The Out of Town Thread part LVI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No im not.lol.but he is overated on here for sure.

Look at our D lineup. He'd be a more than welcome top 4. He was not suppose to be an offensive threat. And he does seem that he's around 30 points per year, which places him quite higher in the list than people anticipated. And he's really good 1 on 1. He's reliable. And is more offensive. But is surely overused thanks to Staal injury. So sorry....he's clearly not overrated.

And on the last delay of game play...he was on the ice for 3:04....I guess fatigue had something to do with it....

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
He is a fantastic defense-man.. He may not have "Gamebreaking ability" like a Subban, or Karlsson, but you need players like him to win.

He s a top 4 d man on a defensive oriented team .wow.a big part of peoples unconditional love for him on here is cause he was dealt in the gomer deal and people HATE gomer.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He s a top 4 d man on a defensive oriented team .wow.a big part of peoples unconditional love for him on here is cause he was dealt in the gomer deal and people HATE gomer.

McDonagh is a great Dman, don't try to argue otherwise, you'll only make yourself look bad.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal

I don't know about that... Higgins was also traded in that deal, and he continues to be underrated here.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
McDonagh is a great Dman, don't try to argue otherwise, you'll only make yourself look bad.

Never said he wasnt a good d man. I said he s overated on here.and ya I m really worried about looking bad on hf boards.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Never said he wasnt a good d man. I said he s overated on here.and ya I m really worried about looking bad on hf boards.

How is a guy that's amongst the league leaders in TOI, plays a solid 2-way game for a playoff team (and one that reached the Semis last year) and has maintained a high even strength performance overrated by being called a top defenseman on any team?

Honestly, just seeing that guy playing stings considering how bad our defense has been the past 2 years. He'd make this team so much better. We don't have anything left from that trade except a bad taste in our mouths.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
McDonagh is a VERY good defenseman.

Last season, probably every non Habs fan would have taken him before Subban.

That's because most fans judge players based on their teams record and their point total.

Subban was as good as he is this year last year. The difference was the team around him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
McDonagh is a very solid d-man. #3-4 on a top team, but he gets overrated here because we tarded him away for Gomez so he gets massively overrated.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
McDonagh is a very solid d-man. #3-4 on a top team, but he gets overrated here because we tarded him away for Gomez so he gets massively overrated.

He'd be our 2nd best defenseman and would be a great compliment to Subban, but Habs fans definitely have a tendency to inflate him because of the circumstances. He's good but he's not Subban good.

PricePkPatch*

Someone has a stream to the Toronto/Bruins game?

Outside of CBC. I'm in the UK

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
I'd rather play the Bs than the Caps, tbh.
I think it would be funny of Isles take out Pens. Pens hired all those rent a guns and to implode because of the goalie:laugh:

Then Boston can play Washington in the rematch of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad