OT: The Other Sports Thread VII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess the whole diva wide receiver gimmick got a bit old on that coaching staff. He's legit very good though, they'll have to replace those yards and TDs somehow.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Another great day for Tennis Canada, Andreescu is now into the semis after destroying major champion Muguruza 6-0 6-1,Raonic going thru the quarters and Shapo just won the 2nd set, now entering the 3rd and decisif set of his match!!! Go Shapo Go!!!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I guess the whole diva wide receiver gimmick got a bit old on that coaching staff. He's legit very good though, they'll have to replace those yards and TDs somehow.
The return is EXCELLENT though. I stand by that, no matter how many "hot takes" out there are poo-pooing this trade for NYG.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Another great day for Tennis Canada, Andreescu is now into the semis after destroying major champion Muguruza 6-0 6-1,Raonic going thru the quarters and Shapo just won the 2nd set, now entering the 3rd and decisif set of his match!!! Go Shapo Go!!!

Adreescu takes 1st set in her Final vs Kerber.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Adreescu youngest to win a tournament of this level since - Hingis, Seles and S Williams. :handclap:

This is Attitude.

Reactions: HabsDood

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Like both Shapovalov and Auger-Aliassime she seems pretty level-headed, which is super important in a sport like tennis . Hopefully she'll manage to keep her focus in spite of all the attention she's going to get now. I hate to put it like this but the fact that she's not a cute blonde girl with a perfect smile might actually be a big plus for her . She might avoid some of the off court distractions.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
the phillies would have paid him more if he asked, too bad as I thought he wanted to play at home at some point. Guess he didn't grow up sleeping in phillies pajamas. :laugh:

'' Mike grew up a die-hard Philadelphia Phillies fan, and attended their World Series parade in 2008.''

Apparently he was crazy about the team growing up ! Life in Orange county is too sweet I guess, can't say I blame him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
'' Mike grew up a die-hard Philadelphia Phillies fan, and attended their World Series parade in 2008.''

Apparently he was crazy about the team growing up !

yea he is good friends with many of the eagles players and goes hunting with Carson Wentz. He grew up not far from philly so since he has season tickets to the eagles the thought was that he would play for the phillies one day.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Chiefs are seemingly a cesspool with first Hunt and now Hill.

The latter is being investigated for multiple offences (battery, child abuse, neglect). It is also rumored KC is looking to ship him outta town.

:thumbd:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What a great way to follow March Madness via TSN Direct!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 2.36.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 2.36.22 PM.png
    837.7 KB · Views: 6

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
PI (both DPI & OPI calls & non-calls) is now reviewable. To be frank, I'm surprised the league moved on it this quickly.

I also do not like the rule change. Should've remained a judgement call IMO.

Jim Daopoulos is hitting it right on the nail right the moment on PTS. It just seems to me that every challenged PI will result in a penalty because we'd have to go by the rulebook then. In reality, every play is subject to PI if we only looked at what the rules are. But that's not what PI is called as and shouldn't be IMO. It should only be called if one of the players involved gains an advantage while committing a foul. Otherwise 90% of plays downfield should result in a flag. Do we really want for that to happen? Or are you one of those who wants to go back in time and revert to a contactless version from years back? This isn't sarcasm, I'm really curious if there are some that want to remove the little physicality we currently have between the receivers and the secondary. Personally, I am in favour of "bump & run".

This is also a Pandora's box. What's next? Reviewable holding calls?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad