The Out of Town Thread LXXVI - All News & Talk from Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Weren't the refs like really slow to stop play on Peverley's collapse? If one of the two teams starts to become real agitated and yelling and the coaches are waving their arms wildly and the guys are pounding their sticks on the boards and JUMPING ON THE ICE TO STOP THE PLAY...

Took them 20 seconds to take it seriously? Did the referee that is behind the play who probably was seeing this happen right in front of him think they were acting?

Hope Peverley is okay.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow, he was reanimated with a defibrillator.....He totally went into cardiac arrest.....Then, when reanimated, he immediately said he was okay, knew where he was, and wanted to go back playing....:amazed:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Weren't the refs like really slow to stop play on Peverley's collapse? If one of the two teams starts to become real agitated and yelling and the coaches are waving their arms wildly and the guys are pounding their sticks on the boards and JUMPING ON THE ICE TO STOP THE PLAY...

Took them 20 seconds to take it seriously? Did the referee that is behind the play who probably was seeing this happen right in front of him think they were acting?

Hope Peverley is okay.

Have no idea why it took so long. I mean, even watching the replay, there was way too much strange noise coming from the bench to not look at it and do something about it way much sooner. But then, it's not like something like that happens often so I guess they were stunned for a while.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
? Isn't that an exagerration?

The guy had to be operated for this. When something has to be fixed with an operation, has to mean it was something to be done. And if the operation wasn't enough......not sure how they'll be able to let him play. But hey.....we never know. Maybe they'll find something to do that wasn't done before. Not sure you can play regularly at that high level with an irregular heartbeat that it might be tough to fix....

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The guy had to be operated for this. When something has to be fixed with an operation, has to mean it was something to be done. And if the operation wasn't enough......not sure how they'll be able to let him play. But hey.....we never know. Maybe they'll find something to do that wasn't done before. Not sure you can play regularly at that high level with an irregular heartbeat that it might be tough to fix....

reminds me of Goulet. stopped playing because of it.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Damn it, TB ties it up with 30 seconds left so they'll be 2 points behind us with a game in hand at worst, maybe 1 point behind us.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
They say bad news comes in threes - I also believe it works the other way. Let's hope Peverley being okay is the start of good news in regards to Trafford and Bozon.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Wait, it was his THIRD cardiac event this year, he was also scratched because of one LAST WEEK.

I understand the guy wants to play. But if they let him back out there and he dies, I hope the Dallas medical staff gets sued for malpractice and get their licenses removed.

Unbelievable! Haven't we learned ****ing anything from Cherepanov and Zholtok? They died on the bench. How about, let's NOT see if Peverley makes it through a fourth time.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Ottawa ties it up, 3 points tonight for Hemsky. They probably still won't make the playoffs but he's giving them a hell of a shot at it.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Would Hemsky have been a better pick up than Vanek?

Have to ask.

I doubt it, Hemsky's hot right now but he's not Joe Thornton so he won't be doing this every game. Besides, most of these assists he's getting are secondary.

Also, Phoenix wins it in a shootout! Bolts only get 1 point

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Thank you Nashville! Too bad Ottawa and Tampa got points, but at least they only got one.

Now we need for the Ducks to beat Toronto in regulation

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Now... GO DUCKS GO! QUACK QUACK QUACK MOTHER ****ER!

Hopefully, Anaheim trounce the Laffs and Perry goes ape **** on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad