The Out of Town Thread LXXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
A sweep at MSG would be so great.

Would really add credence to when we all said that that pathetic Wales trophy team pic with **** eating grins would be their last happy moment.

BTW, where do the allegiances lie within the celebrity bandwagon in this scenario. NY/LA...yikes, they could really get skewered...if they actually gave a ****.

No cup for you Lundy, your white gloves don't make you a magician. I'm sure tomorrow he'll be back to modelling. "The hottest 2nd place goalie in hockey."

I feel bad for Marty though.

Oh wait, no I f'ing don't.

GO KINGS GO!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
St Louis has a Cup. Whatever.

I hope the Kings win the series, but a part of me wants to see a close series. Fans saying that the West is so much better than the East is dumb. The Kings are so much better than the Rangers, sure, but if the Blackhawks won, I think both Montreal and New York would have matched up nicely against them.

The top teams in the league are all pretty even for the most part... just that the Kings are a step or two above the rest.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
St Louis has a Cup. Whatever.

I hope the Kings win the series, but a part of me wants to see a close series. Fans saying that the West is so much better than the East is dumb. The Kings are so much better than the Rangers, sure, but if the Blackhawks won, I think both Montreal and New York would have matched up nicely against them.

The top teams in the league are all pretty even for the most part... just that the Kings are a step or two above the rest.

I think Montreal/New York against Chicago would have been an exciting series.

But the Habs and Rags don't match-up well at all against LA. Boston could have made this series close though.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A sweep at MSG would be so great.

Would really add credence to when we all said that that pathetic Wales trophy team pic with **** eating grins would be their last happy moment.

BTW, where do the allegiances lie within the celebrity bandwagon in this scenario. NY/LA...yikes, they could really get skewered...if they actually gave a ****.

No cup for you Lundy, your white gloves don't make you a magician. I'm sure tomorrow he'll be back to modelling. "The hottest 2nd place goalie in hockey."

I feel bad for Marty though.

Oh wait, no I f'ing don't.

GO KINGS GO!

Love this post - it's exactly how I feel. I don't actually hate the Rangers themselves, but when their fans started giggling like drunken 14-year-olds who just had their first beer, pretending Price's injury made no difference, over-inflating their team into destiny's child, I was done with them.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I want a sweep so trades happen sooner. Don't give any ***** about the finals or what fans on HF say.

Analyzer*

Yeah, whether it's the Rangers, or the habs, this series more than likely ends the same way.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marty St. Louis: 'Was anyone more loyal?'

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hockey/lightning/marty-st-louis-was-anyone-more-loyal/2183737

St. Louis asked for a trade, he asked to leave his home of 14 years, he asked to leave a place that he admitted Tuesday that "I really, really love" because he no longer could believe in a man who no longer believed in him.

Yes, there were family considerations and career ramifications, but St. Louis would still be in Tampa Bay if he had not been initially left off the Canadian Olympic team by Team Canada executive director and Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman.

That's it. That's pretty much what it was all about. Being left off the Canadian Olympic team by Yzerman.

His dream was crushed, his confidence was shattered. The player who had always been told he wasn't good enough was told, once again, that he wasn't good enough. This time by his own boss, one of the greatest hockey players of all time.

He was devastated.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
St.Louis' reputation has taken a beating the last 4-5 months and rightfully so. Putting all that on Yzerman is crazy, not like he by himself made all the decisions for Team Canada.

I lost a lot of respect for him.

Grow up, Marty. You even ended up there and didn't do a thing.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

:laugh:

So easy to bash on the guy sitting behind your computer.

How many canadians had more points than MSL in his the last 10 years and it's not like he is slowing down. He's still producing at a PPG rate yet your boss thinks your not good enough to make the national team and theres at least 12-14 players better than him?

Like he said, he gave everything he got to the Lightning. Who was more loyal? He won them a cup, he's their best player of their franchise. Now he's getting older and it was his last chance to play for his country, he is still one of the best player in the league yet his boss chose to ignore him in his team and put a one leg-nowhere-near ready-Stamkos over him, he also chose Nash, Marleau and Kunitz over him.

Seriously, how would YOU feel if you know deep down inside you are better than many of the players chosen and it was your last chance to play for your country yet you're being ignore by your OWN boss who does not believe in you? If you say he was acting like a kid and lack maturity, then I guess you don't have much pride.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Love this post - it's exactly how I feel. I don't actually hate the Rangers themselves, but when their fans started giggling like drunken 14-year-olds who just had their first beer, pretending Price's injury made no difference, over-inflating their team into destiny's child, I was done with them.

No different than other teams fans in the same situation including Habs fans.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

I don't think he cares. What is your respect worth anyways? Don't like how Marty went about things but he has built up enough respect to at least respect him as a player. Find it funny when fans tell decorated athletes that they lost their respect. Who cares?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well, I'm sure there were other considerations. But yes, Marty was snubbed all his life, basically. I can understand that, at this point, being snubbed once more was just too much.

He's 38, already had Olympic appearance, Stanley Cup ring, All-Star game appearances 6 times, two Art Ross, one Lester B Pearson, one Hart, three lady Bing.

You'd imagine he would have liked to added Olympic Gold to his list of awards, but to flat out ask a trade because of not being originally selected??? That is way too much of a b---h move. What a big freaking baby.

To pin this on Yzerman was not only stupid, but even if Stevie Y didn't want him there, to make this personal was just flat out childish.

We were always told how St-Louis was this amazing team player. I wonder how Lightning players that he decided to turn his back to feel about that. Just as Stamkos is coming back, with TB that managed to stay afloat, he decides to throw a hissy fit?

I think a lot of people, if not everybody, lost a ton of respect for St-Louis as a person with the way he reacted. What a stupid baby.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think he cares. What is your respect worth anyways? Don't like how Marty went about things but he has built up enough respect to at least respect him as a player. Find it funny when fans tell decorated athletes that they lost their respect. Who cares?

You think people here are talking to St-Louis? They are talking among themselves.
It's just a way of speaking. Nobody here thinks this will be reported to MSL..

People are just discussing his move. That's all.
I mean, otherwise, why discuss anything? Who cares if you think Max is a floater? Or if Therrien should change this vs that, or anything that is being discussed here. Does any of it actually matter? Of course not. They're all just discussions.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Cry me a river st. Louis. Better players than you were left off

In the end he still got on the team, won a gold medal and yet still wanted out of Tampa because he was butthurt his boss couldn't get him on Team Canada initially. If this had happened with a Habs player this board would've exploded. :nod:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
St.Louis' reputation has taken a beating the last 4-5 months and rightfully so. Putting all that on Yzerman is crazy, not like he by himself made all the decisions for Team Canada.

So true. And that article flat out makes him look worse. Of all the people I previously wouldn't have expected to have a hissy fit like he did, was MSL.

Yes, even I thought he should have been there over Kunitz (in retrospect, I the initial roster was frigging perfect, MSL replaced Stamkos, highly doubt it got any better). That even includes the decision not to play PK. I'm ok with it and see why it was done. Gold baby, in resounding fashion. Yzerman and co. were amazing.

I thought it was mostly rumours (i.e., the reason he left) or talking points that weren't fully confirmed. The fact that it's true. Yeah, that's pretty pathetic. I will be bold for a second, invoking the holy word of "character", as well as saying something contentious. If the situation was exactly the same with Brian Gionta (I know...), I cannot see him pulling the same crap.

Why does anyone say ANYTHING on these boards? It's a board. It's no different than saying "DD sucks", "Price wouldn't have made a difference", "We have to unload Markov", etc.

Why do you care that other people post that they've lost respect for him?

Very 'defender of anything rangers' these days;)

He's 38, already had Olympic appearance, Stanley Cup ring, All-Star game appearances 6 times, two Art Ross, one Lester B Pearson, one Hart, three lady Bing.

You'd imagine he would have liked to added Olympic Gold to his list of awards, but to flat out ask a trade because of not being originally selected??? That is way too much of a b---h move. What a big freaking baby.

To pin this on Yzerman was not only stupid, but even if Stevie Y didn't want him there, to make this personal was just flat out childish.

We were always told how St-Louis was this amazing team player. I wonder how Lightning players that he decided to turn his back to feel about that. Just as Stamkos is coming back, with TB that managed to stay afloat, he decides to throw a hissy fit?

I think a lot of people, if not everybody, lost a ton of respect for St-Louis as a person with the way he reacted. What a stupid baby.

^this. A million times this.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

And we got another one.

That baby wants to be part of the national team for the last time of his career. What a baby. Did the baby deserve to be on that team? Absolutely.

When your own boss is the one that has the most power to chose that roster and doesn't believe that you can help his team, how would you feel Kriss. I guess you would say that you would be completely indifferent for being snubbed by your boss so you can stand by your argument.

Maybe it does not have anything to do with being childish and immaturity but more with pride and loyalty.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Marty, you should be preparing for the game tonight, not talking to randoms on a hockey board.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And we got another one.

That baby wants to be part of the national team for the last time of his career. What a baby. Did the baby deserve to be on that team? Absolutely.

When your own boss is the one that has the most power to chose that roster and doesn't believe that you can help his team, how would you feel Kriss. I guess you would say that you would be completely indifferent for being snubbed by your boss so you can stand by your argument.

Maybe it does not have anything to do with being childish and immaturity but more with pride and loyalty.

Wasn't he the guy that was passed over his entire career until he broke out? That's his MO as a guy of tiny stature. Yet somehow, this was the final straw? He's 38, they decided to go younger, who cares? Did PK cry being benched despite winning the Norris and being clearly better than guys like Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester and Hamhuis? No.

It's even worse when instead of manning up and giving the real reason, he uses his family as an excuse. "Well they live in the New York area". Really? Somehow you've been in Tampa for 10 years but your family being in New York is only an issue now?

He acted like a child.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So many harsh words for a guy who until that day, was nothing but class and dedication to the game and his team. One episode and boum...he's a baby. So yes, that Team Canada episode seemed to have been really important for him. Somehow, some in here seems to know what was said behind closed doors betwen Yzerman and St.Louis, we have no idea what kind of discussions they both had....but that seems to me the type of ending that we also witnessed here between Roy and Tremblay. Both "big babies" yet, I think, deserved some respect for their past achievement, just like, we in our respective work, also deserved some respect. Yet, at the workplace they are in, they have the luxury to ask for a trade. A team can just let go players they don't like, players can ask for trades. St.Louis was there for a lot of years, didn't ask for trades when TBay decided to get rid of Richards....and Lecavalier. Was still playing for that team with the same fire than he had in the past.

So that event occurs....we do not know how it went between Yzerman and him...is there SOMETHING else that both parties decided not to talk about, we don't know....but he sees the opportunity to move on and ask for a trade. Should he have asked it before when that team was pretty mediocre...maybe....but he didn't do it then.

It obviously doesn't look so good especially if we decide to base our opinion on that sole event, and then it's even worst when we believe that Yzerman always wanted ST.Louis on the team and the only thing that St.Louis could hate Yzerman, is for the latter to not have been more persuasive.....But I would still be terribly surprised that it's exactly how it happened, especially from a guy who had nothing to do with being childish during all of his career and was only a model of hard work, dedication and loyalty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad