OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
The first ever GP with winter tires ;0)

Initial plans had North America late October/November. That would have been risky for sure - official confirmation should be out by July 5th. October 11 should be safe but with how 2020 has been anything is possible. In 1978 Canada GP was held on October 8 when G Villeneuve won the race.

1978 Canadian Grand Prix - Wikipedia

Turkey feasting + F1?

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
The first ever GP with winter tires ;0)
I’m very excited that the season is finally beginning! I hope the battle of the midfield will be close this year.

I still have my tickets from the cancelled F1 weekend and vacation was approved for that week!

But honestly I’m not expecting fans to be able to attend, how do you respect social distancing in the stands of an F1 circuit? Unless they cancel all tickets and issue new ones (in lesser quantity) for October?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Honestly i stopped caring about doping a while ago. The war against doping is now only a political stunt. There's way too many stories like this one : https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/olympic-boxing-fuchs-tumultuous-year-june-13-1.5611258

If having sex is now a valid excuse to test positive then we should just stop testing athletes. Also the amount of North American athletes having an exemption to take prohibited drugs for whatever reason is getting ridiculous.

I saw a documentary a while ago (can't recall which one) saying there was more athletes at the Olympic Games with a respiratory problem taking prescribed drugs than in the normal population. Don't know if it was factual but if yes then it doesn't make sense as it would be super hard to compete at this level with a respiratory problem.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
She's with him for love absolutely no doubt :sarcasm:

He has to have some kind of record for largest gap between children...his first daughter is 65 and then the next two are 31 and 36 and now this new one. Crazy.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He has to have some kind of record for largest gap between children...his first daughter is 65 and then the next two are 31 and 36 and now this new one. Crazy.

- Hey Bobby look here's a picture of your oldest sister. She died when you were 5.
- What did she died of Mom? Car accident? Cancer?
- No Bobby she naturally died of old age.

Man that must be weird.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wish FedEx, Nike and Pepsi actually put their money where their mouth is.

As of right now, all of this is meaningless - just a bunch of PR moves.

Sponsors are all about the PR. They're looking at it from their end, being associated hurts their image. Which is why they choose to do this now with the current social situation. They weren't threatening pulling out of sponsorship before when there wasn't a backlash.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Sponsors are all about the PR. They're looking at it from their end, being associated hurts their image. Which is why they choose to do this now with the current social situation. They weren't threatening pulling out of sponsorship before when there wasn't a backlash.
I believe you have this backwards.

The timing of this only allows for these companies to capitalize on the current socio-political situation in the US. This is why they chose to do this now.

For example, while Nike made a victory lap by removing the WAS team name from its site filters, it is still going to supply the team with equipment at a great discount.

FedEx will continue to hold the naming rights to the WAS arena.

And Pepsi will remain the official provider of soft drinks during games.

Just empty gestures to get on the right side of the investors here.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad