The Out of Town Thread XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You don't think he'd make that in the KHL where Kovalchuk makes like 15 millon?

He's an exception... The 90th highest paid player in the KHL makes around $1 million... In the NHL, I can't find a top 100 list that is current, but the 50th highest paid player today makes $6.5 million, and back 5-ish years ago, the 90th highest paid player made $4.85 million.

The salaries between NHL and KHL are not comparable. And between the NHL and the Euro leagues, forget it.

edit: another way to put it in perspective... The highest paid goalie in the KHL makes $4.5 million. In the NHL Lundqvist is making $11 million this year. A salary of $4.5 million in the NHL for goalies ranks 16th, Jonas Hiller.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty good day for me lounging on the couch wearing pajamas all day and watching NYR@PHI, followed by CHI@ANA, followed by MTL@BUF

:yo:

I don't get to many of these.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pretty good day for me lounging on the couch wearing pajamas all day and watching NYR@PHI, followed by CHI@ANA, followed by MTL@BUF

:yo:

I don't get to many of these.

Funny how those afternoon games don't bug you much when your team isn't involved. :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Funny how those afternoon games don't bug you much when your team isn't involved. :laugh:

Indeed. :)

I love when the Habs play of Friday nights (not often). Gives me a chance to watch the game at our favorite watering hole with some friends. :naughty:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's an exception... The 90th highest paid player in the KHL makes around $1 million... In the NHL, I can't find a top 100 list that is current, but the 50th highest paid player today makes $6.5 million, and back 5-ish years ago, the 90th highest paid player made $4.85 million.

The salaries between NHL and KHL are not comparable. And between the NHL and the Euro leagues, forget it.

edit: another way to put it in perspective... The highest paid goalie in the KHL makes $4.5 million. In the NHL Lundqvist is making $11 million this year. A salary of $4.5 million in the NHL for goalies ranks 16th, Jonas Hiller.

Not that I disagree, but in the KHL they also do not get taxed..right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad