The Out of Town Thread Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
He's been linked to Vegas for a while now, even when they acquired Martinez. However, I saw earlier that Carolina may have inquired on him and Lehner from Chicago.

They can't get much for him, he's fast if he skates on straight line, otherwise he falls and bumps into other players and he has a decent shot, defensively he's a black hole.

upload_2020-2-23_17-39-26.jpeg

a nigrum foraminis gustafssoniensus

Reactions: jaffy27 and the

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
This is how wives really see their husbands. Not as their husbands or spouses. We are their humans.
Really? I look at my husband as the pain in the ass. Our song is The Kaiser Chiefs Every Day I Love You Less and Less because he forgot the only song we had ever danced to (The Lighthouse Family Lost in Space). Not a day goes by without me thinking I wish I had a dog instead lol!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Really? I look at my husband as the pain in the ass. Our song is The Kaiser Chiefs Every Day I Love You Less and Less because he forgot the only song we had ever danced to (The Lighthouse Family Lost in Space). Not a day goes by without me thinking I wish I had a dog instead lol!

I swear when my wife looks at me, this is what her eyes tell me. That is when they're not rolled all the way up, though.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Lol @ the Leafs. I enjoy their misfortunes almost as much as I do the Habs winning. I haven't been following hockey much lately due to the Habs mediocrity and lack of direction. What a delightful thing to stumble across; the Leafs losing to their own zamboni driver :laugh:. Delicious.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Carolina never fails to take something cool and fun and just go overboard running it into the ground. I was loving this Ayres thing but now it's every 2nd tweet going on and on about him and taking it too far, I'm already sick of the story. Oh yeah we are making him an honorary citizen of Raleigh and we are naming Tuesday after him and he's coming to our rink and we made him a shirt and look at all these fresh memes omg we are sooo cool and trendy here in butt-f*** North Carolina!!

Man it feels like they are making fun of him at this point.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Carolina never fails to take something cool and fun and just go overboard running it into the ground. I was loving this Ayres thing but now it's every 2nd tweet going on and on about him and taking it too far, I'm already sick of the story. Oh yeah we are making him an honorary citizen of Raleigh and we are naming Tuesday after him and he's coming to our rink and we made him a shirt and look at all these fresh memes omg we are sooo cool and trendy here in butt-f*ck North Carolina!!

well , at least they have created some excitement for the fans. Not that Kotkaniemi bobble head head night isn’t going to be amazing when he’s not even on the team any more.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Carolina never fails to take something cool and fun and just go overboard running it into the ground. I was loving this Ayres thing but now it's every 2nd tweet going on and on about him and taking it too far, I'm already sick of the story. Oh yeah we are making him an honorary citizen of Raleigh and we are naming Tuesday after him and he's coming to our rink and we made him a shirt and look at all these fresh memes omg we are sooo cool and trendy here in butt-f*ck North Carolina!!

I get what you're saying but I kinda understand why they are doing that. Let them have their own fun. Different city, different reality.

I'm pretty sure we would have done the same thing in Montreal since there aren't many good story happening here.

Also, I heard this morning that until last year, it was actually Marc Denis that was the emergency goalie at the Bell Center. Anyone know who is the emergency goalie this season?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I get what you're saying but I kinda understand why they are doing that. Let them have their own fun. Different city, different reality.

I'm pretty sure we would have done the same thing in Montreal since there aren't many good story happening here.

Also, I heard this morning that until last year, it was actually Marc Denis that was the emergency goalie at the Bell Center. Anyone know who is the emergency goalie this season?

LMAO I never knew this and it would have been one classic moment to see it...

"Alors bonsoir Marc, bonne chance devant le filet du Canadien et on se reparle en fin de troisième." - Pierre

Reactions: atrud66 and peate

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Muzzin signed to a $5.625M 4 year extension.

It seems like the Leafs are content with keeping the same D-core going forward, except rotating Barrie for whomever they can trade for. Seems like a recipe for under performing again next season, unless they trade one of their star forwards for some serious help on the backend.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

It seems like the Leafs are content with keeping the same D-core going forward, except rotating Barrie for whomever they can trade for. Seems like a recipe for under performing again next season, unless they trade one of their star forwards for some serious help on the backend.
Leafs have a huge salary-cap iceberg in their path this summer and they know it. It's a lesson to them -- and hockey fans in general -- that the dazzle and media hype surrounding two or three stars isn't enough to build a balanced contender.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

As it stands now, they have $7M of cap space ($84M cap) with 17 players signed for next year. More tinkering from Dubas to come. Enjoy cap hell dumb ass

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs have a huge salary-cap iceberg in their path this summer and they know it. It's a lesson to them -- and hockey fans in general -- that the dazzle and media hype surrounding two or three stars isn't enough to build a balanced contender.

The biggest problem they have is their prospect pool is thin after Sandin and even the guys they have, they are forced to wait for them to develop. Then you got Rielly and Andersen contracts coming when the cap grows.

Not going to be easy for them to improve their roster.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The biggest problem they have is their prospect pool is thin after Sandin and even the guys they have, they are forced to wait for them to develop. Then you got Rielly and Andersen contracts coming when the cap grows.

Not going to be easy for them to improve their roster.
All comes down to their prospects, like it does for most teams. If their kids develop into good NHL players the Leafs could improve. If not, yeah, they're screwed by a top-heavy roster with no foundation.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Toronto should just move Marner. They have too much of the same thing anyway. They need balance.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Toronto should just move Marner. They have too much of the same thing anyway. They need balance.

What would the Kings ask in return for Doughty? Leafs would have to send a contract back and futures.

Or they can move one of Nylander or Marner for futures and roster parts while they go after Pietrangelo as a UFA?

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
All comes down to their prospects, like it does for most teams. If their kids develop into good NHL players the Leafs could improve. If not, yeah, they're screwed by a top-heavy roster with no foundation.

They are in a position where they will likely need to spend draft picks to patch their holes for the next couple years. They are going to lose Barrie for nothing after giving up Kadri for him. He wasn't great for them but at least his cap hit was only $2.75M. I have no idea how they are going to find a top-4 dman at that cap hit without ponying up 1st rounders.

Reactions: Lshap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad