OT: The Other Sports Thread VII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
How crappy is it that Zion Willamson had to leave the game 33 seconds into it. Not that I'm a Duke fan or anything, but his absence resulted in a lot less entertainment value and shifted the competitive balance of the game. This hasn't been the classic I and many others were hoping for.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I wonder how to the Pats fans feel given the massive story of Robert Kraft soliciting prostitutes.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
DeRozan's return to Toronto tonight. Must see TV. If only for the ovation he's going to get (deservedly so) before the game.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
I wonder how to the Pats fans feel given the massive story of Robert Kraft soliciting prostitutes.
Who cares? Ive never been with a prosti but it should be legal and in canada it is 100% legal to sell sexual services just not to solicite them in public places.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Who cares? Ive never been with a prosti but it should be legal and in canada it is 100% legal to sell sexual services just not to solicite them in public places.
Those who are against human trafficing. You must not be one of those who care about a lot of those women being forced into prostitution against their will.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Those who are against human trafficing. You must not be one of those who care about a lot of those women being forced into prostitution against their will.
Human traficking is a travesty, but nowhere is it mentioned he was involved in human trafficking. I've met many many prostitutes throughtout the world their great, mostly very smart and extremely fun to party with, and all of them have gone into it willingly and for the love of money (yes i've asked why their in it and yes i'm the nerd who has heart to heart with prosties).

If you're going to acuse someone of human trafficking because they were with a prostitute then you might as well acuse someone of being a nazi because they bought a volkswagen.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Human traficking is a travesty, but nowhere is it mentioned he was involved in human trafficking. I've met many many prostitutes throughtout the world their great, mostly very smart and extremely fun to party with, and all of them have gone into it willingly and for the love of money (yes i've asked why their in it and yes i'm the nerd who has heart to heart with prosties).

If you're going to acuse someone of human trafficking because they were with a prostitute then you might as well acuse someone of being a nazi because they bought a volkswagen.
Just to be clear, I have never accused Kraft of being involved in human trafficing. But I have heard there were allegations of those women involved with those FLA massage parlors being victims of such. So the ethical issue is still there IMO.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
https://www.tsn.ca/jays-update-guerrero-jr-s-weight-to-250lbs-1.1267525

This is the one thing about the kid that sorta worries me. He's got a bulky frame and his weight is probably always gonna have to be kept under control.

He looks slow as molasse on the base. On the news yesterday they showed a video of him not scoring from 2nd base on a hit and he should have scored easily but it was not even close he was easily out. He really looks out of shape. Wont be that much of a problem as a DH for his first few years but if it's something that doesn't change it will problem shorten his career. It's worrying cause he is a fantastic hitter.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He looks slow as molasse on the base. On the news yesterday they showed a video of him not scoring from 2nd base on a hit and he should have scored easily but it was not even close he was easily out. He really looks out of shape. Wont be that much of a problem as a DH for his first few years but if it's something that doesn't change it will problem shorten his career. It's worrying cause he is a fantastic hitter.
You don't really want a 20 year old to already be a DH though, it's pretty unprecedented. They're working him at third base right now but you need pretty good range at that position, I don't know if it's going to be the right fit. They could try him at LF or 1st base I guess, i.e the Miguel Cabrera model.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
You don't really want a 20 year old to already be a DH though, it's pretty unprecedented. They're working him at third base right now but you need pretty good range at that position, I don't know if it's going to be the right fit. They could try him at LF or 1st base I guess, i.e the Miguel Cabrera model.

“The first thing when I went in was the ice-cream machine,” Guerrero said, with a smile. “I was looking for that. I found out it wasn’t there any more. It’s something I remember pretty much. The first thing every day I came here with my dad, before, during, after games was to eat ice cream from that machine.”

Jays notebook: Guerrero Jr. has sweet memories of Montreal | The Star

Man loves his food.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Man Utd just beat PSG with a decimated midfield in Paris 3-1 hahahhaa. Tears of joy running down my cheeks!

Reactions: peate

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I can't believe there's a real possibility of the Cardinals drafting Kyler Murray first overall. Are all these speculative reports coming out lately just a smokescreen? This can't possibly take place, can it?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shades of Eugene Melnyk ... with even thinner skin:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
OBJ just traded to the Browns as it's been rumored to happen for sometime now.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad