The Out of Town Thread LXXVI - All News & Talk from Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I'd be shocked if he ever played hockey again - you don't take the chance. Jiri Fischer never played again.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
It's his second cardiac event this season, he had one at training camp too...

Maybe he has blood pressure issues like Claire Lamarche (a local TV host) has. She collapsed right in the middle of an electoral debate live on the french CBC.

Ok thanks. It comes at a weird time, yesterday I slept 4 hours and am tired and decided to not go to GYM because I was afraid something like this might happen. Sports are demanding for cardio, you have to be well rested and if you have a heart condition, it becomes very complicated.

Anyways, hope ducks win

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Wait, it was his THIRD cardiac event this year, he was also scratched because of one LAST WEEK.

I understand the guy wants to play. But if they let him back out there and he dies, I hope the Dallas medical staff gets sued for malpractice and get their licenses removed.

Unbelievable! Haven't we learned ****ing anything from Cherepanov and Zholtok? They died on the bench. How about, let's NOT see if Peverley makes it through a fourth time.

Yeah, I can't imagine Peverley will play another game. How could his doctors and management ever send him back on the ice in good conscience? And forget morality - it would be legally irresponsible to allow him to play.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Ugh, hopefully the Ducks can come back like the Flyers did on Saturday, except actually win it this time!

Gazou

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
Wait, it was his THIRD cardiac event this year, he was also scratched because of one LAST WEEK.

I understand the guy wants to play. But if they let him back out there and he dies, I hope the Dallas medical staff gets sued for malpractice and get their licenses removed.

Unbelievable! Haven't we learned ****ing anything from Cherepanov and Zholtok? They died on the bench. How about, let's NOT see if Peverley makes it through a fourth time.

Apparently you have little knowledge of medicine, just let the professionals do their jobs

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
This must be one of the quickest falls from serious Cup contenders for multiple years to well, this is just embarrassment.

I don't know if there is a worse run organization right now. With goalie controversies almost yearly, Kesler supposed trade trade request.

Dale Weise had issues with Torts and with the how things are going in Canuck, I'm thinking he wasn't the only one

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Apparently you have little knowledge of medicine, just let the professionals do their jobs

The professionals had to apply a defibrillator and Ruff was giving them credit for essentially saving Peverley's life. That is quite close to the edge. When you have to apply a defibrillator to the heart, the victim was damn close to dying.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
How do the Ducks have such a good record.. Really not impressed with that team. No way can they beat any of the Kings, Blues, Hawks, Sharks. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs beat them in a 7 game series.

Scary stuff with Peverley. Sounds like he recovered well.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
The Canucks free fall is something else...and they looked good earlier in the season.

It really is. A concerted effort, from ownership down to the backup (now #1) goalie. Speaking of which, Lack looked like a sieve in the 3rd.

Coaching staff and GM are out the door the day the season ends.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'd be shocked if he ever played hockey again - you don't take the chance. Jiri Fischer never played again.

Well, it could be different. The Doctors never established what caused Fischer's cardiac arrest. So, if you don't know what caused it, it's tough to work towards preventing it.
He also kept suffering complications after he left the hospital. Fischer was never medically cleared to play again.

If they can find the cause of it for Peverley, they can maybe prevent more from happening. But yes, with the little info we have right now, I'd bet on him not playing anymore either.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Right now, the Leafs are a better team than we are, unfortunately.

And nobody is happier about it than you, of course.

Can't believe the outcome of that Nucks/Isles game. I went to bed when it was 3-0 VAN and thought well, at least they're finally going to win a game. What a disaster that team is.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The Peverley thing really scares me. For my whole life, I've always had a weird heartbeat. My RHR is over 100 bpm and nobody knows why.

I've had tests done, including an echocardiogram which showed nothing wrong with the structure of my heart, and while it beats fast, there isn't anything abnormal with the rythym.

I was pretty out of shape, though it was like that even when I used to be in shape. I started running and now I run 5km 4 times a week. It's a bit better now, sometimes it goes down to 60 bpm, but still is often around 90-100. Doctors have no clue, and I hate hearing about these professional athletes suffering from strokes and heart attacks because they probably had even more in depth testing than I did, and this still happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad