The Pacific Division... Looks Bad.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Agreed. The Pacific would get slaughtered if all four divisions were ever put head to head in some kind of tournament... oh wait.

image.jpg

giphy.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As a Nashville fan I hope we avoid those california teams this year. It's a lot of travel and eventually we are going to get burned by the ducks .

Idk you guys are the 1 team i hate to play in a series, its just not a great matchup for us.... the series are usually good but stylistically its a bit of a mismatch.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks had so many injuries in the season which wasn't good for the team. Kesler still isn't 100% IMO. I wonder how good a record we would have if we hadn't been so effected by injuries this season.

Reactions: RemainInLight43

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’m guessing LA would of faired better with Carter for the entire year.

We will see, teams play good against better teams. Lose to teams they should beat.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I really hope the blues get the first wildcard and put into the pacific division. I don't Think they'll win either way but they'll have a much easier time going through the pacific than the central.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I wonder what vegas' record is against their division. If they are undefeated then that explains everything lol

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'll say this...I won't be surprised if any of the pacific teams get swept in the first round or make it as far as the western conference finals

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Idk you guys are the 1 team i hate to play in a series, its just not a great matchup for us.... the series are usually good but stylistically its a bit of a mismatch.

that goes for all teams and that goes for anaheim too for central teams

as a jets fan we don't want to be travelling all the to cali to play some dirty tough hockey
wouldn't worry too much about losing but being roughed up going into the 2nd round

I really believe in this jets team, but who ever faces a cali team will be going into a real physical game

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
that goes for all teams and that goes for anaheim too for central teams

as a jets fan we don't want to be travelling all the to cali to play some dirty tough hockey
wouldn't worry too much about losing but being roughed up going into the 2nd round

I really believe in this jets team, but who ever faces a cali team will be going into a real physical game

Not terribly different from drawing STL in the 1st round in past years, though travel isn't as far. The Blues have gotten softer in the past few years, they're no longer as hard to play against. (Backes, Reaves gone and Sobotka in his first stint in St Louis as well as other players ageing and being less physical)

I think if LA can rediscover their early season play, they could surprise many people should they sqeak into the playoffs - similar to the 2014 run to the cup.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Considering an expansion team managed to be the number one team in that division, yes it is. If they are to play a wild card central team they will probably lose to them.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Uhhhh. It's a tough division. The Oilers have gotten hot a little too late. The Flames are a good team and a tough battle every night. Vegas? Yeah they're playing great. Then the California teams. No team in the league really wants to draw any of them. So that leaves Arizona who have seemingly turned things around and are winning after Tocchet's "leave of absence".

There are no easy wins against any of the teams in the Pacific.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Considering an expansion team managed to be the number one team in that division, yes it is. If they are to play a wild card central team they will probably lose to them.

That expansion team has beaten a lot of other teams outside of the Pacific. If you watch them play, they are a well oiled machine who play like a team. Vegas is a strong team to where all the players are on the same page. Don't put them down at all. They are dangerous.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Vegas would lead the metro
Sharks would be tied for 2nd in metro
Ducks would be tied for 3rd metro
Kings are in a wild card and would own a wild card in the east
Calgary would own a wild card in the east

If sharks have 1 more win they are tied for 3rd in central
Metros 1st place team would be 4th in the Atlantic
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying

It's easy to get pts when you can beat up on the Canucks, Oilers, coyotes.. If sharks and ducks were in the metro full time then they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad