Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Okay...

As you can tell, I’m a Bruins fan. I like to peek in here once in a while to kinda see what’s going on with you guys, and get the lay of the land. The Bruins-Canadiens rivalry is one of my favorite things in life, and our teams don’t play nearly often enough.

Now that that’s out of the way...

I happened to see this video on my latest excursion in here and all I can say is “oh my good God...” That dude is completely and utterly off the chain. I get that Maple Leaf futility is part of his schtick, but I thought he was going to have an aneurism. Someone needs to do a wellness check on him and he should probably see a doctor. Preferably a psychiatrist. If he’s that wound up now, I have no idea how he survived the 2013, 2018, and 2019 playoffs.

Anyways, this is too good not to share, so I’m taking it back to the Bruins board. Thank you for sharing, and God bless.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I would love to see Michou coach in Toronto and verbally abuse those young punks on a daily basis.

About time someone teach them a thing or two about having some rispek.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Would that be a bad thing?
If you want to drive them both out of town, I guess not ???

Coaches need to change their approch with younger generations, they need to feel that they are understood in their differences and uniqueness. They want to know that their "unique personnality" is respected and how they can, without changing who they are, help the team.

Molding a younger player into "what the coaches or team want" is the exact opposite of what should be done... we've had this problem for years now and this is what what so stupid and wrong about Babcock and one of the many problems the Leafs are having.

Reactions: Sorinth

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Coaches need to change their approch with younger generations, they need to feel that they are understood in their differences and uniqueness. They want to know that their "unique personnality" is respected and how they can, without changing who they are, help the team.
Oh yeah, I see this as a problem

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well, this is how kids are these days, so you either adapt or you fail.
Not all kids are like this. You think real stars like Nate MacKinnon or Connor mcdavid are uncoachable snowflake brats?

Thinking you have to adapt to these brats is where you fail.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Not all kids are like this. You think real stars like Nate MacKinnon or Connor mcdavid are uncoachable snowflake brats?

Thinking you have to adapt to these brats is where you fail.
Come on, these superstars don't have to change anything, their teams are build around their personnalities and play.

It's not unique to the NHL, in any corporation, you adapt to the younger generations if you want to stay competitive. Management and human ressources are well aware of the new reality of younger generations and to call them "snowflakes brats" is far from being constructive...

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Here is a surprising stat for you... Graves leading all D men with a whopping +43! Typically playing with Makar? Makar is +10. Graves can't be that lucky over 60 games. For those of you who think Girard is worth Domi... Girard is their only D in the (-).

M1SMYce.jpg

LS98Fzj.jpg

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Come on, these superstars don't have to change anything, their teams are build around their personnalities and play.

It's not unique to the NHL, in any corporation, you adapt to the younger generations if you want to stay competitive. Management and human ressources are well aware of the new reality of younger generations and to call them "snowflakes brats" is far from being constructive...
Human Resources is really yesterday's news, today it's got to be called something Talent something...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Okay...

As you can tell, I’m a Bruins fan. I like to peek in here once in a while to kinda see what’s going on with you guys, and get the lay of the land. The Bruins-Canadiens rivalry is one of my favorite things in life, and our teams don’t play nearly often enough.

I happened to see this video on my latest excursion in here and all I can say is “oh my good God...” That dude is completely and utterly off the chain. I get that Maple Leaf futility is part of his schtick, but I thought he was going to have an aneurism. Someone needs to do a wellness check on him and he should probably see a doctor. Preferably a psychiatrist. If he’s that wound up now, I have no idea how he survived the 2013, 2018, and 2019 playoffs.

Anyways, this is too good not to share, so I’m taking it back to the Bruins board. Thank you for sharing, and God bless.

In the 3 way hate triangle between the Bruins, Habs, and Leafs.... The Leafs are the little brother that has special needs :nod:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ottawa as 13 picks in the top 75.
At least 5 of those picks will be NHLers in 3 to 4 years.

At least 5 of those picks will be NHL players? You can bet that they have 2/3 in the 1st round (at least). Their own early 2nd has a good shot at getting another NHL player. But then after that, it's guess work.

I would take the more conservative approach... 3 or 4 become NHL players but longer than 3-4 years. It's possible your 5 players becomes true too. My point is after their early 2nd, bust factor kicks in by a huge margin.

I'm also hearing the talent drops after the 1st round. A guy like Barron ranked 20-25 range? :sarcasm:. Not so sure this is a deep draft after the top 10 to be honest. I'll reserve the right for true judgement for a later date.

Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
With regards to injuries I watched some of the Blue Jackets game and they said that the average injury number this season per game is 6. They are in the last wildcard playoff spot right now.

Reactions: Chili

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
At least 5 of those picks will be NHL players? You can bet that they have 2/3 in the 1st round (at least). Their own early 2nd has a good shot at getting another NHL player. But then after that, it's guess work.

I would take the more conservative approach... 3 or 4 become NHL players but longer than 3-4 years.

Ottawa has higher picks than us, and more of them as well. I'm legitimately curious if given these factors you think we may get 1-2 NHL'ers over the next 3-4 years.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Liking what the Pens did at the deadline, Zucker, Sheary, Marleau.

Adding Marleau reminds me of when they added Bill Guerin who was an important addition to Crosby & Co.'s first Cup. He should be motivated to try to get his first ring.

A Pittsburgh Washington series this spring could be a beaut.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

I would take the more conservative approach... 3 or 4 become NHL players but longer than 3-4 years. It's possible your 5 players becomes true too. My point is after their early 2nd, bust factor kicks in by a huge margin.

I'm also hearing the talent drops after the 1st round. A guy like Barron ranked 20-25 range? :sarcasm:. Not so sure this is a deep draft after the top 10 to be honest. I'll reserve the right for true judgement for a later date.
Look at the draft from 2011 to 2016. On average, at least 30 players in the tip 75 makes the NHL as regulars. Out of those 75 players, Ottawa has 13 picks. I think the odds are pretty good that they draft at least 5 NHLers, and that's being conservative. I say at least 6 to 7 will be NHL regulars within 5 years. That is more than what Bergevin gave our team in 8 years.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Okay...

More Leaf fans hamming it up for the camera, nothing more.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Ottawa has higher picks than us, and more of them as well. I'm legitimately curious if given these factors you think we may get 1-2 NHL'ers over the next 3-4 years.
Right!
If we get 2 while drafting 5 times in the top 75, how can Ottawa only get 3 to 4 while drafting 13 times in the top 75 including 7 times in the top 50 to 55.

Reactions: habergeon

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Here is a surprising stat for you... Graves leading all D men with a whopping +43! Typically playing with Makar? Makar is +10. Graves can't be that lucky over 60 games. For those of you who think Girard is worth Domi... Girard is their only D in the (-).

M1SMYce.jpg

LS98Fzj.jpg

What is your opinion on Petry these past few years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

What we talking about now? Sens in the next draft or the Habs over the next 3-4 years? One conversation at a time

I already talked about the Sens in the post you replied to.

As far as the Habs in the next 3 or 4 years... Answer to your question is to look at the last 3 drafts and you will get an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad