OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I like it when teams or their management have real Twitter accounts instead of rooms full of millennials sitting around trying to think of topical/snarky/cringey/ironic shit to say.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
While I’d like to believe Mark is just making money off idiots. He is well known and should be well off enough that this wouldn’t cross his mind. Too bad all signs point to him being an idiot here. Thanks for the memories Mark, it’s too bad this is what you’ll be remembered for now
Look at who he's sharing the bill with. I'm not sure this is a paying gig.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I like it when teams or their management have real Twitter accounts instead of rooms full of millennials sitting around trying to think of topical/snarky/cringey/ironic shit to say.
giphy.gif

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Looking into getting a new Gaming/Work laptop. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I think there's some people in the culinary pursuits here. I'm lucky if I don't burn my cereal. But we've been cooking at home a lot lately. Fell in love with this Chicago Steakhouse way of cooking up steaks.

Fry them up on the stove and then toss 'em in the oven resulting in a perfect cook all the way through. The steaks we've been cooking up around the place have been on par with some of the best steaks I've ever had.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think there's some people in the culinary pursuits here. I'm lucky if I don't burn my cereal. But we've been cooking at home a lot lately. Fell in love with this Chicago Steakhouse way of cooking up steaks.

Fry them up on the stove and then toss 'em in the oven resulting in a perfect cook all the way through. The steaks we've been cooking up around the place have been on par with some of the best steaks I've ever had.

Alternatively I'd recommend trying the reverse. Cook the steak in the oven first, to your desired doneness, then finish it by searing on the stove top. In a cast iron if you have it.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Looking into getting a new Gaming/Work laptop. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Look and ask on the geek emporium thread on PC building, it's a very good HF resource. For where to buy it's still good to shop around but I'd strongly recommend memoryexpress.ca, a Canadian company like newegg.com that started in Edmonton/Calgary and is across Canada now. While you can order and build online they also have a few store locations.

If you're going to get a desktop and build it piece by piece then it's an even better idea to shop shop around for the best deals, though when I built my desktop two years ago I spent around $900 at Memory Express and $300 at Newegg. Another good thing to do if you don't need to put everything together right away is monitor these sites for their daily special deals for a good component to jump on. You're probably not going to see a big component like the CPU, but things like monitors, keyboards, power supplies, tower cases, often cycle through here.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Not if they are isolated there. Parallel slalom masters by 2021.

Tourism ain't going so hot right no - especially international tourism which was basically The Ski Resort Under the Sea's only economic sector.

Also Disney would sue the absolute hell out of them for the whole Rebel-Alliance-logo-as-flag thing.

Reactions: LiveeviL

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Tourism ain't going so hot right no - especially international tourism which was basically The Ski Resort Under the Sea's only economic sector.

Also Disney would sue the absolute hell out of them for the whole Rebel-Alliance-logo-as-flag thing.

international waters so Disney couldn’t do anything;

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone on here into classic vehicles and/or work in the automotive industry?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'll be perfectly honest, I didn't really know who Logan Paul is until seeing the knockout of Nate Robinson (unless maybe he was the one who went to the suicide forest in Japan and filmed himself mocking a dead body.)

But I saw both Evander Kane and Robin Lehner challenge him on twitter, and then today see that Floyd Mayweather is going to fight him. I'm not a big boxing guy but that seems like a pretty huge mistake, for Paul to take on.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I'll be perfectly honest, I didn't really know who Logan Paul is until seeing the knockout of Nate Robinson (unless maybe he was the one who went to the suicide forest in Japan and filmed himself mocking a dead body.)

But I saw both Evander Kane and Robin Lehner challenge him on twitter, and then today see that Floyd Mayweather is going to fight him. I'm not a big boxing guy but that seems like a pretty huge mistake, for Paul to take on.
I know as much as you do but hes just getting the attention he wants from all this. Even if he gets his shit pushed in from a real fighter he’ll make bank from it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I vaguely remember Logan Paul as a passingly funny Vine artist until Vine went defunct. Since then, I've only seen his name come up in headlines for doing various scummy things, or boxing. Seems like he's a loudmouth who is trying to market his own brand.

Which, in his defense, if he's getting attention from the likes of Kane, Lehner, and Mayweather...it sounds like he's getting exactly what he wants.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I vaguely remember Logan Paul as a passingly funny Vine artist until Vine went defunct. Since then, I've only seen his name come up in headlines for doing various scummy things, or boxing. Seems like he's a loudmouth who is trying to market his own brand.

Which, in his defense, if he's getting attention from the likes of Kane, Lehner, and Mayweather...it sounds like he's getting exactly what he wants.
In general, the point of having a "social media career" is to monetize anything you possibly can, even if you humiliate yourself in the process. Right now Logan Paul could probably get several million dollars for getting punched for a while. Is it any less humiliating to go to work every day despite not wanting to because you can't figure out an alternative? I doubt Logan Paul thinks so, and I don't disagree with him.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Dayum.

I just spent two hours researching medical journals and writing a reply to a guy in the Mark Donnelly thread. I go to post it but it's locked. :laugh:

And no, I didn't notice that it was locked because I accessed it through my alerts, not the main Canucks page where I'd see the lock thingy.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad