Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Just got a notification that I’ve been on this site for 10 years. Wild

I didn't get one.
----
I'll say I had a multipost ready to go responding to RandV and Chairman, I won't continue discussion that isn't warranted but I'd like to thank them both for well-thought posts.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I’ll just say to @mriswith that he makes a fair point and I mostly agree, but I was just relaying my experience with the people I know (all of whom can work from home no problem and some of whom had been doing so for years before 2020.)

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Don't know if it's bad luck, but my fiance ordered my wedding ring and it came in today. Since we're both huge Beatles fans, she engraved it.

Attachments

• 20220131_212049.jpg
    20220131_212049.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 6

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’ll just say to @mriswith that he makes a fair point and I mostly agree, but I was just relaying my experience with the people I know (all of whom can work from home no problem and some of whom had been doing so for years before 2020.)
I personally prefer being in an office, but the commute does matter. Going from WFH to commuting added 90 minutes of travel time a day for me. But, I do like the barrier between the office and home life. WFH, I hate having to walk past the computer because there always was something that you could still do for work, but have already put in your hours for the day.

Reactions: supercanuck

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I personally prefer being in an office, but the commute does matter. Going from WFH to commuting added 90 minutes of travel time a day for me. But, I do like the barrier between the office and home life. WFH, I hate having to walk past the computer because there always was something that you could still do for work, but have already put in your hours for the day.

It sucks. Our office re-closed in December with Omicron breakout. I don't know if I will survive another few months of WFH. My mental health is in the negatives.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
WFH is f***ing atrocious after a certain period of time.

Teams/Zoom calls are completely inefficient compared to in person meetings; let alone having MORE calls because everyone is WFH.

That doesn't even account for other family members/kids who are at home and cause next to no work to get done.

Coupled with the fact there is no interaction with colleagues to have a social aspect.

f*** me.

Working in my comfy clothes is great, but I'm thankful to have been in the office for the last 1 1/2yrs for many reasons.

Reactions: mathonwy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
WFH 2-3 days/week is the best thing that's ever happened to me job-wise.

I have to be in the office in winter but for the rest of the year I will quit my job before I ever go back to 40-hour office weeks again.

But obviously it's different for everyone.

Reactions: theguardianII

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

I have to be in the office in winter but for the rest of the year I will quit my job before I ever go back to 40-hour office weeks again.

Same here, I enjoy the arrangement of being able to shift around my WFH days as well.

My previous company went the route of denying WFH during the pandemic to now apparently suggesting it but making employees keep their webcams live and activated and allow remote access of the browser. f*** that.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Full time work from home at the start of the pandemic is what allowed me to become an artist which is now my full time (although im a student right now) career lmao

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

This close to what Germany did decades ago, 4 day work week with mandated minimum 6 weeks paid holidays. This to reduce unemployment, the unexpected upside was a 25% increase in productivity.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
This close to what Germany did decades ago, 4 day work week with mandated minimum 6 weeks paid holidays. This to reduce unemployment, the unexpected upside was a 25% increase in productivity.

Wish we would do that. It might actually give us a reason to be alive rather than slaving away for people much richer than us who don't even need to work anymore.

Reactions: Hockeyphysio

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Wish we would do that. It might actually give us a reason to be alive rather than slaving away for people much richer than us who don't even need to work anymore.

Being right next to Alberta and the USA totally sucks. My cousin in Alberta will literally brag about getting hurt on the job, logging 60-80 hour work weeks and not taking any vacation. What the f*** is the point?

Also, vacation should be a standard 20 days, with an added 5 days used for flex sick/wellness days.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Being right next to Alberta and the USA totally sucks. My cousin in Alberta will literally brag about getting hurt on the job, logging 60-80 hour work weeks and not taking any vacation. What the f*** is the point?

Also, vacation should be a standard 20 days, with an added 5 days used for flex sick/wellness days.

My company gives 15 days vacation, 3 wellness, on top of the 5 sick days the government just came out with. Probably the best job I've ever had.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
My company gives 15 days vacation, 3 wellness, on top of the 5 sick days the government just came out with. Probably the best job I've ever had.

Heh, my (US-based) employer gave me 3 months paternal leave when my kid was born in December. I wanted more so I took some extra vacation and unpaid leave to get it up to 4. Last week they announced that it was going up to 4.5 months, retroactive to babies born/adopted after Jan 1st. I was like ... damn it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Ive worked like a rented mule in person since the pandemic. Been able to socialize I suppose more than a lot of workers, but man o man the anxiety has increased like hell the last two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad