is perfect I came up with my that The Perfection Line

Ironically st the time theee was zero support even though I thought it was brilliant

Glad to see it though because it’s applicable

Reactions: b in vancouver

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I had that name 2 years ago here and my buds have been calling it for a couple of years

Because I knew that he famed Red Wings line of Lindsay-Abel-Howe was called the Production Line and Bergeron is perfect I came up with my that The Perfection Line

Ironically st the time theee was zero support even though I thought it was brilliant

Glad to see it though because it’s applicable

If that was you Dan, kudos! It's a great name for that line. I've been clamouring for a proper name for that line and it fits 'perfectly'. - especially with the echoes ...

I should hunt through my posts because I remember starting a thread asking people to come up with a name for it. Wonder if it was in there. As I miss decent line names. I remember one of my spit-ballin' attempts was The 200 (referencing how they play and The 300 with how they battled).

Speaking of 300 - If left together and playing full season, I honestly believe The Perfection Line could get 300 points this season.

Reactions: DKH

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Felger & Mazz: " The Erection Line. Marchand got good wood on Boston's second goal." :sarcasm:

My name would be the Improper Line.

8ee8d0fc07_Patrice_12012008.jpg

Luxury12.13NoUPCRGB.jpg

1017Feature_Bruins_4_Photo-Holly-Rike_PC1.jpg

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't like the name "perfection line." It's boring. Plus, none of them are, in fact, perfect. Shocking, I know. So every time they make a mistake, all the goofy fans will be out in force, "hurr durr, perfection line huh??" and it will annoy me to no end.

I don't have a name suggestion though. Bergeron line works for me. :dunno:

Reactions: Ratty

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly id prefer something a bit more creative then the perfection line too. as dan pointed out earlier its a bit of a ripoff take on the production line. id like something that screams origionality for our boys.

im not sure we had a great name for a line since the kraut line

nothing sticks in my head for neely… or Esposito... oreilly…. thornton… im sure they had nicknames but it didn't burn itself into my head and im pretty fantatical about the team

id love to call them the legion of doom... but that's taken. im sure that's how the other team feels when they are on the ice though... doomed

I was thinking of something like shock attack... but its very generic. im sure the other team feels a level of shock just how damn good our guys are defensively while also scaring the crap out of them offensively too

kill shot was something I wondered if I could float out... marchand is a stone cold killer imo. I think he would do anything to win. pastrnak has that lazer shot... and Bergeron is wicked with his shots too.

we got 4 guys with lethal wicked shooting skills here.

kill shot? the bullseye line? sudden release? fast and furious?

maybe they don't have enough foot speed to pull off fast and furious.

roar of the wild? being a team named bruins one of our lines should eventually be called roar. not sure it would apply to these guys though. marchand is more of a barker than a roarer.

anyhow it comforts me to turn my minds attention to these guys. as a bruin fan nothing is making me happier the past 2 years than thinking about these guys. so I am glad they have a thread here where I can spend a bit of time thinking about them

I am happy dom and dan shared perfection line with me... its an ok name... but my vote is going to go to kill shot. it just seems more scary and I think these guys deserve a scary name

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
in their last 41 regular season games played {half a season}

Patrice Bergeron 29 goals 23 assists 52 points
david pastrnak 28 goals 23 assists 51 points
brad marchand 18 goals 32 assists 50 points

75 goals in 41 games for a line
3 guys on pace for 100 points if they play the full 82 game schedule

and the defense these guys manage on top of this historically good offense

!!!!

wow... I still hear some people saying other lines are the best in the nhl
lets pump the tires of our boys
its a real sadness to me we cant find more reasons to be positive about these 3

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think Pasta gets enough credit for his role in raising the game of the other two on the line.

Everyone treats him like the third wheel to Marchy and Bergy's great long-lasting chemistry, but once he joined that line their scoring numbers skyrocketed. Brad Marchand wasn't scoring 35 goals with Loui Eriksson. Bergeron wasn't reaching 80 points with Benoit Pouliot.

Pastrnak is the legit sniper that line's needed, and opposing defenses having to watch out for his one-timer and backing off into passing lanes has let Bergeron and especially Marchand do more in open space and create scoring chances of their own.

I just love this line, all three of them are so skilled in different ways. Every time someone suggests breaking them up to spread out scoring I get incredibly angry. This is the best line I've seen since I've been watching the Bruins. And I remember Knuble-Thornton-Murray and the latter years of Oates & Neely.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Toronto has Matthews and Tavares, as well as a nasty top 6 that's like, so freaking good, man?

No problem. Nothing intimidates the Line of Perfection.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
No danger of that with shorty Marchand and vermicelli Pasta :laugh:

This made me think about who was the... "chunkiest" pro hockey player I have ever seen (sorry for OT).
The answer is Sergei Gomolyako, who played at the top pro hockey level in Russia for 20 years (1986-2006).

6C160330-C35E-485D-9537-CF762B389AC3.png

D0097B03-18E5-498C-A62E-A234D8738441.jpeg

56C5C969-DD3D-4103-A771-59BAF537EA58.jpeg

Attachments

• 3F9C8220-B4DE-4F2C-9318-AC780D12513B.jpeg
    3F9C8220-B4DE-4F2C-9318-AC780D12513B.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: McGarnagle

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Was his nikname .... tank. He looks massively big
"The gentle giant". Or so they said it was. When I saw him play at the Spengler Cup for his Russian team (was it Dynamo Moscow maybe?), I remember he was pushing 300 lbs. And he was relatively quick for his size, believe you me. When he'd gather speed, it was like trying to stop an Amtrak. He had very good hands. A good player, though comically looking, almost obese.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
"The gentle giant". Or so they said it was. When I saw him play at the Spengler Cup for his Russian team (was it Dynamo Moscow maybe?), I remember he was pushing 300 lbs. And he was relatively quick for his size, believe you me. When he'd gather speed, it was like trying to stop an Amtrak. He had very good hands. A good player, though comically looking, almost obese.
Imagine being tank by this guy .... oouf. He looks what he was then.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Imagine being tank by this guy .... oouf. He looks what he was then.
Big time. But the interesting part is that he was a FINESSE player. I imagine that he could have ragdolled Godzilla, but he played without a physical edge. Physically, he was more of the immovable object, really. Hence the gentle giant moniker.

Reactions: nords1995

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad