OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
According to some NFL insiders the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to announce Brady signing tomorrow.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Brady sucks anyway. Whoever gets him will have a horrible contract, so at least there's that.
giphy.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's going to be real interesting to see what MLB does about the draft as the NCAA season is canceled before it even started, so either they will have to draft players based off last year or there's talk they might skip the draft and international signing period to save money on the lost rev from this season.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
it's going to be real interesting to see what MLB does about the draft as the NCAA season is canceled before it even started, so either they will have to draft players based off last year or there's talk they might skip the draft and international signing period to save money on the lost rev from this season.
I heard it somewhere yesterday that if you're a senior and participate in spring (baseball, softball, etc.) sports, NCAA is going to allow you to repeat your senior year if you so wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I heard it somewhere yesterday that if you're a senior and participate in spring (baseball, softball, etc.) sports, NCAA is going allow you to repeat your senior year if you so wish.
This does present a lot of logistical issues though, I don't know how feasible it would be down the line if a lot of people go that route. That said, it might be the best solution available for the schools and the athletes.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Rams released Gurley.

Man, outside of Haynesworth, has there ever been a worse NFL contract from the very moment it was signed?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
So Brady gets 50M guaranteed over two years, plus 9M in incentives.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Means nothing if the guarantees are something else.
'' Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that it is a two-year deal worth $50 million that is all guaranteed. It also includes another $9 million in incentives -- $4.5 million in incentives per year -- and the contract prohibits tags and trades, per sources.''

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Looking more and more likely that Winston won't be able to land a starting QB job this off-season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
for the sports junkies it sounds like the KBL will be starting back up soon, I don't care for basketball but if the KBO isn't too far behind I might check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad