OT: The OT Thread | The Thread of Destiny

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Hey all. For anyone using Sportsnet to stream games, how is that working for you?
Thanks.
I’ve got the Sportsnet app on Apple TV and it’s working okay. There have been a few bugs like not returning to the game when the tv commercials end but no issues lately. One thing about commercials is that they don’t show the ones you get on cable and frequently all you see is a static screen saying a commercial break is in progress.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I’ve got the Sportsnet app on Apple TV and it’s working okay. There have been a few bugs like not returning to the game when the tv commercials end but no issues lately. One thing about commercials is that they don’t show the ones you get on cable and frequently all you see is a static screen saying a commercial break is in progress.
Thanks. Not seeing the commercials could be a positive.
I’m also thinking about ditching Rogers and going with Telus who have some significant promotions on right now. Any opinion on Rogers vs Telus?

tradervik

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks. Not seeing the commercials could be a positive.
I’m also thinking about ditching Rogers and going with Telus who have some significant promotions on right now. Any opinion on Rogers vs Telus?
I have no personal opinion of Rogers vs Telus. People complain about both. I’ve got Telus fwiw.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I watch on Xbox and PS4 and get commercials. I actually prefer them especially after NHLtv where they did that commercial break screen - it was too quiet.

Seems like the Sportsnet app works differently depending on the device you use it on. Most days I have to close and reopen the app on my consoles because it will just buffer but works otherwise.

tradervik

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I watch on Xbox and PS4 and get commercials. I actually prefer them especially after NHLtv where they did that commercial break screen - it was too quiet.

Seems like the Sportsnet app works differently depending on the device you use it on. Most days I have to close and reopen the app on my consoles because it will just buffer but works otherwise.
I agree on the commercials. The silence is uncomfortable. Also, when the app was having trouble returning to the live broadcast after the commercial break, it would always take a while before I realized the app stopped working so I'd miss some of the action.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Any suggestions on what to do this weekend in Vancouver? Coming for the game vs the Jets.

Also are practices open to the public? I know the Kraken do it and been to theirs.

Just saw on Reddit that CanucksPR will tweet out where they practice but is it open to public?

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Any suggestions on what to do this weekend in Vancouver? Coming for the game vs the Jets.

Also are practices open to the public? I know the Kraken do it and been to theirs.

Just saw on Reddit that CanucksPR will tweet out where they practice but is it open to public?

Check out Honey's Doughnuts if you have private transport available in Deep Cove. For my money best donuts I've ever had. They are so good that their plain or "original" seriously might be the best one.

Either that or find some open houses, go the next street over, and fire a gun into the air a couple times. You'd be doing us a favour.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Not all practices are open to the public. If it's at UBC, they're pretty easy to see. Rogers Arena ones are usually closed unless they advertise it.

Whereabouts are you staying? Downtown?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not all practices are open to the public. If it's at UBC, they're pretty easy to see. Rogers Arena ones are usually closed unless they advertise it.

Whereabouts are you staying? Downtown?
Yeah I couldn’t find any concrete information. Kind of shows how behind the Canucks are in terms of fan experience - it was incredibly easy to find any info on the Kraken practices etc.

Staying in Davie Village so the downtown is my oyster. I’ve been to Vancouver a lot just looking for a bit of an unknown touristy thing or two to do instead of the most popular.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Thoughts on cell plans for Vancouver? I also commute via BC Ferries to Vancouver Island 5-10 times a year from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay

I'm with Koodo. I'm pretty happy generally, but I have noticed my signal strength is a bit weaker as of late.

If I switch to Fido I could save $15 a month over a two year period (cheaper plan, plus I get benefits with the Rogers credit card. And together it adds up to about $15/month). However, it might be time consuming to switch.

tradervik

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Thoughts on cell plans for Vancouver? I also commute via BC Ferries to Vancouver Island 5-10 times a year from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay

I'm with Koodo. I'm pretty happy generally, but I have noticed my signal strength is a bit weaker as of late.

If I switch to Fido I could save $15 a month over a two year period (cheaper plan, plus I get benefits with the Rogers credit card. And together it adds up to about $15/month). However, it might be time consuming to switch.
I don’t have an opinion on plans but switching should be fast and painless. I did it in person when I switched to Koodo and they did it pretty much instantly.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yeah I couldn’t find any concrete information. Kind of shows how behind the Canucks are in terms of fan experience - it was incredibly easy to find any info on the Kraken practices etc.

Staying in Davie Village so the downtown is my oyster. I’ve been to Vancouver a lot just looking for a bit of an unknown touristy thing or two to do instead of the most popular.
If you are a walker walk around stanley park starting south side like you are

If you like flea markets check out the huge one on terminal few blocks in from main st ... set up in giant warehouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad