The Out of Town Thread LXXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Islanders sign both Grabovsi an Kulemin, thus adding more arguments to confirm my suspiscion that Garth Snow is a much better GM than people think he is.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Islanders are trash. They are left with the punks nobody wants and have to overpay on top of it.

Jul 2 Kulemin, Nikolai RW Toronto NY Islanders $16.75M 4 $4.1875M
Jul 2 Grabovski, Mikhail C Washington NY Islanders $20M 4 $5M

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Islanders are trash. They are left with the punks nobody wants and have to overpay on top of it.

Not sure how they'll make their lines but their forward group is pretty good now considering their up and coming youth/Okposo doesn't regress.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

That was a great move for them. That's hardly overpaying for Grabovski, he's undervalued because he's a **** and his last two teams were inept. He was the only Washington forward besides Ovechkin and Backstrom last year with good possession numbers.

Kulemin is nothing special, but his recent numbers are the victim of Toronto being a joke. A two way winger who plays with a little bit of physicality?

Those are great moves, a slight overpayment for a team who is under the salary floor. Snow is often a joke but every so often he makes an amazing move that people only appreciate late on - this looks like one of them to be.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 27m
Jonas Siegel on the Leafs Report podcast saying that a Leaf player who has played for Randy the past couple of years...

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 25m
...said Carlyle's constant answer to everything was for them to compete harder. It was always: compete, compete, compete

Now official: Randy Carlyle is in fact Guy Carbonneau.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 27m
Jonas Siegel on the Leafs Report podcast saying that a Leaf player who has played for Randy the past couple of years...

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 25m
...said Carlyle's constant answer to everything was for them to compete harder. It was always: compete, compete, compete

Now official: Randy Carlyle is in fact Guy Carbonneau.

Remains to be seen if his last resort to a losing streak is going bowling.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Islanders did pretty well, IMO.

Definitely a better team going forward, still need some defensemen though.

Would help them to have Moulson and their first. Just like it would help us to have Collberg and our second.

Sometimes in hockey, like other businesses, you have to take a calculated risk. In their case, it was all for naught. We got to the ECF due in a large part to Vanek.

We also learned to absolutely not chase him at FA. That's also an asset.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Vrbata signed in Vancouver. 5 millions per, 2 years. Not that bad.

I would've signed him at this term (2 years), but I don't care.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Islanders sign both Grabovsi an Kulemin, thus adding more arguments to confirm my suspiscion that Garth Snow is a much better GM than people think he is.
It's easier to do that sort of stuff when you have essentially unlimited cap space and unlimited room for improvement, though. And you just blew your 1st in 2015 for nothing and have extreme motivation to not suck quite so badly again. :dunno:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
The Kulemin deal is one of the most insane signings I've ever seen. I bet you Kulemin doesn't even believe he hit this Garth Snow jackpot yet.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
The Kulemin deal is one of the most insane signings I've ever seen. I bet you Kulemin doesn't even believe he hit this Garth Snow jackpot yet.

It's up there, that's for sure. But it seems to be the year of insane signings.

Pouliot for 5 years 20mil
Orpik for 5 years at 5.5 mil
Niskanen for 7 years at almost 6mil
Bolland for 5 years at 5.5mil

And the worst, Engelland for 3 years at almost 3mil! I thought he'd be a good option as #7 for the habs at 1 or 2 years at less than 1mil. What the hell were Calgary thinking?

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Reimer files for arbitration. With only 14 players under contract, this hanging over the team, and no market for Reimer, Leafs are going to be dipping into the UFA bargain bin to fill out their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad