The Out of Town Thread CVI - Congratulations Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
'Cause he still made all those saves?

Which ones? He fumbled the puck all first period including on the goal. He also was lost on two occasions and Hawks missed some complete empty nets. Lucky it's not 3-1 for the Hawks.

Capitaine Subban*

I wish we had tanked for almost a decade to have 4+ studs.

willshockey*

Lawson Crouse.. love his game in WJC. Wish we could get him.

Dont have to have high draft picks to contend, Detroit did it for years finding Gems in later rounds, and Anaheim drafted both Getzlaf and Corey Perry Late in Round One..
But fortunately, we have Trevor Timmins.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Why do they insist on playing an injured Bishop? The guy is obviously struggling out there.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Was this mentioned before?

Watching the game and it just dawned on me that if Tampa goes all the way then they will have beaten 4 of the 6 original teams to win the cup.

Detroit
Montreal
New York
Chicago

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Fun fact: The Habs have as many homegrown top 5 draft picks as the Hawks do.

Tanking gives you an early pick in every round, not just the first. Us getting Price from the lottery also made our next round a late pick. They turned Ruutu, a top 10 pick into Ladd. Barker, 3rd overall into Leddy. Got Bolland early in the 2nd in a tank year and flipped him later. Bickell was also acquired from tanking and trading for picks. Flipped one of their tank picks acquired from us for the pick that got them Saad. Traded a top 10 pick in Skille for Frolik. Etc etc. Almost all the depth they've acquired was drafted during tank years or traded from pieces who were drafted during tank years.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
how can you leave an injured goalie in nets??

its making ZERO sense to me, he's potentially hurting his own team by being hindered by something out there, and could mess up any shot

and even making the injury worse by playing thru it

maing no sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad