The Out of Town Thread part LIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Renaud Lavoie just said that Clowe wants to be traded

...And that he wants a 7-year extension :laugh:

Renaud Lavoie also said that Pominville was asked to give a list of 8 teams where he WOULDN'T want to be traded.

My question : did Pominville play on the point on the PP?

Analyzer*

...And that he wants a 7-year extension :laugh:

Renaud Lavoie also said that Pominville was asked to give a list of 8 teams where he WOULDN'T want to be traded.

My question : did Pominville play on the point on the PP?

He did, or does. I don't know if that's a consistent thing, or not.

Clowe for 7 years... I don't think anyone would take that.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Friedman was saying on the radio today that there was "serious concern" among GMs about the condition of Clowe's shoulders.

If that's true...no chance in the world he's getting an extension like that.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You gotta like the 1sts Calgary is getting even if St Louis doesn't make the playoffs this year there's no guarantee they're making it next year either, so the 2014 pick could be top 10. I doubt that happens but lots of injuries, stranger things have happened etc.

Don't understand Flames picking up all these 3rd rate prospects though. Both Iginla and Boumeester should've gotten at least a B prospect if not a top 5 prospect. Oh well...

If Coyotes move to Quebec for next season there is no way they're playing in the East. Quebec is probably going to have to suffer like the Jets did this year. It would be completely unfair to have 17 teams in the East and only 13 in the west. It's bad enough at 16 to 14. Or, the NHL will have to rethink realignment for next year, and I can't see them doing that at this late stage since it affects league schedule.

Interesting night. Regehr going to L.A. was predictable. Sutter loves him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Sabres get the Kings 2nds in 2014 and 2015.

Good, did not want them having a monster draft with 3 picks in round 2 in June.

Flames and Preds down 2-0.

Stars down 3-0.

:nod:

Now 3-0 Oilers against CGY. Is that team FINALLY putting it together?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
To be fair, Flames are pretty much guaranteed a top 3 pick now. One of Drouin/Mackinnon vs one of Hall/RNH/Yakupov is inevitable.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Halak either gets a shutout, gets pulled or gets hurt.

The guy received an average 20 shots a game still manage to get injured. Only 6 wins in 15 starts this season. SV% under .900. I dont think he can be good and durable enough to be a legitimate 1st goalie in the nhl.

So glad we chose the bigger, better and more durable goalie.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Very obscure prospects, Cundari is a 5'9 dman who went undrafted and Berra was a fourth rounder...in 2006!

Berra is a decent enough goalie IMO, I just don't think he's coming over...and if they wanted a Swiss goalie prospect at all costs, they might as well have just signed Benjamin Conz, who's better than Berra and went undrafted twice.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
oh, and halak is injured.

yet again. this is halak: inconsistent, can't play more than 50 games and even if he did, he'd get injured doing so anyways.

is there anybody on this board still complaining that we kept price?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
You gotta like the 1sts Calgary is getting even if St Louis doesn't make the playoffs this year there's no guarantee they're making it next year either, so the 2014 pick could be top 10. I doubt that happens but lots of injuries, stranger things have happened etc.

Don't understand Flames picking up all these 3rd rate prospects though. Both Iginla and Boumeester should've gotten at least a B prospect if not a top 5 prospect. Oh well...

If Coyotes move to Quebec for next season there is no way they're playing in the East. Quebec is probably going to have to suffer like the Jets did this year. It would be completely unfair to have 17 teams in the East and only 13 in the west. It's bad enough at 16 to 14. Or, the NHL will have to rethink realignment for next year, and I can't see them doing that at this late stage since it affects league schedule.

Interesting night. Regehr going to L.A. was predictable. Sutter loves him.

They simply should move back Columbus to the west. It's bound to happen sooner or later anyways.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1m Flames could have three first rounders now. Good start. Too bad traded away 2nd (prob top 35) to get Cammalleri. Made no sense then or now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad