The Out of Town Thread LXXVII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Rangers, Philly, Washington and Detroit all lost or are about to lose. Now we need the Leafs to lose tonight!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Got tired of the asshats at ESPN taking forever to update their site (and scoreboards) to bring within last 5 years of web development trends, so I spent a few hours with Stylebot and this is what I came up with:

Before: http://i.imgur.com/ss8SmtF.png

After: http://i.imgur.com/yI3AXMj.png

Basically cleaned it up a bit, used space better and made it more visual.

If anyone wants the style, it's right here: http://pastebin.com/SsmbtB6b

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Lol Leafs are being outshot 28-7 overall and 14-1 in this period. Down 4-1 now.

I thought we played bad against the Sharks, but this is ridiculous!

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
It's so sad that this joke of a team in Toronto is in front of us... Please come back price!

they get outshot so much every game.. Nice to see them actually finally lose a game they deserve instead of somehow pulling a huge fluke win like always

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Lol Leafs are being outshot 28-7 overall and 14-1 in this period. Down 4-1 now.

I thought we played bad against the Sharks, but this is ridiculous!

Leafs get outshot almost every game but this is utterly ridiculous..But as a Bruin fan, I better watch what I say about the Leafs. Because Bruins play terrible every time they play the Habs. I take nothing away from Montreal in saying that. But those of you who know me know I don't post disrespect..

Speaking of disrespect, I think that's why Bruins play so lousy vs Montreal. Seems to me the Habs get up for Bruin games because of the wonderful traditional rivalry that I love truly...Personally I think its the best in all sports. Yet to me my Bruins don't seem to acknowledge it at all. Man, It ticks me off bigtime. Because every time Bos Plays Mon, I look forward to another game between those two old rivals. Yet I come away disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, not because they lost, but the way they lost..Zero effort is what gets me..So tomorrow night I'm hoping it'll be different cause rest assured, the place will be rocking and just maybe, it might give them a little life.. All the very best of Health to you and your families. And I hope you guys soon get Carey back. One good thing about it. He's getting a nice break before post season!! Cheers my friends and hope your still around Whitesnake!!! I haven't posted a lot lately. Sorry to report my health hasn't been the greatest here of late...This 50+ body better get rocking soon, cause I don't need no rocking chair like Good Ole George Jones!!

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Phaneuf just lit up JVR...

This Sharks team is real good. Better than I gave them credit for. Real fast, great puck movement. I know tge West is tough but if they are at their best...hard to see a team beating them. I guess you could say that about a few teams.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
AnxiousGlitteringKawala.gif

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Thought the league was trying to cut down on blindside hits.. is that suspendable :sarcasm: tried a hit ala Subban and failed..

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I don't know why I thought that #51 was DD.
I've watched too much DD and now that number is forever linked to him, THANKS MT

Although DD would look pretty good on that jersey :sarcasm:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It's so sad that this joke of a team in Toronto is in front of us... Please come back price!

they get outshot so much every game.. Nice to see them actually finally lose a game they deserve instead of somehow pulling a huge fluke win like always

Why? They are a team with holes just like us.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

We are playing the exact same way Toronto is. Funny that such a crappy coached team can be 3rd right?:sarcasm:

Jesse Alexander

Feb 6, 2014
We are playing the exact same way Toronto is. Funny that such a crappy coached team can be 3rd right?:sarcasm:

Habs-Sharks 5-on-5 Corsi was: 41% to 59%

Leafs-Sharks 5-on-5 Corsi was 26% to 74%

The frickin Leafs are winning the race to the bottom!

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Leafs get outshot almost every game but this is utterly ridiculous..But as a Bruin fan, I better watch what I say about the Leafs. Because Bruins play terrible every time they play the Habs. I take nothing away from Montreal in saying that. But those of you who know me know I don't post disrespect..

Speaking of disrespect, I think that's why Bruins play so lousy vs Montreal. Seems to me the Habs get up for Bruin games because of the wonderful traditional rivalry that I love truly...Personally I think its the best in all sports. Yet to me my Bruins don't seem to acknowledge it at all. Man, It ticks me off bigtime. Because every time Bos Plays Mon, I look forward to another game between those two old rivals. Yet I come away disappointed. Now don't get me wrong, not because they lost, but the way they lost..Zero effort is what gets me..So tomorrow night I'm hoping it'll be different cause rest assured, the place will be rocking and just maybe, it might give them a little life..

Man, if you changed this post to be about how I feel when the Habs play the Leafs, it'd be bang on as well.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes · 13m
Basically, anything less than a 12-4-1 record and the Sens are in serious jeopardy of missing playoffs.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Habs-Sharks 5-on-5 Corsi was: 41% to 59%

Leafs-Sharks 5-on-5 Corsi was 26% to 74%

The frickin Leafs are winning the race to the bottom!

Prior to this game, the Leafs were 14-3-3 in their last 20 games meanwhile the Habs are 9-8-3 in their last 20 games. That is a higher winning percentage for the Leafs. The Leafs are doing something lately but it doesn't look like a race to the bottom. If the Habs are going to win the position race, they need to get their motor going.

Corsi is a method of collecting data but needs correct analysis and interpetation, one data comparison of a losing game is not necessarily indicative of what is really happening. Besides, if you want to look at these things correctly, the data/stat of scoring more goals than your opponents in a game wins the game regardless of anything else you may want to rely on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad