The Pacific Division... Looks Bad.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I would be Calling it the Norris Division of Today if it were not for The Golden Knights. The Sharks are 2nd and would be 5th in The Central Division. The Bottom 3 Teams don't even have 60 Points Yet (Oilers, Canucks, Coyotes). What is with the Pacific? The Oilers were supposed to be a Good Team, The Flames were too (though they technically still are). This looked like to be an average, maybe even better division this year.
What happened?

Reactions: romao

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This is new to you? There's a lot of teams in our division either in complete shambles or stuck in mediocrity.

Reactions: Szechwan

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
It's really not fun being at the abyss as a Canuck fan for the past 3 years or so. But like they say, whenever you're scared in the Abyss, there's always the friendly neighborhood Oilers right there to hold your hands. Could be worst, but I hope we get out of it soon.

Ps. The Canucks are spending up to the CAP as of this year... so... yea we are not in a great shape.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Vegas would lead the metro
Sharks would be tied for 2nd in metro
Ducks would be tied for 3rd metro
Kings are in a wild card and would own a wild card in the east
Calgary would own a wild card in the east

If sharks have 1 more win they are tied for 3rd in central
Metros 1st place team would be 4th in the Atlantic
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying

Last edited:

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
It's really not fun being at the abyss as a Canuck fan for the past 3 years or so. But like they say, whenever you're scared in the Abyss, there's always the friendly neighborhood Oilers right there to hold your hands. Could be worst, but I hope we get out of it soon.

Ps. The Canucks are spending up to the CAP as of this year... so... yea we are not in a great shape.
Not Fun At All. But hey at least Pettersson is The God of SHL Hockey right now and is looking to join the nhl next year. Add that to potentially Dahlin (Canuck FANtasy is Canuck FANtasy), We might have a playoff team next year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah the Pacific is weird. I could see any team going on a run that’s in playoff contention. Definitely don’t have a Pittsburgh or Tampa though.

Oct 18, 2011
The ducks are an enigma if you look at our underlying stats since we got healthy they are very good but then we lose to teams like the Habs, oilers, yotes, sens, and wings.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Las Vegas being this good surprised everyone.
San Jose, LA, Anaheim, and Calgary are all fairly close to where they were expected to be.
Vancouver and Arizona were never going to do anything.
Edmonton being this bad surprised everyone.

In any case, the division isn't really weak compared to the rest of the league. The two Eastern divisions either have no President's Trophy candidates (Metro) or a really crappy basement (Atlantic). The Central is the only division that's really a cut above, and even then it's not anywhere close to the slugfest that the Metro was last year.

Reactions: Phu

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
LA struggles in the division but plays decent against most others. Perhaps its not the pacific div that sux but everyone else. Or La is just super inconsistent.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Agreed. The Pacific would get slaughtered if all four divisions were ever put head to head in some kind of tournament... oh wait.

image.jpg

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Vegas would lead the metro
Sharks would be tied for 2nd in metro
Ducks would be tied for 3rd metro
Kings are in a wild card and would own a wild card in the east
Calgary would own a wild card in the east

If sharks have 1 more win they are tied for 3rd in central
Metros 1st place team would be 4th in the Atlantic
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying

Metro teams have to play against good metro teams often
Pacific teams have to play against bad pacific teams often

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pretty sure no one in the western conference outside of nashville is jumping for joy if the draw 1 of the california teams in round 1.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Not Fun At All. But hey at least Pettersson is The God of SHL Hockey right now and is looking to join the nhl next year. Add that to potentially Dahlin (Canuck FANtasy is Canuck FANtasy), We might have a playoff team next year.

The fact that Peterson is turning out to be a winger and not a center (If he can't play center in the SHL there is zero chance he plays it over here) suggests we may have another Brock situation to look forward two.

I.E have an incredible scoring rookie who has little to no impact on our overall fortunes as a team.

If you do not start building your team and have your center position on lockdown, it will make little difference in the long run,

Until this team DRAFTS someone to be a 1-2 with Horvat we're going nowhere, even if Peterson and Boesser are scoring 40 goals each

I would trade either Boesser or Peterson for a bluechip center prospect or a draft pick that ensures us one.

Teams built from the wing, or the goal are destined to FAIL, you need centers and defenseman as these positions impact a game more than any other, they are what make up the identity of your team,

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pretty sure no one in the western conference outside of nashville is jumping for joy if the draw 1 of the california teams in round 1.
As a Nashville fan I hope we avoid those california teams this year. It's a lot of travel and eventually we are going to get burned by the ducks .

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
It's funny how people were crapping on the Atlantic and Pacific and it looks like a decent chance both divisions will get 4 playoff teams.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad