The Out of Town Thread XCIX- We talk about your team here. (Mod Warning post 468)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I know this is looking way too far into the future.. but the road to the cup is going to be so tough this season. Realistically, if we were to make the finals, we would have to beat Ottawa, TB and NYR. A really really tall order...

Really pulling for Detroit here!

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I know this is looking way too far into the future.. but the road to the cup is going to be so tough this season. Realistically, if we were to make the finals, we would have to beat Ottawa, TB and NYR. A really really tall order...

Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
So far, a lot of back and forth going between the det-tb. Lots of forechecking causing a lot of pass interceptions.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Babcocks gonna outcoach the **** out of Cooper

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Totally off topic:

The Raptors should change their slogan to "We the overrated".

Toronto sports are just downright sad. Leafs, Raptors, Argos, FC, Jays.... yuck.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
It doesn't matter because Lightning just have better players up front. Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't in their prime anymore.

Tampa are built for the regular season. No grit in that lineup.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Tampa are built for the regular season. No grit in that lineup.

All skill though.

If they can run and gun against other teams and burn their D it wont matter.

Other then grit, they have a solid group all around.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He dresses well though.

So there is that....

Well he's a lawyer lol.

I think he's a good coach who just hasn't figured it out in the playoffs yet. Although, it's been one game and they're up in this game so I wouldn't be too worried about him. He did win in the AHL, so there's pedigree there.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Bishop is just as annoying as hasek outside of the crease. He abuses the no touching goalies rule so much.

He uses the rule to not only play the puck, but set picks, and give a good flop if need be.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Tampa looks pretty gritty tonight and Cooper not looking inexperienced at all.

Not sure why people are suggesting otherwise. Tampa is dominating the Wings and pounding them too.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
The bolts constantly get played second versus the Rangers.

I seriously could see the Bolt sweeping the Rangers in a series.

They are that good.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Mission accomplished for Detroit winning one on the road. That said, they were lucky to win game #1, and they're getting destroyed in game #2. Hopefully last change at home will even things a little.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The gameplan if we're playing Tampa at some point (if we beat the Sens first and they beat the Wings) is quite simple; Hit everything in sight. Slow their forwards down. Make those bruises appear on them. They have quite a lot of players who get out of their game quite a bit when they get hit/tossed (Stamkos, Hedman and Bishop are perfect examples. Johnson can be hit also, like last year), and while not overly physical, we have the elements to get them out of their gameplan.

Right now the series between Tampa and Detroit is ridiculously soft. Bolts players can do whatever the hell they want and they don't get roughed up. It's ridiculous. It doesn't look like playoffs hockey. If we end up having to play them, you just tell DSP, JDLR, Prust, Weise and Emelin to lay the body of everything moving. You tell Gallagher to do what he does even more against Bishop. And you don't miss an occasion to chirp Stamkos. The guy is a crybaby and is bound to do stupid **** when he gets engaged.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Tampa looks pretty gritty tonight and Cooper not looking inexperienced at all.

Not sure why people are suggesting otherwise. Tampa is dominating the Wings and pounding them too.

When you allow guys like Brown and Killorn to outmusle you, it says more about your overall physicality than the other team's. Detroit is a non-factor physically. And I don't think Habs players would let players untouched in front of their net.

Once again, both of those two teams look like they have eggs in their pants compared to Ottawa and Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad