Player Discussion The Perfection Line

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
No, I'm saying that you laying it all on that line is ridiculous given stopping them was the literal focus of every team they played. And that you putting it all at their feet is incredibly narrow minded and shows a lack of understanding of basic hockey concepts.

Well people want to refer to them as "the perfection line" and they were not perfect last year. Sooooo

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well people want to refer to them as "the perfection line" and they were not perfect last year. Sooooo

Quite literal today, aren't we? Mario Lemieux's nickname was Super Mario. I suppose that to you it meant he ran around sewers with his brother trying to free the princess all the time, no? :laugh:

Reactions: PB37

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Quite literal today, aren't we? Mario Lemieux's nickname was Super Mario. I suppose that to you it meant he ran around sewers with his brother trying to free the princess all the time, no? :laugh:
Don't forget Maurice "The Rocket" Richard...

Reactions: LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I get what you're trying to say....It's a little hard for me as well to celebrate tens games of the regular season after what we saw in June. I love the gaudy stats and they look tremendous, just hope that

a. it continues
b. The Bruins aren't lulled into a false sense again that this line is unstoppable.
c. doesn't make the search for a 2RW something they put on the back burner.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I get what you're trying to say....It's a little hard for me as well to celebrate tens games of the regular season after what we saw in June. I love the gaudy stats and they look tremendous, just hope that

a. it continues
b. The Bruins aren't lulled into a false sense again that this line is unstoppable.
c. doesn't make the search for a 2RW something they put on the back burner.

That line is very talented and can make teams pay for their mistakes against it, but it struggled last year during the playoffs in 5 on 5 play. In the playoffs, you simply cannot count on getting a power play, and (like you said earlier) they needed the version of DK that led the league in playoff scoring to show up and lighten their load. It didn't happen, and they didn't get the PP chances, so they lost game 7.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Super Mario is the name of a game series. The character you're referring to is know commonly as Mario. I have no issue with nicknames, I just don't understand the "perfection line" as one of them and I think its a stupid name.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Since 2013, Krejci has played 51 games in the play-offs and has 7 goals and 23 assists. The top line needs the 2C to take a lot more pressure off.

Thought it was interesting that you stopped prior to the season where Krejci led the team in playoff points :sarcasm:

Just to include it though....

Bergeron - 75 GP / 61Pts / 0.81 Pgp
Krejci - 73 GP / 56Pts / 0.76 Pgp

Not a very big gap considering Bergeron has had better talent around him. BTW Krejci had one less point in the post-season last year compared to Bergeron.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Thought it was interesting that you stopped prior to the season where Krejci led the team in playoff points :sarcasm:

Just to include it though....

Bergeron - 75 GP / 61Pts / 0.81 Pgp
Krejci - 73 GP / 56Pts / 0.76 Pgp

Not a very big gap considering Bergeron has had better talent around him. BTW Krejci had one less point in the post-season last year compared to Bergeron.
It's also important to mention Krejci play against the 2nd best grinders compare to Bergeron Playing against the best.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Super Mario is the name of a game series. The character you're referring to is know commonly as Mario. I have no issue with nicknames, I just don't understand the "perfection line" as one of them and I think its a stupid name.

The issue I have is that you say you hate the nickname in one breath, but then use it to promote your agenda in the next one. That's a bit hypocritical, IMO.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
That line is very talented and can make teams pay for their mistakes against it, but it struggled last year during the playoffs in 5 on 5 play. In the playoffs, you simply cannot count on getting a power play, and (like you said earlier) they needed the version of DK that led the league in playoff scoring to show up and lighten their load. It didn't happen, and they didn't get the PP chances, so they lost game 7.
Does it really matter if they've upped their production so significantly on the PP? Since Cassidy became the Bruins coach, the Bruins PP is at 26.5% over close to a 250 game sample size regular season + playoffs. That's the best in the league, ahead of Tampa Bay at 26%.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's also important to mention Krejci play against the 2nd best grinders compare to Bergeron Playing against the best.

Ok? You realize the level of talent that Krejci gets vs what Bergeron gets is night a day right? Also don't think for a second that in home games, Bergeron and Co don't get favorable match-ups and are always put against another teams #1 line.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I do also think Perfection Line is lame for a name.
it was more a take off of the 1950’s Detroit Production Line although when I told my daughter the name it was with Seguin on RW. I told her they could get tattoos and Bergeron could spell perfection correctly and Marchand and Seguin misspell it

sorry I’m too lame for you

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's called Perfection because its a play on one of Patrice Bergeron's nicknames ( Perfect Patrice ). If any of you suggest that he isn't perfect, I'll f***ing fight you!

Reactions: DKH and LSCII

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Ok? You realize the level of talent that Krejci gets vs what Bergeron gets is night a day right? Also don't think for a second that in home games, Bergeron and Co don't get favorable match-ups and are always put against another teams #1 line.
Yes, at home in the playoffs things didn't work too good for us.
In the end you'll get first line against first line. Which most of the time it's their best defensive players like Bergeron/Marchand

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes, at home in the playoffs things didn't work too good for us.
In the end you'll get first line against first line. Which most of the time it's their best defensive players like Bergeron/Marchand

What? You think that every team is sending their #1 line to go up against our #1 line? You don't think Cassidy works last change to get better match-ups for the #1 line?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
What? You think that every team is sending their #1 line to go up against our #1 line? You don't think Cassidy works last change to get better match-ups for the #1 line?
Again... how did that work out for us last playoffs, Toronto won 2 of 3 and the Blues 3 of 4, which pretty much was why we lost the cup.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm still lost as to what my agenda is? Since you seem to know, why don't you tell me.

Uh huh, if you say so...:laugh:

Don't like the perfection line. Check
Don't think they played perfectly in the playoffs. Check
Holding them to that standard even though you said you didn't agree with it. Check
Pointing out Krejci's production being similar to Bergeron's. Check
Dismissing a counter point to your assertion that they were nearly statistically identical. Check
Admitting this was just a ruse to get to your point that DK should be with Marchand and Pasta? You: Who me? I never said that. Why would you say that I have an agenda??

Man, don't ever change. Never. :laugh:

Reactions: finchster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad