The Out of Town Thread CVI - Congratulations Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think it's actually the exact opposite as it used to be. The Habs don't need to be bigger. They need talented players that actually have talent. Not pretenders like DD and Weise in the top 6.

I don't think anubody sees Weise as a top 6 guy, but he had to play there because Parenteau **** the bed this year. He was expected to score 20 and put up 50 points and he got hurt and didn't produce when he was healthy.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I thought the habs played as best as they could with what they had against Tampa. What ultimately made the difference was the quality of their best forwards. Even when the habs were outshooting them and limiting their chances, you felt like Tampa had as much of a chance of winning the game as the habs simply because they had much more individual skills and guys who could make the difference with one shot.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I thought the habs played as best as they could with what they had against Tampa. What ultimately made the difference was the quality of their best forwards. Even when the habs were outshooting them and limiting their chances, you felt like Tampa had as much of a chance of winning the game as the habs simply because they had much more individual skills and guys who could make the difference with one shot.

Montreal lost to Tampa because of special teams. No other reason.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
The OOT topic has become really In Town...

The Kostitsyns want back in the NHL.

I'd give them a camp invite and 1M a year each for one year conditional on them making the team.

Sure Andrei has the IQ of a turnip and Sergei is sort of a punk, but always had a soft spot for them.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Embarassing fashion? With two losses on a missed offside call in OT and a buzzer beater?

Keep this up, champ.

Mustering 1 goal in the most important game of the year with some of the laziest play I have ever seen. Why don't you haul out your big book of excuses, maybe blame the grandma who didnt cheer loud enough while your at it. You sound like a Boston fan "champ" with your pathetic tears.

Excuse his exuberance.

Pierre Gauthier is a Cup winning genius once again.;)

If you're here who is defending desharnais honor while simultaneously ******** on PK? Clearly you have your bias straight :D

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The OOT topic has become really In Town...

The Kostitsyns want back in the NHL.

I'd give them a camp invite and 1M a year each for one year conditional on them making the team.

Sure Andrei has the IQ of a turnip and Sergei is sort of a punk, but always had a soft spot for them.

I don't see either coming back for a 1 year 1 mil deal. The whole point of returning from the KHL is more money and guaranteed money...KHL teams are struggling to live up to their contracts.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli · 28m28 minutes ago
Kent Hughes says #Flyers have not contacted him about buying out Vinny Lecavalier, adding Vinny will not retire "under any circumstances."

Flyers are stuck with an other ugly contract.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The Sens want a top 6 player and a draft pick for either Anderson or Lehner

http://www.tsn.ca/sens-look-to-deal-goalie-pre-draft-1.310681

Good luck with that.

I'd like a magical unicorn that ***** gold but I don't think I'll get that either.

Kent Hughes says #Flyers have not contacted him about buying out Vinny Lecavalier, adding Vinny will not retire "under any circumstances."

I think I heard that Vinny was open to just canceling his contract outright after his July 1 bonus was paid, that why the Flyers and he would just part ways and he'd become a UFA.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

If they keep all but 3.5m, I'd trade DD for him sight unseen.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Any team that trades anything over a 2nd round pick plus mediocre prospect for Bernier, Talbot, Anderson or Lehner are out of their ****ing minds.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well apparently the Oilers are considering the 16th overall for Cam Talbot so maybe they're not out to lunch asking for so much after all.

There are a few goalies out there...Lehner/Anderson Lack Dubnyk and a few others. Can't be 50 teams buying, I would wait out the market.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Tokarski got any market value? :sarcasm:

Also from that TSN article regarding O'Reilly

McKenzie says the odds are in favour of O'Reilly being traded, though a potential deal could hinge on a new contract.

"If I were a betting man, I'd say Ryan O'Reilly is more likely to be traded, but it's not a 100 percent slam dunk that it will happen before the draft or at all," McKenzie concluded.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I want nothing to do with MSL and Lecavalier. We've went that route several times before, I'm sick of the Habs being a pre-retirement destination for local players on their last leg. This screams small time organization that's happy to get whatever it can. We should be above that now. We're one of the top teams in the East, it's time to act accordingly.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I want nothing to do with MSL and Lecavalier. We've went that route several times before, I'm sick of the Habs being a pre-retirement destination for local players on their last leg. This screams small time organization that's happy to get whatever it can. We should be above that now. We're one of the top teams in the East, it's time to act accordingly.

MSL and even Lecavalier have more talent in their one arm than DD, Bouillon and whatever other parastie the Habs dig up out of St Zotique combined.

I want more good French players on this team, MSL would be better than Weise in either case. Lecavalier I dunno, I don't want him here at his salary but for the same term and cap hit as DD... why not? DD is garbage.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Mustering 1 goal in the most important game of the year with some of the laziest play I have ever seen. Why don't you haul out your big book of excuses, maybe blame the grandma who didnt cheer loud enough while your at it. You sound like a Boston fan "champ" with your pathetic tears.

If you're here who is defending desharnais honor while simultaneously ******** on PK? Clearly you have your bias straight :D

Read two posts above the one you made. Special teams hurt the Habs, especially the PK.

You can gloss over that all you want if it helps your state of denial.

Give my regards to Pierre.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
MSL and even Lecavalier have more talent in their one arm than DD, Bouillon and whatever other parastie the Habs dig up out of St Zotique combined.

I want more good French players on this team, MSL would be better than Weise in either case. Lecavalier I dunno, I don't want him here at his salary but for the same term and cap hit as DD... why not? DD is garbage.

if MSL came EXTREMELY cheap for a season.. and it allowed us to get rid of DD for nothing.. I'll say yes.

Other than that.. NO

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You'd prefer Weise on the top line like this year?

I'd rather Frolik..

I don't want another undersized french midget who's on his last leg, draining cap room, forced into the line-up because we can't possibly bare the political back-lash of not using this extravagant french talent in our top 6..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad