The Out of Town Thread (Part 47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The way Rod Brind'Amour has the Canes playing reminds me a lot of Joel Bouchard. Both of them have this way of motivating the players to play relentless hockey. To give the opposition the hardest time, making them earn every inch they get. The only difference is that Carolina has the skill to keep up with the hard work. For Laval, and down the road in Montreal, that skill is on its way.

Canes are among my favs to win

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Edmundson was a great addition.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some other additions.

But this is why I said earlier that Rutherford, Francis, and Waddel can take credit for this team because the team is filled with players from all three GM reigns.

Rutherford's reign: Slavin, Staal, Williams, McGinn,

Francis: Aho, Teurevainen, Fleury, Necas, van Riemsdyk, Foegele,

Waddell: Svechnikov, Niederreiter, Martinook, Trotchek, Mrazek, Hamilton, Gardiner, Edmundson, Skjei, Vatanen.

Francis' reign mostly drafted the players. Waddell mostly added through trades and free agency. Nevertheless, this team looks to have been built and is being coached the right way.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
They are good. I had Rangers in 5, and it was mainly because how the Rangers came on in the 2nd half.

I guess the Rangers lost their magic during the pandemic.
Don't forget that Carolina did get some good players in the deadline and sadly a couple were injured back in march. The covid helped them like they did with Columbus who had like 10 injuries at 1 point.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Jets get a 2 minute 5 on 3, but I wonder if they even practiced one without scheifele and Laine.

Jets fail on the 5 on 3 but score soon after 5 on 5.... Weird stuff.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Svech is such a beast.
The no-mistakes mentality proned in this organization is toxic as hell. We are doing the opposite of the normal NHL teams that are accompanying their draftee/youngster players from the beginning until the end. We aren't allowing them to the best NHL'er possible (no chances and ice-time, punitions, rush, etc). We're the worst parents for these kids.

Our top prospects could've been in the same category, alas :(

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So many odd man rushes for Winnipeg. They just can't finish them off.

Ehlers just scored, and I was just about to say that he really needs to step up with schiefle and Laine out. He's been preoccupied with Tkachuk way too much

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad