The Out of Town Thread LXXVII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...I honestly think we can handle Tampa pretty well, especially with Bishop showing that he's coming down to Earth in the last couple weeks...and I want the B's in the 2nd round...:yo:

PricePkPatch*

Stamkos and Callahan are the only things that really concern me about Tampa Bay, but Bishop is having a good year I suppose (obviously the best of his career so far). Thing is, with 0 playoff games on his resume it's hard to worry about what he'll do in crunch time.

Bishop always played well against us.

And Bishop's lack of playoff record is by no mean a sign of a potentially failing playoff record. For all we know, he's awesome in crunch-time.

We know Stamkos. We can handle Stamkos. Not so sure about Bishop.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Now, I believe in the 2nd round they get re-seeded and go from there eliminating the divisional rivals but I'm not 100% sure. I'll pretend like that's the way it is and continue on with some predictions because if I don't, I'll have to do school work and I'd rather procrastinate.

I don't think they re-seed. So we play the winner of the BOS/WC in the division finals for sure.

I don't mind. Actually, it would be nice to have a BOS/DET matchup and a serie going to 7 games.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Bishop always played well against us.

And Bishop's lack of playoff record is by no mean a sign of a potentially failing playoff record. For all we know, he's awesome in crunch-time.

We know Stamkos. We can handle Stamkos. Not so sure about Bishop.

And for all we know, he could have a bad first game and be ruined for the series. That is, of course, the other side to how "pressure" works. He has done well against us, though, as well as the Red Wings.

dreamingofdrouin*

Personally I think the final standings will draw these match ups in the first round.

Boston (H) vs. CBJ - Boston will probably win this easily and give them momentum and confidence unfortunately but if Bob can get hot and the D holds up it could go 6-7.

Pittsburgh (H) vs. Detroit - Pittsburgh wins in 7 with Fleury very shaky again and everyone in Pitt panicking.

Montreal (H) vs. Tampa Bay - Montreal wins in 6, I just don't think Bishop will be great and Price has a lot to prove and is coming off the gold medal where he was great. Also, the offence is going to click and Tampa's D is vastly overrated by how well Bishop played this year.

New York (H) vs. Philadelphia - Rangers win in 7 because Mason vs. Lundqvist, no other way around it.

Now, I believe in the 2nd round they get re-seeded and go from there eliminating the divisional rivals but I'm not 100% sure. I'll pretend like that's the way it is and continue on with some predictions because if I don't, I'll have to do school work and I'd rather procrastinate.

2nd round:

Boston (H) vs. New York - Boston in 7 games because they make me sick and the thought of them getting eliminated is just too good to be true!

Pittsburgh (H) vs. Montreal - Full Fleury collapse ladies and gentlemen, Montreal in 5 and Vanek scores 7 goals in those 5 games and Price has a sparkling .945 sv% shutting down the big boys with Subban logging 30 mins a night. Crosby releases a DVD documentary set where he just sits in front of the camera and cries nonstop.

The ECF of everyone's dreams. It's finally happened, they're meeting outside of the 1st round with a trip to the finals on the line and I won't predict it except for a few points. Marchand and Gallagher will fight in at least 2 games and Subban will draw at least 7 penalties.

Exciting times boys, exciting times!

only the wild cards stay in the wrong division if thats the division they started out in.

We win and boston wins and we face boston...so it would be nice to see detroit or philly finish in that 2nd wildcard spot. i think they would be the most trouble for the bruins.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
only the wild cards stay in the wrong division if thats the division they started out in.

We win and boston wins and we face boston...so it would be nice to see detroit or philly finish in that 2nd wildcard spot. i think they would be the most trouble for the bruins.

Yup, I'm hoping the Wings get in, hopefully Zetterberg and Datsyuk return and they make the Bruins sweat!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Personally I think the final standings will draw these match ups in the first round.

Boston (H) vs. CBJ - Boston will probably win this easily and give them momentum and confidence unfortunately but if Bob can get hot and the D holds up it could go 6-7.

Pittsburgh (H) vs. Detroit - Pittsburgh wins in 7 with Fleury very shaky again and everyone in Pitt panicking.

Montreal (H) vs. Tampa Bay - Montreal wins in 6, I just don't think Bishop will be great and Price has a lot to prove and is coming off the gold medal where he was great. Also, the offence is going to click and Tampa's D is vastly overrated by how well Bishop played this year.

New York (H) vs. Philadelphia - Rangers win in 7 because Mason vs. Lundqvist, no other way around it.

2nd round:

Boston (H) vs. New York - Boston in 7 games because they make me sick and the thought of them getting eliminated is just too good to be true!

Pittsburgh (H) vs. Montreal - Full Fleury collapse ladies and gentlemen, Montreal in 5 and Vanek scores 7 goals in those 5 games and Price has a sparkling .945 sv% shutting down the big boys with Subban logging 30 mins a night. Crosby releases a DVD documentary set where he just sits in front of the camera and cries nonstop.

The ECF of everyone's dreams. It's finally happened, they're meeting outside of the 1st round with a trip to the finals on the line and I won't predict it except for a few points. Marchand and Gallagher will fight in at least 2 games and Subban will draw at least 7 penalties.

lmao! :laugh:

true story too

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not much happening on HF today so I wandered over to the Bruins board and read some of their PGT from the Habs game.. All I'll say is Chris Nilan kept calling Lucic a buffoon yesterday on TSN690 and after reading that thread I'll say there are many Milan Lucic's over there..

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I am up in Labrador. The population seems to be a hodgepodge of people mainly from all over Atlantic Canada, with somewhat of a Newfoundlander majority. The Habs seem to be the main team up here, although Toronto and Boston are probably tied for second. Maybe people on the island are a bit more cocky about Toronto, but up here they just seem seem miserable about the fact that they are fans of a team that isn't accomplishing anything :laugh:

I'm up in Labrador City I find when Leafs are winning you see a lot more Leafs fans :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

2nd round:

That would be impossible.

Teams stay within their own divisions in the first two rounds. If both Montreal and Boston win, they play each other in the 2nd round. There is no reseeding.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

2nd round:

Boston (H) vs. Montreal - Tuukka Rask goes through a record 33 goalie sticks in the series and Montreal wins in 6 games. Lucic and Chara implode on themselves and become the entity formally known as Prince.

Pittsburgh (H) vs. New York - Full Fleury collapse ladies and gentlemen, Rangers in 5 and St-Louis scores 7 goals in those 5 games and Lundqvist has a sparkling .945 sv% shutting down the big boys with McDonagh logging 30 mins a night. Crosby releases a DVD documentary set where he just sits in front of the camera and cries nonstop.

Montreal vs. Rangers in the ECF and I edited this because the new playoff format is stupid and dumb and Montreal could end up playing the 3rd and 1st ranked teams in the East while Rangers could end up playing the 6th and 2nd while being ranked lower. Makes sense to me

Edited

PricePkPatch*

every game the habs and bolts played this year was close. 2-1 games both goalies had good numbers

Aye. I am sure the Bolts fear Price much moer than we fear Bishop.

I am just saying: Bishop is the imponderable. He's the question mark that could make us crash down

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
London is hosting the Mem cup so this does nothing in the long run, plus Patterson is their #1 goalie. Not sure why Stolarz was even playing.

Stolarz is London's #1 goalie. Patterson only played because Stolarz was hurt. Patterson is a terrible goalie and this will hurt London big time next round.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Stolarz is London's #1 goalie. Patterson only played because Stolarz was hurt. Patterson is a terrible goalie and this will hurt London big time next round.

Well they traded for Patterson to play but I guess I havent paid a lot of attention to London. Either way, worse scenario is they get put out in round 2 and sit and wait for the Memorial Cup.

I don't think London wins the O with him anyway, gunna be my hometown Storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad