OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A brutally disappointing SNF matchup from the competitive standpoint.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Watching the Niners put a whooping on my beloved Packers was all sorts of painful :facepalm: . It wasn't even close and frankly could have been even worst. I sure wouldn't want to face that defense in the playoffs. This is the best San-Francisco has looked since probably the late 90's.

Reactions: Redux91 and peate

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Watching the Niners put a whooping on my beloved Packers was all sorts of painful :facepalm: . It wasn't even close and frankly could have been even worst. I sure wouldn't want to face that defense in the playoffs. This is the best San-Francisco has looked since probably the late 90's.
I would put the 2011 team above this squad, but, yes, it's close. This year's edition has insanely effective running schemes, but is worse at QB. Defense is a wash IMO (and I only say that cause of Bosa).

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Rams are getting absolutely dismantled at home by the Ravens. I don't think the second half is worth watching at this point, maybe only to see the greatness that Jackson is.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The Rams are getting absolutely dismantled at home by the Ravens. I don't think the second half is worth watching at this point, maybe only to see the greatness that Jackson is.
Ravens are hosting the 49er's next weekend. Hold on black birds, feathers will fly.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
One "Like" for whoever knows what I'm referencing with the updated title of this post.

So Darnold has looked great over the last few weeks. Maybe the Jets could spend all of their money and draft picks on an 0-line and pass defense so they won't be a total embarrassment next year.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
One "Like" for whoever knows what I'm referencing with the updated title of this post.

So Darnold has looked great over the last few weeks. Maybe the Jets could spend all of their money and draft picks on an 0-line and pass defense so they won't be a total embarrassment next year.

that drunk guy from Zack and Miri.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I would put the 2011 team above this squad, but, yes, it's close. This year's edition has insanely effective running schemes, but is worse at QB. Defense is a wash IMO (and I only say that cause of Bosa).
Jimmy G > Alex Smith

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Jimmy G > Alex Smith
That would be my argument as well, Smith can only execute 10 yards or less plays and the whole playbook had to be toned-down a bit because of it. The 2019-20 edition can beat you with both the short and the long game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That would be my argument as well, Smith can only execute 10 yards or less plays and the whole playbook had to be toned-down a bit because of it. The 2019-20 edition can beat you with both the short and the long game.
Smith executed the simple plays, nothing was off-script with him...so in other words, if everything went according to plan on any given play, Smith could execute.

But anything off-script was too much for him to handle.

To me both offenses aren't even close...2019 49ers offense is much more creative and diverse and has more playmakers.

The real debate between the 2011-13 49ers and the 2019 49ers is on Defense...

Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Goldson, Whitner...those years were something else for the Niners.

But this 2019 49ers D-line is ferocious

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I have to say Lamar sure is impressive. He still throws ducks but at least they're accurate ducks. Amazing that he can't throw a tight spiral though, lol.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I have to say Lamar sure is impressive. He still throws ducks but at least they're accurate ducks. Amazing that he can't throw a tight spiral though, lol.
Best QB in the league this season in my book, probably the MVP as well. Baltimore went from the most boring, least imaginative offense to the most fun to watch in 2 years and I couldn't be happier.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Kevin Smith really does have a way with dialogue :laugh: . Too bad he's so hit and miss on pretty much everything else.
I bought tickets to one of the Montreal showings of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. It's $50 and will have a Q&A with him (and Jason Mewes?) afterwards. Even if the movie isn't great, the Q&A should be fun, I hope.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I bought tickets to one of the Montreal showings of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. It's $50 and will have a Q&A with him (and Jason Mewes?) afterwards. Even if the movie isn't great, the Q&A should be fun, I hope.
Oh for sure, he's a great storyteller and he can talk all day, his podcast is a lot of fun when he's got a good guest on . He's a cool guy all around and he'll probably be high as a kite too so it's gonna be twice as funny :laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Best QB in the league this season in my book, probably the MVP as well. Baltimore went from the most boring, least imaginative offense to the most fun to watch in 2 years and I couldn't be happier.

They're still a very basic offense but because Lamar is so dynamic they're very hard to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad