The Out of Town Thread part LIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1m Flames could have three first rounders now. Good start. Too bad traded away 2nd (prob top 35) to get Cammalleri. Made no sense then or now.

Well the 1st from St.Louis can still only be next year's. Pretty sure the Flames fans will be cheering for the Blues to get in at #8

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1m Flames could have three first rounders now. Good start. Too bad traded away 2nd (prob top 35) to get Cammalleri. Made no sense then or now.

What does he mean probably? lol

That pick is going to be pick 31 or 32. They just traded their 2 best players. Calgary is going to finish last or 2nd last in the league.

That pick is such a gift.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

That pick is going to be pick 31 or 32. They just traded their 2 best players. Calgary is going to finish last or 2nd last in the league.

You never know, the remaining players, now that there is no pressure to make the playoffs may play a lot better.

BobbyFischer*

I was thinking about that before.. thank god we didn't keep Halak... guy can't stay healthy at all... =[

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I was thinking about that before.. thank god we didn't keep Halak... guy can't stay healthy at all... =[

For all the crap Gauthier got on here...he went against the fanbase and a lot of media in keeping Price when the easy move would have been trade him(and get bigger return) and sign Halak.

The Cammalleri deal looks golden right now, though he has bounced back, his 6 mil cap hit next year make him virtually unmoveable...we got a pretty good prospect il Holland, a big winger on a good cap hit in Bourque plus a 2nd rounder that's almost a 1st.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Sabres get the Kings 2nds in 2014 and 2015.

Good, did not want them having a monster draft with 3 picks in round 2 in June.

Flames and Preds down 2-0.

Stars down 3-0.

:nod:

Now 3-0 Oilers against CGY. Is that team FINALLY putting it together?

I'm relieved the Oilers are winning. If they continue piling up 1st or 2nd overall picks they might resemble the Oilers of the 1980s and become the biggest obstacle to the Habs' chances of winning the Cup in this decade.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I'm relieved the Oilers are winning. If they continue piling up 1st or 2nd overall picks they might resemble the Oilers of the 1980s and become the biggest obstacle to the Habs' chances of winning the Cup in this decade.

Not in a salary cap world.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

This was my main issue. I picked Price over him for several key reasons. Price can play a lot of hockey and stay relatively healthy. He also is a big body and does not get pushed around.

Halak, as good as he was could not play a heavy workload. He'd also put up a stinker after a good 4-5 game stretch. Then the fact that he was small and would get pushed into his net easily and often.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
For all the crap Gauthier got on here...he went against the fanbase and a lot of media in keeping Price when the easy move would have been trade him(and get bigger return) and sign Halak.

The Cammalleri deal looks golden right now, though he has bounced back, his 6 mil cap hit next year make him virtually unmoveable...we got a pretty good prospect il Holland, a big winger on a good cap hit in Bourque plus a 2nd rounder that's almost a 1st.

I was about to disagree then saw the poster's name. Carry on. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Between our 1st pick and Calgary's 2nd, they may only be a few spots removed from one another. Not to mention the other 2 2nd's we have. Things are looking great.

What a difference a year makes. I'm almost as excited for the draft as i am for the Playoffs!! :yo::handclap:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Why is that a problem if he's scoring at a 30 goal pace, which he's been doing in Calgary?

I wouldn't call that deal "golden" just yet. Going into the playoffs as we are right now, IMO we'd be much better off with Cammalleri than Bourque and a high 2nd rounder.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Why is that a problem if he's scoring at a 30 goal pace, which he's been doing in Calgary?

I wouldn't call that deal "golden" just yet. Going into the playoffs as we are right now, IMO we'd be much better off with Cammalleri than Bourque and a high 2nd rounder.

Cammalleri would have been swallowing up a roster spot that we are better allocating to someone else, like one of the Gallys. Who's to say Cammalleri doesn't get injured(he has a history) and is not effective?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Cammalleri would have been swallowing up a roster spot that we are better allocating to someone else, like one of the Gallys. Who's to say Cammalleri doesn't get injured(he has a history) and is not effective?

I don't really get your arguments here...Cammalleri wouldn't be taking an "extra" spot, he'd be taking the one Bourque has now.

And yes, he could get injured, anyone could. The guy we traded him for got injured, **** happens. But Cammalleri hasn't been hurt...so why is that relevant?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

If it's not a problem, let's see if they can trade him and get assets back. I doubt anybody bites on his 6 mil 13-14 cap hit.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
TO just locked up their Vezina goalie, Macyntire. #STUF #HUGE #VEZ #TOML

Oh, and as much as I hated the Cammy we had before the trade... I think I kinda miss him. He'd be huge going in the playoffs.
Cammy for Gionta and a second !!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Dreger on TSN690:Among Eastern Conference execs there is respect, and in some cases fear, for what the Montreal Canadiens are doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad