The "Panic about Matt Duchene" thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some good stuff from Geno Reda and Ray Ferraro on That's Hockey breaking down Duchene's goal from last night. It was similar to one Crosby scored and you can tell that Duchene has picked up a few things from Crosby. They also mentioned that Crosby told Duchene to shorten his stick and so far it's working out great for him.

I hope Duchene and MacKinnon continue working out with Crosby every summer.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Almost all of Duchene's goals now are over the goalies shoulders and he's cutting down on the dekes when in close. Just a quick move and a quick shot.

He's a wonderful stickhandler but fancy moves aren't always efficient.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Just reading the original post is hilarious.

Some people were/are too easy to turn against some of these young players and label them a bust.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Some of the replies on this thread from years ago are just.. wow :help:

I find it disturbing the amount of people who were perfectly content with trading him when he struggled in 2012 :shakehead

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Reading this thread from the beginning cracks me up haha

this thread will make you cry when by next year the league has seen tape and is ready for Duchene's spin moves. He will be the next Prucha and slowly vanish after a great goal scoring year! BUST!!!!

:p not a serious post on any level just to be clear...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Some of the replies on this thread from years ago are just.. wow :help:

I find it disturbing the amount of people who were perfectly content with trading him when he struggled in 2012 :shakehead

I was content with letting him go just because he would've been able to give us that great D which Staz or ROR wouldn't have been able to.
Adding to that, Dutchy had begun to show worrying signs of not understanding the game and confidence issues.
Obviously those doubts are now erased with a great season last year and a very good start this season, but to think that he just might not have the toolbox was not that far fetched at that time.

Hindsight is always 20-20 and it's easy to point and laugh now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was content with letting him go just because he would've been able to give us that great D which Staz or ROR wouldn't have been able to.
Adding to that, Dutchy had begun to show worrying signs of not understanding the game and confidence issues.
Obviously those doubts are now erased with a great season last year and a very good start this season, but to think that he just might not have the toolbox was not that far fetched at that time.

Hindsight is always 20-20 and it's easy to point and laugh now.

No it was always easy to point and laugh.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
What happened to Duchene tonight? from the boxscore on NHL.com it says he only had 12:36 TOI, is he injured or playing bad?

rocketxav9

Jan 29, 2010
Avs' Duchene (Oblique) Expected To Miss One Week
(3:25 pm ET) Matt Duchene (oblique) is expected to miss just one week according to coach Patrick Roy, the Denver Post reports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad