OT: The Other Sports Thread VII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It seemed to me that experience played factor as the Rams offense looked tentative at times and could not adjust to the Pats defense. Goff certainly didnt seem comfortable tonight and it resulted in an interception at a vital time. One has to wonder how different this game would have been with the Saints and Brees as the opponent.
Different game. Same winner.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Everyone that wanted the Pats to lose is saying the same thing.

I thought it was a great.
Even most Patriots' fans thought it was a bad game. It wasn't even that the defense was great, it was that the offense on both teams with inept.

Pair that with Maroon 5 being the most vanilla, safe, boring band around and it made for a very uninteresting evening of football.

At least my chicken chili was great.

Reactions: overlords

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I do think BB is likely the greatest coach of all time. I couldn't get into the game though, everything was boring for me, the game, the half time show, all of it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I wanna read more about the Pats even if the Super Bowl is done. I want to be able to post of clip of the inevitable beer can hitting the Vince Lombardi trophy, as flung by a drunken fan during the celebrations in Boston.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Different sports. I hate the Bruins , love the Pats and are indifferent toward the Red Sox and Celtics

But yeah it's a bit weird having Bruins fans as allies when i talk football and as enemies when i talk hockey. But hey it is what it is haha

It's not allowed man, figure your shit out.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's not allowed man, figure your **** out.
:laugh:

Been a Habs fan since early 70's. Pats fan since the late 70's. Steve Grogan days. I recall getting laughed at by my buddies at 85 Superbowl party when the Bears trounced the Pats. That was the first trip to the Bowl for New England. Who's laughing now!

My brothers Cowboys and Steelers fans. I was a teen ager and picked Pats for one reason. They wore the same colors as the Canadiens. :nod:

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The city of Bawston with another parade guys........the Sox, now the Pats...this city has had a ton of parades since 2001-present. Got to give their teams and fans their due, it's a sports crazy city, and the fans do an amazing job supporting their teams.

Reactions: PaulD and Runner77

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The city of Bawston with another parade guys........the Sox, now the Pats...this city has had a ton of parades since 2001-present. Got to give their teams and fans their due, it's a sports crazy city, and the fans do an amazing job supporting their teams.
While I agree that it's a great sports town, it's super easy to support teams that consistently win championships. Just look at how many bandwagon fans you see posting on Facebook when the Habs win two playoff games here.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
While I agree that it's a great sports town, it's super easy to support teams that consistently win championships. Just look at how many bandwagon fans you see posting on Facebook when the Habs win two playoff games here.
Agreed...........but the support they get from their fans is crazy...Boston is not even considered a big city, according to most US cities, and they sellout their stadiums for all 4 major sports....amazing....makes me feel dirty even giving those fans credit.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If I lived in the states I would choose Boston. Seems like a great city.

Reactions: BLONG7

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
How can you be a fan of a Boston and Montreal based team?
Montreal doesn't have an NFL team - one of the options is the Patriots. I watch a lot of AFC East and NFC East games - it's pretty normal for Montrealers to root for teams in those divisions - especially the Giants, Jets and Patriots.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Agreed...........but the support they get from their fans is crazy...Boston is not even considered a big city, according to most US cities, and they sellout their stadiums for all 4 major sports....amazing....makes me feel dirty even giving those fans credit.

Greater Boston area is 4.7 million people. Toronto, which is the biggest city in Canada by a country mile is 6.4 million when you add in the surrounding area.

Not a real surprise they can sell out sporting events, 4.7M is a lot of people.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If I lived in the states I would choose Boston. Seems like a great city.

It's beautiful actually. I've visited many times and it's a cool place to visit.

I mean, I hate the Bruins and everything about them from their players to the mortar used to lay their bricks to the arena, but I got no issue with the city, its other teams and the people (other than the Bruins fans on game day).

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'll be in Atlanta next weekend and just picked up a pair of tickets for the AAF game there next Sunday. Second row from the field at at 25 yard line cost me $40 USD per seat. Just in case anyone is wondering what the prices are like. But probably no one is. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's beautiful actually. I've visited many times and it's a cool place to visit.

I mean, I hate the Bruins and everything about them from their players to the mortar used to lay their bricks to the arena, but I got no issue with the city, its other teams and the people (other than the Bruins fans on game day).
Boston and San Diego are my two favourite US cities for sure.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Boston and San Diego are my two favourite US cities for sure.
If you name a top 25-30 metropolitan area in the US I've probably visited or spent time there. That said, I agree on SD. My best friend got married in San Diego and lives there permanently now. I think it's the best place to live in the US personally.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
300 total for 10 years. It's actually not that far off from what Boras was trying to get if memory serves. You had to figure a GM was gonna just cave in at some point.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
UNC@Duke tonight. 9PM EST on TSN2. You should watch.

I'm actually about 50 miles away from Cameron Indoor Stadium right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad