OT: The OT Thread | The Thread of Destiny

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Any plans on going ? Just because it’s been so long and you might enjoy it ?

There’s no Quiznos in Kitimat, and it’s not really top of my list when visiting Vancouver. When I’m down there, I like going to places that I have no chance of enjoying up here. There’s so much culturally diverse cuisine to enjoy in the lower mainland, as opposed to your pretty typical small town fare of sandwiches, salads, and burgers.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
There’s no Quiznos in Kitimat, and it’s not really top of my list when visiting Vancouver. When I’m down there, I like going to places that I have no chance of enjoying up here. There’s so much culturally diverse cuisine to enjoy in the lower mainland, as opposed to your pretty typical small town fare of sandwiches, salads, and burgers.

Reactions: tradervik

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

I always think of kitsault when kitimat is mentioned because I've watched videos on urban exploration on the ghost town that kitsault is.

Anyway just a random thought.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
People don’t like Quiznos?!?!?

It’s like a thousand times better than Subway, sucks that Subway had better marketing.
1000 times better than Subway is still excessively bad and unconsumable

• Haha
Reactions: VanillaCoke

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

It’s like a thousand times better than Subway, sucks that Subway had better marketing.
I loved quiznos but havent had one near me for like 15 years now. Subway is just one of the cheapest fast food restaurants to run so theres so many of them. I stopped going to them once footlongs werent $5

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
What are some of your all time favourite sports logos?

Im doing some preliminary research for a project Im very excited for

Reactions: Play

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Being lazy with this before i get back to the computer - anyone here a super excel formula wiz?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
What are some of your all time favourite sports logos?

Im doing some preliminary research for a project Im very excited for
Kansas city scouts was always one i liked. Bit off the wall but first one that came to mind

Attachments

• received_377645664712321.png
    received_377645664712321.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Hansen

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
My dog can come up on my couch or my bed whenever she wants, except maybe not on the bed if she's dirty. Because who gives a shit? She's awesome, and as long as it doesn't f*** anything up I'm not going to impose a morality on her she doesn't really understand for a purpose she will never understand either.

I think people would be more comfortable about dogs being on furniture if their hind feet touched the ground.

I think people hate Quizno's because, as I remember it, they were spectacularly good at first by fast food standards then very quickly watered down their product down considerably. It's still better than Subway, as you say.

Also, is there any way not to combine two posts if they are consecutive in a thread? Sometimes they are totally unrelated.

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My dog can come up on my couch or my bed whenever she wants, except maybe not on the bed if she's dirty. Because who gives a shit? She's awesome, and as long as it doesn't f*** anything up I'm not going to impose a morality on her she doesn't really understand for a purpose she will never understand either.

I think people would be more comfortable about dogs being on furniture if their hind feet touched the ground.

I generally find it weird when people don't let their dog on their couch or crate their dog at night.

I think people hate Quizno's because, as I remember it, they were spectacularly good at first by fast food standards then very quickly watered down their product down considerably. It's still better than Subway, as you say.

I always enjoyed it and when we go MTBing in Oregon once or twice a year we always stop at a truck stop in Southern Washington that still has a Quiznos and I still think it's excellent.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I generally find it weird when people don't let their dog on their couch or crate their dog at night.
Or follow their dog around saying, "Baaad! Baaaaaad dog, you are *such* a bad dog!" in circumstances where the dog can't possibly understand what they mean, which, sorry dog whisperers, is much if not most of the time in modern urban society. People who get all dog trainer-y and boss their dogs around like it's a mission in life and a virtue weird me out too.

Reactions: PG Canuck and MS

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I think dogs should be crate trained when young/new but graduate to sleeping and going wherever they want unsupervised in the home. If you cant train and trust your dog eventually then thats a you problem

Reactions: PG Canuck and MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Or follow their dog around saying, "Baaad! Baaaaaad dog, you are *such* a bad dog!" in circumstances where the dog can't possibly understand what they mean, which, sorry dog whisperers, is much if not most of the time in modern urban society. People who get all dog trainer-y and boss their dogs around like it's a mission in life and a virtue weird me out too.

Yeah, my dog is my friend, not an exercise in control or dominance.

And I like hanging out with my friend on the couch as opposed to making them sad when they go into a crate at night.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
In the dog trading circles there’s a saying:”the more you treat your dog like a human, the more he’ll treat you like a dog”.
I’ve seen that play out lots of times when training working dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad