OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Love the end of the patriots. Finally! I wonder which team all these “patriot” fans will follow next

the Chiefs? 9ners? Seahawks?

(or whoever is going to probably be a contender for the next 5 years, I don't follow NFL that much)

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Tompa Bay obviously :sarcasm:

Very suspicious of their oline. Brady was blessed with a top5 oline almost his entire career. TB has a lot of work to do to get there.

I will still follow the Patriots but I will also watch Brady and Gronk as well.

Another football fan circa 2002 So many of these around Montreal it’s nauseating (no hate, just hate for the patriots)

the Chiefs? 9ners? Seahawks?

(or whoever is going to probably be a contender for the next 5 years, I don't follow NFL that much)

not sure their pride will let them switch to a contender so easily.

Everyone should beware the Titans!

Reactions: ArtPeur

Guiness time

Mar 14, 2007
I'm a pats fan. Not switching, why would I? If I'm still a habs fan after living through the Roy trade and having Rejean Houle as GM??? Some crap on bergevin, but do you remember Houle? A light post could out smart him!!!!!

How could i not continue being a fan with Belichick still in NE? I really look forward to seeing what he will do...first year post-brady. How can you not want to watch? GO PATS!!!..... and maybe go bucs....hahahaha

Reactions: OldCraig71

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
:facepalm::dunce:
I started following the Pats when Bledsoe started as QB so I am not sure what you are getting at @CrAzYNiNe

Drew Bledsoe? The patriots were probably one of the worst teams pre-Brady. I find it a hard sell that anyone was a fan prior to the Brady/Bellichik era, but I digress.

I started by watching Reggie White with GB in the early 90s only to realize they were so decorated that I felt cheap being a fan of a team with such a rich history. Then I saw Eddie George at Ohio state and what we like to call “down hill running”. Switch over to the oilers/Titans only to realize now my favourite team is one of the worst franchises in the nfl :dunce::facepalm::joker:

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
The Bills are probably as close of my team as could be, they're the one closer to home and we get their games. Elway was my favorite player, so I was rooting for them when he was there.

Thru the years, I've been rooting for just about all the worst teams. The creamcicle Bucs, the lovable losing Aint's, and lost interest in them after they won the Super Bowl.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Packers Fan here.

I had a pen pal in grade two from England who liked NFL and his favorite team was the Patriots. I wrote back that Football was the worst sport in the world (my parents hated it) and my teacher made me re write it.

So I asked my friend who his favorite team was and he said Green Bay. So that's what I wrote back and then embodied that fandom for the rest of my life.

Beat that.

Reactions: Guiness time

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
:facepalm::dunce:

Drew Bledsoe? The patriots were probably one of the worst teams pre-Brady. I find it a hard sell that anyone was a fan prior to the Brady/Bellichik era, but I digress.

I started by watching Reggie White with GB in the early 90s only to realize they were so decorated that I felt cheap being a fan of a team with such a rich history. Then I saw Eddie George at Ohio state and what we like to call “down hill running”. Switch over to the oilers/Titans only to realize now my favourite team is one of the worst franchises in the nfl :dunce::facepalm::joker:
Hey man, what can I say. I was watching when Bledsoe got hurt and a tall skinny kid named Brady came into the game to replace him and little did I know that he would become one of the greatest of all time. I will still watch the Patriots because with Belichick in control I know that things will be fine but how can I not want to watch Brady? I watched him for the last 20 years and everything that he accomplished, damn right I will be watching him and Gronk.

Reactions: Guiness time

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Packers Fan here.

I had a pen pal in grade two from England who liked NFL and his favorite team was the Patriots. I wrote back that Football was the worst sport in the world (my parents hated it) and my teacher made me re write it.

So I asked my friend who his favorite team was and he said Green Bay. So that's what I wrote back and then embodied that fandom for the rest of my life.

Beat that.
My dad liked the Habs , the Packers and the Red Sox and it was either try to fight him for the remote control on game day or join him. I was a very lazy kid ( I did end up preferring the Expos though, sorry pops) :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Started watching the NFL when my dad was a Dolphin fanatic in the 70's. I liked the Eagles with Jaworski. Then switched to the 49ers, but still had (have) some love for the Eagles. In 1997, I visited the Tampa Bay region with the kids and just started to follow the Bucs. Loved their swag during the Sapp years. I do like the Saints now because of DB. I despised the Pats because, aside from the Red Sox, I CAN'T stand any sports team from Boston (just because), although I love the city as a visitor, because the neanderthals that are the fans of the Booins are seldom in the city centre.

Now, I like many teams in the NFL, like the Chiefs, the Broncos, etc. In fact, it would be best to say that I don't like : the Steelers, the Pats, the Ravens, and the Pats. Did I mention the Pats?

I used to like the Packers, but I find Rodgers to be a self-centered prick. But that's just me.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Got my favourite alcoholic beverage in hand and settling down soon to watch the NFL draft. Anyone else doing the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad