The Out of Town Thread part LVI - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Even if they asked for that (which is unlikely at best), I very much doubt not a single team would give up (a lot) more.

You're basically saying an elite scorer is worth 2 decent-to-good prospects. Yeah, no.

Really? Take a closer look at all the big names that have been traded recently and the returns they brought in. Pominville got two good prospects and two high picks, but Minny didn't have to give up any of their top-tier guys (Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Brodin, etc). Bouwmeester, Iginla, Morrow, Roy (x2), Nash, Ribeiro...all big names that have been moved recently and none cost their team much more than what's being proposed here (well, in the other thread) for Vanek. You're only getting him for a year, after all.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Ok so florida finished 4th traded they picks and won the lottery. Floria finished 3rd traded their picks and won the lottery. Now they finish 1st and lost to a lottery lol.
Damn they can never pick first lol

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Ok so florida finished 4th traded they picks and won the lottery. Floria finished 3rd traded their picks and won the lottery. Now they finish 1st and lost to a lottery lol.
Damn they can never pick first lol

In 2002 and 2003, they won the lottery and then traded their pick on draft day.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

Whoever this MrH4bs is, that's a great vid.

edit: btw, they were saying on the radio that one of their journalists in Ottawa said Michalek and Philipps weren't on the ice. Either getting some rest or maybe injured?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
edit: btw, they were saying on the radio that one of their journalists in Ottawa said Michalek and Philipps weren't on the ice. Either getting some rest or maybe injured?
My guess is a lot of people are resting some injuries, or just resting.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The TO media making quite the story out of Phil the thrill skipping out on them...TO, the centre of the hockey universe...:D

Why would Kessel do that? Isn't part of the job, so to speak? Especailly before the series has even started...:shakehead

Habtchum*

Hornvquist just signed a 5 year deal for over 21 million $ for Nashille. Got 4 goals this year in 24 games, Never had more than 51 points in a season.... He is 27.

And DD is too expensive ?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Hornvquist just signed a 5 year deal for over 21 million $ for Nashille. Got 4 goals this year in 24 games, Never had more than 51 points in a season.... He is 27.

To be fair, it's the length people have a problem with, not the money.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

I always thought Hornvquist was like a Swedish version of Kostitsyn.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
To be fair, it's the length people have a problem with, not the money.

Why?

If you only sign a 1 year extension he has the UFA card to play and then he costs more to re-sign and his trade value drops.

Signing Price at 6.5 mil for 6 years is a lot more risky than DD at 3.5 for 4 years.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Air Pollution has gone up 85% in Toronto in the pass few days..... Researchers say its because of all the dust accumulated from the past 9 years on the Toronto Maple Leafs Playoff Car Flags......

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Look at David Jones. 20-goal scorers simply get paid in the NHL(Hornqvist also got to 30 goals once).

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Jesus christ. I turn the TV on to watch the Hawks game and all CBC is talking about is the Leafs.. THEY ARENT EVEN PLAYING TONIGHT.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
"The Leafs won't be intimidated by the Bruins..."

"I hope Kessel goes out there and scores 6 points in the first game..."

Like really? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events