The Penguins have 4 regulation wins in 20 games.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This year they’ve played the vast majority of their games vs good playoff teams and their special teams under the new assistants has gone to hell. They always had a decent PK and now it’s awful. Their PP is getting a bit better from the start but still a far cry from where they usually are.

If Hextall wants them to compete this year the special teams must be fixed.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I expect them to be the odd man out in the east, missing the playoffs. Might even finish 6th behind Devils, a vastly improved team.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
They also have had to play the Islanders and Caps almost every night. Not saying they aren't the 5th best team in that division, at the moment they are, but if they would have had the chance to play NJ or Buffalo this season I feel they might have a few more regulation wins.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They played like an AHL team for the last few weeks of the season and the playoffs.

Whatever happened then, I guess they haven’t fully exorcised it.

Also whatever is going on w/ Malkin is probably not helping:
upload_2021-3-2_19-9-8.png

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Jimmy really did a number on that team.
Got them 2 Stanley Cups. Chased a 3rd Stanley Cup, which should honestly be applauded.

When you have Crosby and Malkin still playing a very high-level, then you should do whatever you can to try to maximize their championship window. Even if it means you crash later.

Now that the window appears to be closing/closed, I would take an almost opposite approach.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Penguins with Crosby: AHL team
Penguins without Crosby: Plan the parade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad