OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I've no feeling for tonight's game either, but, either way, it's a must-watch IMO.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Braves are the ones I truly hated back then, I could live with the Phillies and the Pirates but those damn Braves man, every freaking year :laugh:

True. But now, it`s actually the team I probably follow the closest. I love what they`ve done in the past 2-3 seasons. Really good fun young team they have once again!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I've no feeling for tonight's game either, but, either way, it's a must-watch IMO.

It's a tough call. Washington had the best record in the MLB over the final several weeks. I'd give their pitching a slight edge tonight, based on starters, but if it goes to the bullpens early, Houston gets my nod.

Hitting is pretty close, but I'm taking the experience and defence of Houston as the deciding factor.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
It's a tough call. Washington had the best record in the MLB over the final several weeks. I'd give their pitching a slight edge tonight, based on starters, but if it goes to the bullpens early, Houston gets my nod.

Hitting is pretty close, but I'm taking the experience and defence of Houston as the deciding factor.
Since May 23rd WAS had the best record in the entire MLB I believe.

I disagree on hitting. Houston's lineup is much, much deeper than the one of WAS. Correa is hitting 7th in it!

Now, that's not to say everyone in it has been hitting well this post-season, but the same applies to the Nats save for 2 players.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Since May 23rd WAS had the best record in the entire MLB I believe.

I disagree on hitting. Houston's lineup is much, much deeper than the one of WAS. Correa is hitting 7th in it!

Now, that's not to say everyone in it has been hitting well this post-season, but the same applies to the Nats save for 2 players.

I predict a close game. That probably means it will be landslide. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
With Greinke out there the Astros could rest their middle infielders defensively. :laugh:

Reactions: peate

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
With Greinke out there the Astros could rest their middle infielders defensively. :laugh:
I was hoping he'd get all three outs. Now, why is no one warming up for Washington? Hey manager, it's the 7th game and your starter is shaky at best.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I was hoping he'd get all three outs. Now, why is no one warming up for Washington? Hey manager, it's the 7th game and your starter is shaky at best.
It's Scherzer dude. Plus WAS BP is a complete disaster. Unless you throw Strasburg out there for an inning or two I don't trust anyone in it.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
NOW, it gets really interesting as to what the Nats are going to do for the rest of the game pitching-wise.

Unless they blow it wide open here that is.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Superb outing by Corbin. His slider was working tonight. Looks like ex-Blue Jay Hudson will have the bottom of the 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad